wp 2 vs in

This is a discussion on wp 2 vs in within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; OK so there probably have been topics like this, but not specific to my character, so i want some peoples ...
Page: 1

OK so there probably have been topics like this, but not specific to my character, so i want some peoples opinions. At the moment ive just acquired a wp + 2. Im used to wearing my IN, but this thing is kinda sexy. Were talking ardream by the way. Now the wp gives 35 fr, 15 gr 15 lr, an extra 70 ish hp, extra 5 str and 28 ac. What are peoples thoughts on loosing 10 wep defence for such small bonuses? i have pretty good uniques and also IB so i still have some wep defences. Thats whats kinda making me think about it the fact i already have a wep defence belt and my resistances are a little low currently. So yea hit me with some thoughts.

Please dont reply with WP 2 > in or wp 3 > in, because they are useless, or at least write an explanation behind your reasoning. IF you need more information just say so and ill try and provide.

Da Camel Senior Member Killing spree's Avatar

If you have a shield with Spear / Axe def stuff on it, then take the WP+2 and use switch to your shield
    but evenwithout sush a shield id still pick the WP2
    just for the fact that there are more mages and rogue in ardream then warriors
    Allso you said that you have allot of wep defences + you got an IB aswell.

So what i wouldo do is use the WP+2 and just switch to your IN when rly needed.

Just my opinion

If you have a shield with Spear / Axe def stuff on it, then take the WP+2 and use switch to your shield
    but evenwithout sush a shield id still pick the WP2
    just for the fact that there are more mages and rogue in ardream then warriors
    Allso you said that you have allot of wep defences + you got an IB aswell.

So what i wouldo do is use the WP+2 and just switch to your IN when rly needed.

Just my opinion [/b]

Yea see thats why its got me thinkin so much, cause i have the 48 spear def shield the rare one and the 32 def to axe club all that, also have a ds + 6 to which just pwns with ac. And funnily enough the thing im most scared of is any good mages that are gonna be in ardream. However on the flip side i also have the ability to use resis pots ( i think )?, i have a scorp shield + 6 and dual we's i can use as well. got goblin stuff as well so man aasdfasdfsd i donno what to use! such small bonuses vs wep defences :S?

SuperSin Senior Member JayClaiba's Avatar

Wp+2, With Iron Belt your fine. Your not gonna die that often because no1 will be hitting u over 700 in dcz. unless Ofc maliced.

Brun

IN is so over rated. me and a friend did a test both lvl 59 and it took max 48 dmg off his attack which is gay you lose all that ac hp mp resist from wp for 30-50 damage off a persons attack with IN.. i say WP+2>In all the way...

enigma69

what kind of character are you? and list your other items (it matters)

i would go WP +2.. the extra hp / mana / resist and ac helps.. specially ardream.. but then again depends on ur server also

enigma69

i would go WP +2.. the extra hp / mana / resist and ac helps.. specially ardream.. but then again depends on ur server also[/b]
    the thing is if he is a rogue/warrior he still gains mana/hp from the neckless.

it depends on his class and other items. if he is a high ac build he should go with the WP b/c the damage reduced would be less significant with the in.

The only class I would recomend the IN for is a BP, mage(actually would trade for ep+2 and upghrade other items), or a rogue. for the rogue it depends on personal preference, i personally would go wp on the rogue if I was using eme's and IN if i were using rogue earings, just for mana reasons. personally prefer wp+eme's.

what class are you tho, and what are your items

edit: holy crap its under warrior sextion. slash me.

go with the WP. sry >.> your already a High AC class, so the reduction from the IN would not be very helpfull, where as the resis and ac are nice on the wp.

the thing is if he is a rogue/warrior he still gains mana/hp from the neckless.

it depends on his class and other items. if he is a high ac build he should go with the WP b/c the damage reduced would be less significant with the in.

