Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

10 minutes into New Year 2009...

This is a discussion on 10 minutes into New Year 2009... within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Are you so ignorant of others cultures and areas that for example, what happens in Serbia, isn't necessarily what happens ...
Page: 6

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Are you so ignorant of others cultures and areas that for example, what happens in Serbia, isn't necessarily what happens everywhere else in the world? If the top day for weddings is not New Years Day somewhere else (as it often isn't), does that make any alternative day or days somehow less meaningful/enjoyable? If someone prefers Chinese New Year to Jan 1st, does that make them somehow weird to you? How about the way people in the Vatican spend New years at Mass? Or that some regions choose other holidays/dates of the year to be much more important to special to them. Never mind individuals and what they themselves prefer, or how past experiences on this specific holiday or others may affect their perception of the day this time around. Or that perhaps this year, someone simply might have celebrated it a bit differently then you.

Every post of yours in this thread has only been from your own specific inward point of view, ignoring the possibility of others as being of equal merit. Being it's a New Year, and these seem to mean so much to you, you might attempt to use this year to start expanding your mind a bit: to realize that what is important to you or your area may not be quite so important or special to others in a similar fashion. Days like this are likely to have different grades of importance ranging from highly important to totally indifferent depending on each person you meet, and each area you go, even in places where it is celebrated as a holiday of importance, or recognized as truly "the first day of the year" at all.

Not sure why weird is being bandied around as a dirty word anyway. Without weird we would all be mindless robots following each other exactly. There would be no creativity, no advances, no changes by mankind's impetus at all, only from things totally outside of our control. There would also be one less Iron Neck in KO. I say thank God for weirdness.[/b]
    I didn't say anything about living in Serbia, I live in Canada. So when I said that I'm basically looking at the western civilization and the European civilization. I am quite sure more then 90% of these forums consist of people that live in North America/Europe... and therefore I am simply stating what the society does in both these ends of the world. For a fact, I know Europeans over seas celebrate this as a big event, but if you are looking it from the North American point of view, even Chinese and Jewish people, who celebrate Chinese New Years and Honika more then the 31dec., go out on new years eve to hang out with friends. See the thing about North America, talking more specifically Canada/USA, is that its population consists of many different races/cultures, so therefore YES there is alot of traditions that each of the cultures believe in, but there are some common events that everyone celebrates. For example, I am a Serbian living in Canada, and we have this tradition of what is called a "slava" which lasts 3 days and it's basically a big holiday for us where we call upon tons of families to come celebrate it with us... if I were to ask someone here if they knew of this event, they would probably say no. The point is that you continue your yearly traditions of your culture without having other people noticing it, so therefore it's not as "big" of an event as new years eve is, which is celebrated through-out most of the world. Take another example, Orthodox which consists of the southern Europe and Russia, we don't celebrate Christmas on the 24th of December, we celebrate it on the 7th of January, but even though we at least pretend to celebrate and enjoy the holiday along with other people that do celebrate. This is another reason why our Orthodox Christmas on the 7th of January doesn't feel anything "special", because it simply is not celebrated world wide like the new year is.

As for you word "wierd", I see you are practically defining it as chaos. Well if it wasn't for "wierd" we wouldn't be living in such a world as this, where the list of bad things would go for days if I started writing it up today, such as poverty, starvation and such.

When you become an adult you will understand, maybe. Honestly I could give a shit about NYE, why is that any of your business? It's not kid. It doesn't make any difference who celebrates what. And honestly ppl who stayed home on new years are probably alot smarter. I know I woke up feeling great in the morning and not killed by a fucking drunk driver. BTW not everyone in this world drinks, NYE is largely a drinkers celebration, alot of sober people opt to stay home and safe.. You gonna call someone a loser cuz they don't drink??

