No Man's Sky

This is a discussion on No Man's Sky within the PC Gaming forums, part of the Games category; Anyone interested in this game? Looks promising but no news on PvP is a red flag......... http://www.techtimes.com/articles/12...on-planets.htm...
Page: 1

iTzBryan Senior Member

Default No Man's Sky

Anyone interested in this game? Looks promising but no news on PvP is a red flag.........

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/12...on-planets.htm

www.professionalko.com Senior Member nickos3's Avatar

I'm not quite sure about what kind of PvP you're looking for. You'll be able to kill & destroy the robots which secure the planets, plus the space-stations and the other explorers(-players).

It's the most anticipated game ever (for me -- for obvious reasons). At the end it might turn out as a boring game but, we gotta find it out soon.

It's most likely gonna be shit. It has a premise that sounds like something you would want, but once you start playing you realize all you actually wanted was a top-down game where you collect dots while ghosts are chasing you. I think they have a great idea, but from what I understood, they have no story or goal in the game. Without a goal or a story, people are just going to get bored immediately and we'll see a similar shit storm as with Fallout 4.

www.professionalko.com Senior Member nickos3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    It's most likely gonna be shit. It has a premise that sounds like something you would want, but once you start playing you realize all you actually wanted was a top-down game where you collect dots while ghosts are chasing you. I think they have a great idea, but from what I understood, they have no story or goal in the game. Without a goal or a story, people are just going to get bored immediately and we'll see a similar shit storm as with Fallout 4.
    It's the players who are going to set their own goals in this game. Wanna explore ? wanna kill enemies ? wanna destroy planets ? wanna farm ? At the moment it looks like all in one game with all that crafting, shooting, farming and more.

There are people playing a game called Minecraft because they're free to do w/e they want. Comparing minecraft with no man's sky ? I believe that in Minecraft you feel limited.

Quote Originally Posted by nickos3 View Post
    It's the players who are going to set their own goals in this game. Wanna explore ? wanna kill enemies ? wanna destroy planets ? wanna farm ? At the moment it looks like all in one game with all that crafting, shooting, farming and more.

There are people playing a game called Minecraft because they're free to do w/e they want. Comparing minecraft with no man's sky ? I believe that in Minecraft you feel limited.
    Minecraft is a completely different story due to it's rather unique way of building. I'm pretty sure the building in the game is the reason why anybody plays it, another reason being that it's very kid friendly and simple. I don't think No Man's Sky is going to be simple, nor do I believe it's going to be succesful. It looks pretty much like a cheap version of Star Citizen and I don't think Star Citizen is going to be anything incredible either. They both just seem like very short lived and I don't see anybody playing them for an excessive period of time and still finding something new and exciting to do.

No Man's Sky for PlayStation 4 Reviews - Metacritic

Granted, it's the PS4 version, but still most of the reviews are like I anticipated.

Game faded faster than Street Fighter V for me, and me and fighting games go hand in hand. Wait for it to drop from 60 or wait for it to be worth 60. New planet, explore planet until inventory is filled, sell inventory. I understand they are very small team. I'll revisit this game in the future.

More like no guy buy -dunkey

iTzBryan Senior Member

Yeah from what I understand there is a lot to be desired. Premise is good but IMO all these resources should be put into tangibility even when you're not there. They say people can tell that someone "left a mark"on a planet they've visited... How about a base where you like mine or refine resources and you can construct robots to do it for you and defenses to try to protect it while you're offline... Collaboration with a small group or alliance... Idk. The idea of solo gameplay in the "universe" makes it a pretty dull and lonely experience that would get old quickly.

I'm interested to see what direction they take the game in the future. With all the sales at the beginning they certainly have the capacity to fund a major update and new content. Will definitely keep my eyes on this game.

Quote Originally Posted by itzbryan View Post
    Yeah from what I understand there is a lot to be desired. Premise is good but IMO all these resources should be put into tangibility even when you're not there. They say people can tell that someone "left a mark"on a planet they've visited... How about a base where you like mine or refine resources and you can construct robots to do it for you and defenses to try to protect it while you're offline... Collaboration with a small group or alliance... Idk. The idea of solo gameplay in the "universe" makes it a pretty dull and lonely experience that would get old quickly.

I'm interested to see what direction they take the game in the future. With all the sales at the beginning they certainly have the capacity to fund a major update and new content. Will definitely keep my eyes on this game.
    The problem is that people are always enthralled about freedom to do stuff without purpose, but they never stop to think how pointless that will feel. Also, people had way too high expectations for this game. The premise was exactly like the game is right now, but for some reason people didn't realize it was going to be boring lol.