Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Clockwerk Goblin

This is a discussion on Clockwerk Goblin within the PC Gaming forums, part of the Games category; Thoughts? I'm kind of pissed at IceFrog tbh... Why, you ask? Could you make a char any less original? Lets ...
Page: 1

Thoughts?
    I'm kind of pissed at IceFrog tbh...
    Why, you ask?
    Could you make a char any less original?
    Lets take a look at Clockwerk.

Skill 1 - Battery - 20/40/60/80 damage every 0.75 seconds to a random unit near Clockwerk. Lasts 15 seconds
    [ Leshrac's Diabolic Edict // Luna's ult ripoff ]

Skill 2 - Flare - 50/100/150/200 damage anywhere on the map
    [ Tinker's rocket, but it gives sight so I guess it's a LITTLE more original ]

Skill 3 - Cogs - Don't want to explain it :P
    [ Ripoff of Pudges ult, Rhastas shackles, Pitlords stun etc. except it's a different animation and you can trap more than one unit ]

Skill 4 - Ultimate - Hook - Well, it's pudges hook except you go to them instead of them coming to you, and there's a stun involved

And on top of it all, "Clockwerk Goblin" is RIGHT out of Campaign WC3.
    All he did was change the skills a bit, and throw him in.

The characters just keep getting less and less original (Pit Lord? what the fuck?)
    I've been playing DotA since about 5.34, and Icefrog is now ruining DotA, one map at a time, if you ask me.
    Thoughts?

these chars aren't created from IceFrog, it went through hero guides, and voted based on admins / players.

and heros should be based on WC3 models and the skills too, all IceFrog did was put everything together.

new patches and new hero only refreshs dota, it won't have any impact on it tbh.

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

cg is quite abusive at least for early game, i had a hard time on lion in mid against cg and zeus

cg is quite abusive at least for early game, i had a hard time on lion in mid against cg and zeus[/b]
    Lion would propably struggle more against zeus solo h34r:

OT: Clockwerk is so retarded it's not funny. Totally unoriginal skills and although they have a good synergy hes too imba atm. The model is bad, the unit sounds are bad.

Tristan

He's a gg hero, pretty imba in early game.

Cry more please...
    It's just like with Puck, ppl cried their eyes dry but now everyones quiet.
    Guess it's just the normal way things go whenever a hero is released.
    This hero is open for creativity with items so I like it..
    About the skills, ill quote u:

"Skill 1 - Battery - 20/40/60/80 damage every 0.75 seconds to a random unit near Clockwerk. Lasts 15 seconds
    [ Leshrac's Diabolic Edict // Luna's ult ripoff ]"

Kinda looks like Lesh diabolic edict but most skills have a skill that looks alike.

Skill 2 - Flare - 50/100/150/200 damage anywhere on the map
    [ Tinker's rocket, but it gives sight so I guess it's a LITTLE more original ]

How can you compare an aoe nuke which is targettable anywhere on the map and grants sight to Tinkers rocket? Are you really stupid? Oh they are both rockets so omfg tinker ripoff...? :/

Skill 3 - Cogs - Don't want to explain it tongue.gif
    [ Ripoff of Pudges ult, Rhastas shackles, Pitlords stun etc. except it's a different animation and you can trap more than one unit ]

It's not anywhere close to Pudges ulti, Rhastas shackle bla bla. How is it close to rhasta's shackle and pitlords stun anyway? Wow they are both ways to hold an opponent, RIPOFF.
    Bullshit..

Skill 4 - Ultimate - Hook - Well, it's pudges hook except you go to them instead of them coming to you, and there's a stun involved

So not the same..

It's a shame ppl have to cry everytime a new hero comes out instead of being glad and having some new gameplay and innovation in the game.

People cried over puck for a reason. Afterwards he got heavinly nerfed and is still powerfull (1st pick quality)

He was nerfed but not alot. He sucks lategame so I still think it's bs whining

Puck was OVER POWER, the first time I used him in TDA i went 7-0 with boot / 2 bracers / and a bottle

I was like, wtf this guy gain so much INT per level, so mana is not an issue, and all his skills sync with each other. What an imbalance hero, basically dagger at lvl 1, and both of his skills can wipe out a whole lane of creeps, which made him a great farmer, so he can keep up with other heros late game. On top of that, his casting animation was great unlike some other int heros.

Later that week, Puck got nerfed heavily, due to his INT gain per lvl, and he starts with lower INT as well. Yet he is still a great hero.

as of this hero, no comment, only played him once in single player mode cuz my internet was having issuesm but I can see how all his skills sync with each other as well. Best 1v1 hero, although can be easily counter and ineffective in serious league play

Mana still isn't an issue for Puck, he is the pwn.: O

Mana still isn't an issue for Puck, he is the pwn.: O[/b]
    it is now, without void stone or bottle (with rune control), he isn't as effective as he was when he was first announced.

it is now, without void stone or bottle (with rune control), he isn't as effective as he was when he was first announced.[/b]
    Less effective but still haven't had ANY mana problems with Puck ever, even without any regen.

yup, thats why it is over-power before, he was not an item based hero. When a hero is not item based, more than likely he is imbalance.

I dont see how Clockwerk Globin can be used in intensive game play though

i dont think he's imba at all if he is gankign with one or 2 more then yes very dangerous but 1v1 he gets raped easely but a lto of agilities ion early lvls

HE still isn't item based.. :/

Anyway I think he's imbalanced if you have the skills, but that's a good thing since it improves the individual hero skill instead of only teamplay. Fb is easy, rune control with rockets (1 invis usually means kill) and u own. I think u deserve to be imba if you are that good..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast