Heroes of the Storm

This is a discussion on Heroes of the Storm within the PC Gaming forums, part of the Games category; Anyone playin it?...
Page: 1

Default Heroes of the Storm

Anyone playin it?

yep and i think its way better than LoL

Same been playing it the last couple of days, BTag is JSidd#1605. Wondering why there isn't much hype surrounding it, games fucking sick.

oh there is maybe not here but the game is huge. its was bigger than they expected it to be and its still only in beta. reading the forums theres a big chunck of the LoL community thats bored with LoL switching there. Bliz did a good job with the game.

Banned Member

Wait, wait, what? There's a new MOBA comin' out hot as fuck?
    I gotta check this.

Banned Member

So do I do the beta sign-up and wait for them to send me some kind of download link or something?

Pay $50 for the founders pack and get beta access, or hope they send a key out, which they probably won't. Games free to play on release but it's probs 6 months off yet, get to keep your lvl and any heroes you bought during beta upon full release.

Got to admit, the beta is practically full release, everything works great. It's just class balance, adding new chars and probably some social things like guilds/teams they're working on now. Ranks are up and team league just launched so it's pretty competitive atm.

Banned Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lavie View Post
    Pay $50 for the founders pack and get beta access, or hope they send a key out, which they probably won't. Games free to play on release but it's probs 6 months off yet, get to keep your lvl and any heroes you bought during beta upon full release.

Got to admit, the beta is practically full release, everything works great. It's just class balance, adding new chars and probably some social things like guilds/teams they're working on now. Ranks are up and team league just launched so it's pretty competitive atm.
    I'm actually super excited for this, I was just starting to get tired of League and all it's random problems I've encountered. DotA was the same issue which is why I even played League..
    I probably won't drop the $50 on that and just wait it out honestly because I'm not willing to spend money on a game I've never even played before.
    As I said I am excited and will have to check Youtube vids for this.

Plays out completely different to LoL or DotA, more of an emphasis on teamfights/map objectives than just winning lane (there's no top/mid/bot playstyle as in LoL). Makes it pretty fun when 80% of the game your making big plays for map objectives or in teamfights.

The talents you pick determines your character, rather than items (which don't exist ingame, neither does gold) and your whole team levels together.

Definitely worth playing, will definitely contend with LoL for being one of the biggest esports in the next year or 2.

I saw the gameplay and i am sure i will not gonna play this game...

Quote Originally Posted by siwyswirus View Post
    I saw the gameplay and i am sure i will not gonna play this game...
    You might aswell explain why you don't want to play, this post really isn't contributing to the subject, and really makes no sense.
    On-topic, i was checking out some streams of this game on twitch, and might actually give it a try. Lavie, maybe help me out a bit?