manes or staff

This is a discussion on manes or staff within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; atm im using lycaon doing manes but thinking of buying +8 scorching but that will mean im putting more int ...
Page: 1

assassin110490

Default manes or staff

atm im using lycaon doing manes but thinking of buying +8 scorching but that will mean im putting more int on. so was wondering what the staff damage is with a dcz mage with scorching and old items

It depends on the MP points you have and the accessories.
    But I would recommend getting a scorching. It will help in PK, indefinitely with the Health boost and the dagger defense. Also, the combo for staff attacks (if done correctly) will let you attack much more than manes will, without a doubt.
    Last edited by azn_krn_dragon; 01-21-2011 at 03:29 AM.

assassin110490

yeah im thinking scorching to just checked what staff damage with lycaon was and was pretty good so now just wanna know what damage people doing with scorching if any1 can tell me their average

Manes is a pretty useless skill in actual pvp, if there's an archer in the opposing party, you should be getting 5 arrows on you everytime you even try to cast. Also they're only good if the other person is standing still, eg. you can't chase and attack - which is kind of pointless considering 90% of dcz spend their time running.

As the guy above said, it doesn't all depend on MP, it depends on your staff AP/rings mainly. Then further damage can come from base mp (but relatively little compared to the main factors of staff damage).

With olds and SS+8, I'd guess 320/330 blades. Should be roughly the same as an ice/light mage with +1 rings / +8 staff.