rlb mage

This is a discussion on rlb mage within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; i need advice on everything. only thing im sure about is that i want to be a lightning attack mage, ...
Page: 1

Default rlb mage

i need advice on everything. only thing im sure about is that i want to be a lightning attack mage, who is also able to go solo.

my gear will be something like this

dual sse 0
    dual bifrost ring 0/1
    skelly belt
    ep 0/1
    chaotic staff +7

so i need advice on element, stats, skills, armour
    Last edited by Stifa; 01-06-2010 at 09:05 AM.

what server?

dont think the gear is good enough to solo with the editions of old uniques to the game. I think minimum to do well is +1Imirs and maybe even duel +2s....

I think if ur orc.on Cwest....u may have easier time to do this build. If ur human....u wont solo much.

Da Camel Senior Member Killing spree's Avatar

i think he is from Olympia Draven
    Atleast thats what his sig says ^^

Hob

Go int 160 and use shell-ron's or chitin +8,+9

sorry my sig is from my brothers char, he's in olympia. But im in c-west

decided to go:
    linen set +8
    dual flame ring +0 first later on will be higher
    skelly
    ep +0 first later on higher
    dual sse +0
    scorching +7
    scorpion shield +0

112int 215mp 51str rest hp

Quote Originally Posted by Stifa View Post
    sorry my sig is from my brothers char, he's in olympia. But im in c-west

decided to go:
    linen set +8
    dual flame ring +0 first later on will be higher
    skelly
    ep +0 first later on higher
    dual sse +0
    scorching +7
    scorpion shield +0

112int 215mp 51str rest hp
    i ran this build in rlb on cwest. Of course it was some time ago..... it owned. Its a good build here's what I would upgrade if u do this. I would upgrade these items over time while working your character:

Flame Rings...... go as high as you can ever forever.
    Scorching 7 >>>> to Scorching+8 ( i'd make this priority)

rest is fine and can do ok.... now i play cwest and i know weap paper def armors are available.... even if u have to take them at +6. Get urself some DDhelm and some spear boots. Maybe keeps eyes out for the pads(axe def) and lastly the sword gloves. But in cwest RLB I see more spears/axes/daggers/clubs then anything. These will put u over the top as a sexy tank killer mage.

anytime u see my mages.... i have the DDhelm and spear boots welded to my character.... i dont even know what HP helm or boots are.... ^^

the most knowledgeable mage and best mage i know is on Cwest.... Brew/BambiSandwich. this guy does crazy builds and knows what he's doing.... u might get to know him.

Hob

u will get raped on rlb lol !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hob View Post
    u will get raped on rlb lol !!!
    this is were skill comes in. And i dont know it for sure, but i think i'll do fine, been mage for long time on olympia. But only ardream, but since ardream has the most babashoppers there, u really needed to know how to play mage. I learned everything there.

i think big difference in playing mage in dcz compared to rlb/cz

way more hp to deal with. As fire mage, u can 1-3hit sins in dcz...... cant really do that in rlb and i was using Scorching+8 w/ duel FR+2s.

magicshield....

u will do fine, find a gg sin to play with to keep ur lupes up and finish ur kills......

i'll find a rlb clan. any1 knows a good orc rlb clan english speaking who is online during european times.

well

i am clan leader of Hellsfury RLB clan on cwest. ^^ we are orc.

uhm, can i join? I'll be online alot lvl 65 atm but dont have the gear in this post yet. Need to sell some ps2 and psp games first.

Got papers +8 (gonna be linen when i can find it) with woe +7 (just for now) and btw i've gone flame mage. Yeah i change alot, i know. With dual flame rings skelly belt ep and dual sse.

Da Camel Senior Member Killing spree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Draven View Post
    the most knowledgeable mage and best mage i know is on Cwest.... Brew/BambiSandwich. this guy does crazy builds and knows what he's doing.... u might get to know him.
    When it comes down to taking builds, choosing acces, armor, ect...
    then Migit (aka Brew) is probably the person to run to.

He always gets a build together, that many peopl have never even thought of, and actually owns with it

Quote Originally Posted by Draven View Post
    i think big difference in playing mage in dcz compared to rlb/cz

way more hp to deal with. As fire mage, u can 1-3hit sins in dcz...... cant really do that in rlb and i was using Scorching+8 w/ duel FR+2s.

magicshield....

u will do fine, find a gg sin to play with to keep ur lupes up and finish ur kills......
    When i played in dcz on my ice mage, i was more of support then attack.
    So what i noticed is that, dcz compared to cz, the time you got for tping really is a big diff.
    Ofc its logic, seeing ppl in ardream have HP from 3 - 4k compared to cz, where they have around 7 - 11k.
    So ye, learning the timediff i had on a dcz compared to the cz mage, was a big diff for me

Quote Originally Posted by Killing spree View Post
    When it comes down to taking builds, choosing acces, armor, ect...
    then Migit (aka Brew) is probably the person to run to.

He always gets a build together, that many peopl have never even thought of, and actually owns with it

When i played in dcz on my ice mage, i was more of support then attack.
    So what i noticed is that, dcz compared to cz, the time you got for tping really is a big diff.
    Ofc its logic, seeing ppl in ardream have HP from 3 - 4k compared to cz, where they have around 7 - 11k.
    So ye, learning the timediff i had on a dcz compared to the cz mage, was a big diff for me

yeah the Migit...... man he's soloing all eslant bosses by himself with just his trusty Oasis.... love the guy lol when we on our 75+mages..... we can take all bosses duo except felly and isi.....only becuz we dont have the STR to carry enough pots to kill them!

@ Stifa.... if u see one of our boys online pm them. The euro clan assistant is SotaJumala.....pm him. he adds euro's around him for pk. If ur on in about 4 hours....pm me on one of these 3 characters - PainUnit, Draven or Bloodshot and I will add u for a try.