I wanna play a mage, tips needed.

This is a discussion on I wanna play a mage, tips needed. within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; I decided to start playing as a mage, i've never played mage on usko(been playing mage on pk servers) so ...
Page: 1

Default I wanna play a mage, tips needed.

I decided to start playing as a mage, i've never played mage on usko(been playing mage on pk servers) so i need some tips with the gear.
    I want to play a fire mage that can do a lot of dmg, so should i play 59/69/or 83 lvl mage? Im planing on buying it.
    My budget is about 60-70 gbs.

O_o Senior Member

Rlb mages are kinda suck, everyone there got high AP HP etc while mage's doesnt change much besides HP... So unless you go support (which still isnt that good) dont go there.

Now that budget tbh isnt that enough, as fire staffs and fire rings cost the most, but basically what you need is Scorching / Hell Blood +7/+8 and ofc Flame Rings +0/+1/+2.

As for armor, if you chose DCZ, then Crimsons, if you chose CZ, Krowaz ofc.

Get Iron Neck and Glass Belt, and Earrings, for DCZ, i think CE & SSE is the best, you get both the HP and the resis, and for CZ, I preffer Lich King's Pride.

If youll have any left over cash (which I dont believe if youll go CZ) then get valks with HP (for DCZ its important) and if you go DCZ try to get Crimson DD +6/+7

GL

only ironset cost about 50gb allready .... i dont know if u are willing to spend more but with 60 / 70 gb u cant make a mage that is really good ...

El Shaddai Senior Member zecabr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyDutch View Post
    only ironset cost about 50gb allready .... i dont know if u are willing to spend more but with 60 / 70 gb u cant make a mage that is really good ...
    Unless he play's with a mage clan.. in that case you could have fun with normal gear. Not sure about how much stuff cost in the server you play but you should be able to get something like old fr's or fr's+1/+2, Ep+1/+2, Glass Belt, Lkp's+1/2 or even old sse's, krowaz set+6/+7 and a good staff like hellblood+8/Fulitol+7, this way you would do pretty good dmg being mp build and would get some fun with a good mage clan.

Quote Originally Posted by n3n4dw4r View Post
    I decided to start playing as a mage, i've never played mage on usko(been playing mage on pk servers) so i need some tips with the gear.
    I want to play a fire mage that can do a lot of dmg, so should i play 59/69/or 83 lvl mage? Im planing on buying it.
    My budget is about 60-70 gbs.

what server to u want to play?

high damage mage huh?? mhh ,in adream get some good items and own those rouges/ warriors and other mages in 1vs1, get debuffed and u are 1 hit dead, get 2vs1 and u are dead no chance to scape unless u kill one noob first and die from the other noob, get into a party of mages and you'll be novaing pillaring and running away. for rlb don't even try you wont' kill anyone and everyone will kill you.. cz idk never played cz beore.. but mage need iron set if u want to survive, nice rings and staff if u want to own ppl, and nice everything else if u want to rule adream

lightning mage 100% stun

from the only place where u'll be able to listen the true Minimal

LOLled to almost all posts written before.

If dmg is waht u want...there's just one way dude... 83...let's say 80. The flame-mage's skills 70+ simply rock.And the 80s are pure ownage.
    Cz will be deffo the best area where the mage shows its all power, reducing the "bad sides" to the min.
    Krovaz and some right gear ensure u what u need to stay alive longer (and i'm not talking about sets....i guess the people who replied above never had the chance to check the diff between a neck and an ep+3 especially under mana shield and with a gg smart priest under the skin.Otherwise they wont talk about sets. Same for glass vs belt. I would pick the glass any day for an 80+mage.)

In the other areas, u'll miss something: hp or ac, or both, as well as gg skills..but this doesn't mean u can't play the mage more than decently there too.It means just u're underpowered.That's why people choose there less offensive setups.And well when u go around with the common gang of mages+archers (4example)..u wont really notice the dmg loss. I've played long enough in the past with a turk archer..and i can ensure u that 5+3 combo + spells dot dmg and some sliding blades here and there do the job more than decently even without great gear. The key there...(since people got low hp -expl ardream-) is the dot dmg as well as blade skills. Not really the single skills; and the things that influence it are: rings+, staff ap, staff elem. dmg and mp stat points ofc.

O_o Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by inarco View Post
    LOLled to almost all posts written before.

If dmg is waht u want...there's just one way dude... 83...let's say 80. The flame-mage's skills 70+ simply rock.And the 80s are pure ownage.
    Cz will be deffo the best area where the mage shows its all power, reducing the "bad sides" to the min.
    Krovaz and some right gear ensure u what u need to stay alive longer (and i'm not talking about sets....i guess the people who replied above never had the chance to check the diff between a neck and an ep+3 especially under mana shield and with a gg smart priest under the skin.Otherwise they wont talk about sets. Same for glass vs belt. I would pick the glass any day for an 80+mage.)

In the other areas, u'll miss something: hp or ac, or both, as well as gg skills..but this doesn't mean u can't play the mage more than decently there too.It means just u're underpowered.That's why people choose there less offensive setups.And well when u go around with the common gang of mages+archers (4example)..u wont really notice the dmg loss. I've played long enough in the past with a turk archer..and i can ensure u that 5+3 combo + spells dot dmg and some sliding blades here and there do the job more than decently even without great gear. The key there...(since people got low hp -expl ardream-) is the dot dmg as well as blade skills. Not really the single skills; and the things that influence it are: rings+, staff ap, staff elem. dmg and mp stat points ofc.
    What's so funny in that? It's pretty much obvious, like saying "LOL lvl 83 rogue hit more then lvl 59"... -_-

DCZ fire mages hit high aswell (pillar DMG can get to 1k and even higher, which is like 1/3 of the avatar hp) and with the right gear it owns.

actualy i hit around 400 / 450 with staff hits, this takes out most players quite easy... i believe mage is most powerfull DCZ char.