Recruiting For Guild Wars 2!

This is a discussion on Recruiting For Guild Wars 2! within the PC Gaming forums, part of the Games category; I've hopped back into an alternative to ko since I have a lot of free time to spend. If anyone ...
Page: 1

---The Ballista Senior Member NuclearWinter's Avatar

Default Recruiting For Guild Wars 2!

I've hopped back into an alternative to ko since I have a lot of free time to spend. If anyone has played it before or has thought about playing it and wants to hop in let me know and we could play together!

__________________________________________________ ______________
    The base game is free with limitations and buying either expansion gives you the core member stuff as well : https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us...e-Core-HoT-PoF

You can get both expansions+core game for $50 currently.
    __________________________________________________ ______________

Why I like this game :

1) It has a World v World pvp system where your server fights 2 other servers at a time. You fight eachother in small groups, very large groups, and you capture landmarks held by npcs to gain your server points. While it's not exactly like ko by any means, it isn;t the small scale arena type of pvp that a lot of games have. ( It does have a small scale 5v5 pvp zone also for those who wanna do that )

2) There are MANY different classes / trait lines in the game, each class has several different types of weapons they can use, and each weapon you equip gives your class different skills available. On top of that if you have the expansions each class has 2 different "elite" specs they can use, which open up a new weapon for that class, and change how the class can be played. Some of these are minor changes and some fundamentally change how the class is played altogether!

3) There is no gear creep in this game, after getting maximum level you can get WvW ready gear in just a couple of days, no getting 1 shot by people who spent thousands of dollars on gear.

4) There is a TON of customizable "costumes" to change how your items look so you can be completely different looking than people who play the same class as you. No more everyone looking exactly the same.

5) making money in the game is as simple as playing the game, you can make gold by pvping, by just pve'ing in the open world, by playing WvW, or by doing events in different zones. You're not stuck grinding aoc for hours every day.

__________________________________________________ ___
    If you're interested at this point, shoot me a message on here, or add me on discord ( preferably ) and we can talk about playing together! I'd be wanting to create our own guild.

Discord contact : GloStix#3396 ( the G and S must be capital )

Last edited by NuclearWinter; 02-06-2018 at 10:56 PM.

Amuse me Moderator

Still playing, it's a good game but the balance issues have persisted for years now.

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    Still playing, it's a good game but the balance issues have persisted for years now.
    mhm, theres a few things like too much " projectile" blocking for my liking, but compared to what else is out there i like it pretty well. I have about 2,300 hours on my main account, but i haven't played it for quite some time until recently.

Amuse me Moderator

lol do you main a pewpew ranger or what?

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    lol do you main a pewpew ranger or what?
    i don't have a main anymore, im relearning the game and the specs. i mained LB dragonhunter before PoF came out.

still play off and on if anyone else is playing

Amuse me Moderator

Last patch was good balance-wise, definitely a step in the right direction.