HELP!

This is a discussion on HELP! within the Diez forums, part of the Market Place category; i know ppl mostly sell on here, but maybe there are a few knowladgeable ppl here that can help me. ...
Page: 1

agendas

i know ppl mostly sell on here, but maybe there are a few knowladgeable ppl here that can help me. when i lcickstart on launcher, it closes launcher and x crap doesnt even run, nor does ko open. my avg said i have trojan virus file as knightonline.exe in my program file folder. anyone know cure for this? its come to my attention that its a turkish hack w/ keylogging, and i rely need help on being able to run x crap and log into game. any help is much apperciated.

~~ jordan23jumps / DURKA / DURKA2

agendas

bump for me :/ cant get online

kutulus

keep trying

agendas

zzz, i did, and x crap doesnt even load. its a turkish virus, and im nervous :/

kutulus

well looks like you need to reformat and re-install KO

i know ppl mostly sell on here, but maybe there are a few knowladgeable ppl here that can help me. when i lcickstart on launcher, it closes launcher and x crap doesnt even run, nor does ko open. my avg said i have trojan virus file as knightonline.exe in my program file folder. anyone know cure for this? its come to my attention that its a turkish hack w/ keylogging, and i rely need help on being able to run x crap and log into game. any help is much apperciated.

~~ jordan23jumps / DURKA / DURKA2[/b]

One of your Anti Virus programs found the trojan that ko put in their recent patch (probably AVI). It has taken out your KO exe and you cannot open ko. So, you can try to go into your antivirus program and see if you can "put it back" but more likely than not, it still will not work. The best thing to do, is to uninstall KO and then reinstall. A pain in the arse but it will work - by the way, you need to then tell your antivirus program not to take the file out again or you will be right back where you started. If you can't get it to not search KO, then you can turn the anti virus off, or uninstall it too.

Hope that helps...

agendas

a bit, i did reinstall, but u knew exactly wut happened :P im gonna wait til patch tonight and hope ko does sumthin, then get all my patches tomorrow

aly215

~~ jordan23jumps / DURKA / DURKA2[/b]
    AVG Control Center->Resident Shield->Properties->Take out the tick from "Turn on AVG Resident Shield Protection"
    Download the 1479 path

I've copy this from one of teh post in tech support...hope it'll help

I dont think its anything wrong with ko, avg and other virus protection mistaking knightonline.exe as a virus
    but they said ko will contact major virus company to fix this problem.

AVG Control Center->Resident Shield->Properties->Take out the tick from "Turn on AVG Resident Shield Protection"
    Download the 1479 path

I've copy this from one of teh post in tech support...hope it'll help

I dont think its anything wrong with ko, avg and other virus protection mistaking knightonline.exe as a virus
    but they said ko will contact major virus company to fix this problem.[/b]

You can just quote from ko main site:

Subject: Virus Detection False Positives

Hello Knight Online Players,

Many people are concerned about certain anti-virus programs detecting a Trojan Virus in the Knight Online executable that is packed in the latest patches from K2 Network. Our Quality Assurance department has installed these anti-virus programs, scanned the Knight Online files and determined these reports to be false positives. We will be contacting the larger anti-virus companies to update their databases to remove these false positives. Rest assured that the files that are distributed by K2 Network do not contain viruses or other harmful files. Thank you for your continued support of Knight Online!

- The Knight Online Team