9Dragons ( Asian themed with strong skill progression aspect )

This is a discussion on 9Dragons ( Asian themed with strong skill progression aspect ) within the PC Gaming forums, part of the Games category; There are many OLD topics about 9d, or asking if anyone plays, etc. Instead of bumping one of those i ...
Page: 1

Default 9Dragons ( Asian themed with strong skill progression aspect )

There are many OLD topics about 9d, or asking if anyone plays, etc. Instead of bumping one of those i decided to make a topic so I can update it when I want.

Info about the game :

Game story line is based in china
    It's "medieval" style items, for example, swords, sabers, spears, staves, hand and foot, etc. It also has " chi kung" which is akin to being a mage or doing magical damage in other games.
    The game has 6 "clans" not clans like knight online, clans as in el morad or karus. In this there are 3 white side clans, considered to be good, and 3 black side clans considered to be bad. Each clan has its on signature weapon, and depending own your class you choose that defines what weapon you use.

White Side Clans :
    Wu Tang ( Sword )
    Shaolin ( Staff / Daibo ) ( Can only be male characters )
    League Of Beggars ( Drunken Boxing )

Black Side Clans :
    Heavenly Demon ( Saber )
    Sacred Flower ( Can only be female characters )
    Brotherhood Of Thieves ( Axes )

The biggest things about this game that draws me in are:

Every skill in the game has to be leveled up. As you use a skill, it becomes stronger. This alone makes it so that way you can have many of the same character class and each one be completely different in terms of power.

Also, as you level up you get skill points just like knight online and some other games. So you can put them into what you want, unlike knight online there isnt per say a minimum amount of strength you need to wear an item. So you can have 2 people wearing the same armor and weapons yet 1 person is full tank and the other is full glass damage.

The game has an upgrading system CLOSE to knight online. Where you have to go to a certain npc, and upgrade the item there. It's a little different that each different + takes a different "scroll" item to upgrade it, So it's like ko but different.

It has more spots in inventory than knight online does, but less spots in storage. with 3 bags you can carry 75 items. ( not including stacks, )

Cons:

The graphics are definitely dated, but people who play knight online should be okay with an outdated graphics game.
    The population is alot lower than it used to be because the game has had 3 different publishers int he last 7 years. the publisher before the current one ruined the game by letting hacks run rampant ( sound familiar?) But the current publisher seems to be doing a better job.

Harder to create a clan/guild ( they're called hero bands in this game. ) you need to finish a certain set of quests then have 4 people of the same "clan" ( your race basically) to create one. a hero band can only have people of the same clan in it. But like knight online, hero bands can make alliances between eachother, so you could have 3 different hero bands allied, 1 of each clan on your side, whether its white or black.

If anyone would like to give the game a shot you can reply, message me on here, or just download the game!

The website to register and download the game is : 9 Dragons: Best Action MMORPG - Home

I will be updating this topic as i learn more about the game and as I progress through it.
    Last edited by Seventeen 9D; 04-10-2015 at 12:39 PM.

Game play screen shot

My Character Info -

Name : Seventeen
    Clan : Heavenly Demon
    Level : 79
    Class : Phantom Demon ( healer, buffer, hand to hand combat )
    Hero Band : No hero band yet, I've done the quest to make one but you need 5 people. Also would join one.
    Philosophy : Don't be a tool, especially to people who you're playing with.
    Last edited by Seventeen 9D; 04-11-2015 at 05:00 PM.

Bump up my post

Quote Originally Posted by Seventeen 9D View Post
    Bump up my post
    played it long time ago. it's rly not that skill based game, but it was fun.

Seem alright, do you have any more updates related to this one?