I don't blame you for your attitude, it only displays your age. But maybe you can learn something.[/b]
    I am an adult, and no it's none of my business that you don't care about New Years Eve. And well I can prove to you for a fact that people that stayed home aren't smarter. How about you, since you are such a big adult, what kind of a job do you have? I mean alright sure if you name something that earns you tons of money, then I would think of you as a smart person and would start taking this topic a different overview. Now I'll introduce how "smart" I am. I am a biomedical major at York University in Toronto, Canada with a 90% average... says enough doesn't it? I will wait your answer on this one to further reply and state the rest of thoughts.

As for your drinking story, no I am not a drunk, but I do drink. I'm not like these Canadians (mostly) that I see going over the limit where they start puking and having to lay on the floor for the rest of the night, I know my limit unlike others and most the time don't even go to the point of getting typsy. Unfourtanetly, yes on this New Years Eve, I did go to the point of getting typsy, but it wore off half an hour later, so it wasn't a big deal.

I don't see where it particularly states that New Years Eve is a celebration of alcohol addicts. I simply said from the start that this is a celebration of where friends/family get together to celebrate it. See this is the point where I can't judge others, is the way they celebrate. But pay specific attention to the word "celebrate", meaning that playing KO isn't a way of "celebrating" New Years Eve, spending time with your girlfriend, going out clubbing, meeting up with a couple of friends for a nice dinner etc etc is the way.

I am an adult, and no it's none of my business that you don't care about New Years Eve. And well I can prove to you for a fact that people that stayed home aren't smarter. How about you, since you are such a big adult, what kind of a job do you have? I mean alright sure if you name something that earns you tons of money, then I would think of you as a smart person and would start taking this topic a different overview. Now I'll introduce how "smart" I am. I am a biomedical major at York University in Toronto, Canada with a 90% average... says enough doesn't it? I will wait your answer on this one to further reply and state the rest of thoughts.[/b]
    Not that it matters but I blow glass for a living. Does it take alot of intelligence to do? Not really, but it sure requires alot of talent. It's not the best job in the world but it's good money and I love doing it. Besides that I have a completely flexible work schedule.

As for your schooling. I know plenty of ignorant people who can read a book well.

As for your drinking story, no I am not a drunk, but I do drink. I'm not like these Canadians (mostly) that I see going over the limit where they start puking and having to lay on the floor for the rest of the night, I know my limit unlike others and most the time don't even go to the point of getting typsy.
    [/b]
    Ya same here, but I don't see anything relative about this statement.

I don't see where it particularly states that New Years Eve is a celebration of alcohol addicts.[/b]
    Never said anything about addicts but it is a holiday WIDELY known to be celebrated by drinking. I mean come on you telling me you don't know that???

I simply said from the start that this is a celebration of where friends/family get together to celebrate it. See this is the point where I can't judge others, is the way they celebrate. But pay specific attention to the word "celebrate", meaning that playing KO isn't a way of "celebrating" New Years Eve, spending time with your girlfriend, going out clubbing, meeting up with a couple of friends for a nice dinner etc etc is the way.[/b]
    FOR YOU. That's the ignorance you can't get past.. Not everyone gives a fuck that it is even New Years Eve and cares about celebrating! AND there's nothing wrong with that... BUT you started off this topic flaming Rad who DID celebrate just because he got on ko too soon after midnight? Seriously read what your writing here you look like an idiot.

Maybe your legally considered an adult by age. But, let me know when you experience some life away from mommy and school maybe you will understand.

oO Jc Oo

nice stuff

but sad that u played ko on new years instead of going and parttyyyyinnnggg[/b]

100% agree on that

People need to get along with eachother.

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Not that it matters but I blow glass for a living. Does it take alot of intelligence to do? Not really, but it sure requires alot of talent. It's not the best job in the world but it's good money and I love doing it. Besides that I have a completely flexible work schedule.

As for your schooling. I know plenty of ignorant people who can read a book well.

Ya same here, but I don't see anything relative about this statement.
    Never said anything about addicts but it is a holiday WIDELY known to be celebrated by drinking. I mean come on you telling me you don't know that???
    FOR YOU. That's the ignorance you can't get past.. Not everyone gives a fuck that it is even New Years Eve and cares about celebrating! AND there's nothing wrong with that... BUT you started off this topic flaming Rad who DID celebrate just because he got on ko too soon after midnight? Seriously read what your writing here you look like an idiot.

