wp+2 and glass belt vs iron neck and skelly

This is a discussion on wp+2 and glass belt vs iron neck and skelly within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; i know this has been asked alot but this is specific for rlb AND ardream i like ap and resists, ...
Page: 1

Default wp+2 and glass belt vs iron neck and skelly

i know this has been asked alot but this is specific for rlb AND ardream
    i like ap and resists, i also know weapon defences are important,
    cant rly test it myself cuz im mainly expin (63 atm) so..
    i want more than 1 opinion

wp 2 anyday over IN for rlb and dcz, the ap, ac and the res which u really lack in dcz/rlb are awesome. on belts im not real sure, the gr on the skele owns :P

Haters gonna hate Senior Member MushtMan's Avatar

IMO I've had both IN and WP+2 and I preferred IN.

let me try find something i wrote, will edit when i find it.

here it is:

Quote Originally Posted by MushtMan View Post
    rofl full dex is the dumbest thing out there, unless that guy likes to play like a phaggot and go spike,thrust run-wait for them to recharge-spike-thrust.

Anywayz this is why i prefer the Iron set.

Firstly in my eyes the Iron Belt is a must, it gives you 50 freakin AC and 10% damage reduction to all weapons.

Now it's WP+2 vs IN.

WP+2 gives:

1) HP
    2) MP
    3) Dex
    4) Resistances
    5) AC

About the HP and MP, the IN gives that as well and they are about the same, maybe the WP+2 gives like 30 HP more or something but that's not noticeable so that's already gone.

Dexterity, ok how much more AP is it gonna give him? max 30? come on that's nothing, let's agree that the 30 AP isn't the thing that is gonna give him the kill. So let's look at this as a minor thing.

Resistances - The real resistance he needs to watch out for is the GR (LR he will have enough with ROLS and RE+1 x2 + CHD+7). With RE+1 x2 and CHD+7 he will have 12x2 + 14 = 38GR. I know it seems low, it probably isn't the best but I have played with around 40 and I did fine. He just needs to learn to cure fast and he will be fine. Maybe he can work on getting RE+2 x2 to get that GR up.

So now we are left with AC. 28 AC vs 10% damage reduction to ALL weapons. I think it's obvious that the 10% is better.

So in conclusion:

- HP/MP is about the same with the IN
    - The 20-30 AP he gets with WP+2 isn't all that and certainly won't be the thing that makes him get the kills.
    - Resistances, only big downside is the GR, but I still think he will do fine with it, also if he parties with a mage, have that mage give him GR all the time and he will do more than fine.
    - 28 AC vs 10% damage reduction. Obviously the 10% is better.

So basically the IN will make him more of a tank and harder to kill, and what's the point of having the WP+2 and being able to hit like a little more when you will die faster.

And like I said, I have used both of them and I liked the tankability the IN gives you a lot more. Not to mention if you wanna go full DD mode and have 35 DD, I wanna see a sin kill you. You could probably tank a few sins like that.

Well I think that's all, but it's his choice to make.
    So in your case this is why i view IN > WP+2.

Now Skelly > GB (in this case cus we're comparing wp2+gb vs IN+skelly)

1) Both have the same AC
    2) Both have 10 CD / SD / DD

Now GB has 50 hp (4get the 10 int), 10 AD/SWD/AXD and the skelly has 30 GR.

How many Swords are out there? exactly... so let's move on.
    The number of archers isn't that high as well and the 10 arrow def isn't that valuable imo anyways. (Basically all the wep defences you are missing are quite uncommon)

There might be a few avedons but it's mainly spear + clubs that warriors have so losing that 10 axe def isn't that much of a biggy compared to the fact that with the IN+Skelly combo you will be having 20 CD/SD/DD which are the most important wep defences, not to mention the main resistance you really need is GR (LR you are gonna have enough of assuming u get rols).

So imo IN+Skelly > WP+2+GB.

-------------

BUT this also depends on your playing style, if in your experience you don't end up being in a situation where you need to tank a lot go ahead and get that WP+2, i personally just like tanking though.

well i found a merch today with sd gaunts for 10m and i made em +6^^ so sword defence... check

and yea i like the wp aswell but im afraid i wont be tanky at all... and yea im using rols so ..
    and how about wp+2 and iron belt? does that > IN skelly?

Haters gonna hate Senior Member MushtMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boeren View Post
    well i found a merch today with sd gaunts for 10m and i made em +6^^ so sword defence... check

and yea i like the wp aswell but im afraid i wont be tanky at all... and yea im using rols so ..
    and how about wp+2 and iron belt? does that > IN skelly?
    So the only difference here is that you gain 20 AC, i still think the weapon defence would prevail.

especially when you think of the fact that when u get duffed u lose AC but u never lose weapon defence.

Saig0

pp +3 is the best , u will have more attack and more ks

and more deaths . Ur dying more then making kses.
    GG