Would anyone be so kind to help a newbie?

This is a discussion on Would anyone be so kind to help a newbie? within the PC Gaming forums, part of the Games category; I'm new to dota, Only played 2 maps thus far - And after a series of people getting pissed at ...
Page: 1

I'm new to dota, Only played 2 maps thus far - And after a series of people getting pissed at me for doing shit wrong, even though I have no clue WHAT I am doing wrong I was wondering if anyone could help me out on how to be at least a good player of this game, I rather like it.

u have to learn to take creep with the last hit, dont die too much, dont get dmg from enemies and watch some videos on youtube like '' how to dota vol.1'' to vol.4 i think and some newbie vids,
    Good Luck and have fun

Like above, learn to last hit. Just press ALT or get a script to hold it down for you. This way you can see the HP bars and then just wait for the creeps to get into red hp and take the last hit. Also learn about tower dmg (For example a ranged creep can take 2 hits and die to the 3rd tower hit, with your base dmg in the beginning you have to attack it twice after the 2 tower attacks to get the last hit. (Hit the creep once, let the tower hit twice and then hit once more)

Even more important is to play more and more, and learn about the different skills/mana costs and cooldowns of all heros.

Try using ranged heros at first, easier to survive in the beginning.

or u could get AI map and paly vs computer bots .... yeah and learn how to ks

burningZero

noobie go to msn

4Nikes

noobie go to msn [/b]
    huh ? newb will tach a newb tt

iiason

errmm....play against boots.

if u have any questions, just bump me on msn. on wat items to get for wat hero. so on.

4Nikes

yeh then go ggclient - > www.gg-game.com and dont go on bn

burningZero

huh ? newb will tach a newb tt[/b]

hmm...I smell PUSSY ...

Is that you earl? i smell pussy... Is that you tod?

I smell polands pussy, is that you 4Nikes?

4Nikes

do u wanna play a game against me ?

burningZero

do u wanna play a game against me ?[/b]

anytime

first of all... learn what skill with each hero to use and when, no need to be best farmer at the start of your dota career (dont bother with lasthitting first few weeks, use autoattack when you need to focus on your enemies and minimap) you also need to learn about ruins and teamplay first, imho DOTA map is the most teamplay game ever made, always care about your allies and try to use your hero's skills in a good way, find friends asap bcoz it is really what you need!

p.s: be carefull... it is really addictive game, more than KO for me