The only class I would recomend the IN for is a BP, mage(actually would trade for ep+2 and upghrade other items), or a rogue. for the rogue it depends on personal preference, i personally would go wp on the rogue if I was using eme's and IN if i were using rogue earings, just for mana reasons. personally prefer wp+eme's.
    what class are you tho, and what are your items

edit: holy crap its under warrior sextion. slash me.

go with the WP. sry >.> your already a High AC class, so the reduction from the IN would not be very helpfull, where as the resis and ac are nice on the wp.[/b]
    sorry i assumed he was warrior b/c of the "painfool lvl 74 warrior - - retired for now... Playing/lvling ardream char now ^.^" from that in his sig.. and because its posted in warrior section lawl.. i believe only 1 wep def accesory is enough for warrior.. then you can use WP +2 and have more money to upgrade items / armours..

unless uve alredy got +2's +3's :S

enigma69

sorry i assumed he was warrior b/c of the "painfool lvl 74 warrior - - retired for now... Playing/lvling ardream char now ^.^" from that in his sig.. and because its posted in warrior section lawl.. i believe only 1 wep def accesory is enough for warrior.. then you can use WP +2 and have more money to upgrade items / armours..

unless uve alredy got +2's +3's :S[/b]
    i clicked like latest post under game questions ant tips, i didnt notice it was in warrior sextion >.>
    but i agree about the only 1 wep defence is all you need

thanks for all the replies and advice, seems to me so far that the general vote would be for wp2, i have only done a few small tests but it does seem like minimal dmg reduction from IN against a spike. Lol at the what class are you in warrior section :P but yea.
    at the moment im wearing fp 9 pauldron, rest + 8 fp. dual we, in, ib, roc 1 and working on another roc 1. however i will be sellling my fp 9 pauldron, ive already bought + 8 chitin pauld, and working on getting + 8 chitin pads and swapping to fp 9 boots and gaunts. weapon atm is hb 7 untill i can use my avedon and ms. biggest issue is i have dual we 0's and an sse + 1. not really sure what to wear. 16/3 ears be alot cheaper then say trying to get a o.e + 2/3 and probably easier to find to. but my resists arent so good and ice and light mages scare me as i stated already. another reason why i guess i should use the wp but arrrrrrghhh. I plan on having no less then 1.1 k ac and i want no less then 4 k hp. not sure what i can get for ap without sacrificing my ac and hp.

enigma69

thanks for all the replies and advice, seems to me so far that the general vote would be for wp2, i have only done a few small tests but it does seem like minimal dmg reduction from IN against a spike. Lol at the what class are you in warrior section :P but yea.
    at the moment im wearing fp 9 pauldron, rest + 8 fp. dual we, in, ib, roc 1 and working on another roc 1. however i will be sellling my fp 9 pauldron, ive already bought + 8 chitin pauld, and working on getting + 8 chitin pads and swapping to fp 9 boots and gaunts. weapon atm is hb 7 untill i can use my avedon and ms. biggest issue is i have dual we 0's and an sse + 1. not really sure what to wear. 16/3 ears be alot cheaper then say trying to get a o.e + 2/3 and probably easier to find to. but my resists arent so good and ice and light mages scare me as i stated already. another reason why i guess i should use the wp but arrrrrrghhh. I plan on having no less then 1.1 k ac and i want no less then 4 k hp. not sure what i can get for ap without sacrificing my ac and hp.[/b]
    with the armor build your doing is fine. for the earings it all depends on what your looking for. personally I say you can always take care of a mage with resistance potions, or gr/lr from a teamate mage. For the earings you have x2 choices, AP or tank. 16/3 earings would be nice early earings to roll with while you +up your roc&#39;s. then you could go for pe&#39;s which are a great all around earing (<3 pe for mana), or back to WE&#39;s if your really paranoid about mages, but imo the resistances you gain from WE&#39;s wont be noticed with the way cold/light rates are.... your either gonna get colded a ton, or hardly not at all, and you will hardly get stunned

with the chitin 8 pauldron pads rest fp9, roc1/0, dual we&#39;s, and hb+7 you will be around 1500 AP, 4k HP, and over 1200 AC. mana should be around 2k.

PE > WE > OE imho.. but im not sure if PE gives more HP / MP than WE for dcz? but yea as enigma said the resists arnt that noticeable.. it all helps.. but once u put a shield on ur pretty hard to be slowed / stunned

enigma69

PE > WE > OE imho.. but im not sure if PE gives more HP / MP than WE for dcz? but yea as enigma said the resists arnt that noticeable.. it all helps.. but once u put a shield on ur pretty hard to be slowed / stunned[/b]
    WE gives no mana. might give slightly more hp, not sure.