Maybe your legally considered an adult by age. But, let me know when you experience some life away from mommy and school maybe you will understand.[/b]
    Blow glass? Sounds interesting. Sure, New Years Eve is pretty well known to its drinking, it is the time of the year where I guess most people would consume more liquor then usual... but it's not like you are forced to drink, you have the choice of saying no to any of the drinking if you like. If you know how to enjoy yourself, you don't need liquor to make things more "enjoyable".

I know for a fact that a big percentage of the world knows how to read, but the question is, do you know how to put the text into good use? People start off university, all thinking they are smart because they got accepted, because they can "read", but not all are hard-working which is the number thing you need to succeed in university, and not all are naturally smart to simply memorize texts and put all the knowledge to good use later on life. This is why when you see a doctor, or you see a lawyer, then you actually realize that this person has something that you didn't, I'll leave that for you to find out.

I started the first post, not really flaming, but saying it like a no-lifer in a funny way, but when he mentioned he was with his girlfriend, I found it totally understandable... But I guess idiots can't read properly, and only get excited to the parts of the post where the most harsh words come to sight.

I don't need to know how to live a life yet independently since I don't blow glass. I am planning on living at my parents place till probably the end of my university years, which would be till 26, since biomedical and medical school is a total of 8 years of studying. So this is the only part of the conversation where you can feel big about yourself, you have an independent life and are living it just fine, but don't forget, you blow glass for a living.

From the beginning Senior Member EG4L's Avatar

nik you blow dick lol <3

this has gone so far offtopic!

this is exactly what i&#39;m saying too you dum dum, read again.. I&#39;m saying im sick of all the people of ko4life saying &#39;omg no life&#39; and saying that people come here to talk about games and if it makes them happy then so be it, sheez.[/b]
    oh ya i agree to that

yah ok ok.. play ko into new year is realy nice

nutsackatak1

yah ok ok.. play ko into new year is realy nice

[/b]
    I&#39;d rather have an Iron Belt than watch some fireworks. I&#39;d rather have an Iron belt then even a new years kiss. Even a new years blowjob. Cuz when you look at the going rate for Iron belts its about 250 bucks and a blowjob is like 20 bucks and a kiss is like what 2? And if you have sex with her well that could probably be like a hundred and what do you know the Iron belt is still worth more

From the beginning Senior Member EG4L's Avatar

I&#39;d rather have an Iron Belt than watch some fireworks. I&#39;d rather have an Iron belt then even a new years kiss. Even a new years blowjob. Cuz when you look at the going rate for Iron belts its about 250 bucks and a blowjob is like 20 bucks and a kiss is like what 2? And if you have sex with her well that could probably be like a hundred and what do you know the Iron belt is still worth more [/b]
    If your serious then gtfo your computer. Theres &#39;alrite i can deal with people enjoying games&#39; and theres &#39;too far&#39; and you my friend, went too far.

I&#39;d rather have an Iron Belt than watch some fireworks. I&#39;d rather have an Iron belt then even a new years kiss. Even a new years blowjob. Cuz when you look at the going rate for Iron belts its about 250 bucks and a blowjob is like 20 bucks and a kiss is like what 2? And if you have sex with her well that could probably be like a hundred and what do you know the Iron belt is still worth more [/b]
    That has to be the saddest reply I saw on this forum lol.

These responses to this topic are fucking hilarious. It really shows how stupid some of you are lol.

AmericanWarrior

lol Still Laughing at this lol

lolllllllllllll ahHAHAHAhAhAhA serius?? u have to pay for that???

u SADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

nutsackatak1

lolllllllllllll ahHAHAHAhAhAhA serius?? u have to pay for that???

u SADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD[/b]
    thats the going rate on the streets brotha, I haven&#39;t gotten a beej or had sex yet xD

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast