Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree5Likes

What are the difference between LoL and DoTA?

This is a discussion on What are the difference between LoL and DoTA? within the PC Gaming forums, part of the Games category; whats MOBA mean :P ?...
Page: 3

whats MOBA mean :P ?

Banned

LoL sucks massive cock compared to Dota.
    Plain and simple.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FiascoReturns View Post
    whats MOBA mean :P ?
    Multiplayer Online Battle Arena.........

I was huge into Dota it is more skilled as you can deny creeps and really fuck up your opponents farm and level as to LoL, which I feel is better graphics better gameplay and easier to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by NYchris View Post
    I was huge into Dota it is more skilled as you can deny creeps and really fuck up your opponents farm and level as to LoL, which I feel is better graphics better gameplay and easier to watch.
    lool

lklkkl

Dota 2 is more complex game then LoL. That is the main diference. If u lack of skill play LoL

You might laugh jonko but that is why lol is way more popular. Not to mention the prize pools have reached over a million for lol for dota they are a joke. Dota always had a problem with dragging out games and denying was the main culprit lol came in took out that problem and blew up as it is almost always the most watched game on twitch.tv

Well I'm not a MOBA player really but I've been told that LoL and DOTA isn't that far from each other.Seems like LoL has more players on monthly basis so if I will ever try any kind of MOBA I will probably go for LoL.Dota seems to be nice as well but rumours says that Dota is easier than LoL..I guess LoL is more for hardcore players or so

Dota is not easier than LOL in anyway...Dota is more skilled actually but LoL is just a better made game and attracts more players. The item building in LOL is easy to figure out and in dota it is more complicated not to mention laning phases denying creeps which can set you back a lot.

Same as Jammin i started playing DotA when i was like 13 years old; i got used to deny , creep ,loosing money after dying , and so on , right after i tried LoL(wich was like 3 months ago) i found it quite easier to LEARN , but game wise was different , i mean even supports on LoL can do a decent damage on a late game , unlike dota , even if you've got the best gear you'd still doing an average damage (280-350?) ,while in LoL the AP stuff makes diff , and raids are way faster.

I think the only thing that DotA misses is more damage on their towers , on late game you can outtank towers easly , while in LoL you cannot; people cant just compare DotA and LoL , though i agree that LoL is for casual players .

Banned Regular Member

All I surmised from this thread is that only 1 guy actually gave an objective opinion and explained it, almost everyone just said " dota is better its harder...". IMO I hate the graphics in dota, LOL are not much better, maybe by a tiny bit? just a different style of art. I didn't like how long it seems to take to do anything in dota. and to everyone saying denying creeps blah blah, LoL used to have a champion who could deny creeps, and they removed it. Denying creeps leads to the game being slower. Instead of denying creeps in lol you zone your opponent out effectively denying farm. which ends up being the same thing? so why even mention it. one thing I can say is both Doat2 and LoL are better than bloodline champions go try that game, then come back and say how bad it is.

Dota is for hardcore players.
    many kids <15 y.o playing LoL.

not really a definitive post here..but..
    i play and watch lol.. i only watch dota2...
    definitely easier to watch a lol game.. but dota looks more complex by far imo.. doesnt mean its more difficult to play though.
    just that it takes longer to learn the intricacies if your looking to ranked and do well.
    so many moronic people ranked in lol, and they're not just 13-16 yr olds.. its very frustrating. not sure if its the same in dota2 but most likely is.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123