Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

100% New Dupe out...

This is a discussion on 100% New Dupe out... within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I intended not to post again but you continue to respond which makes sense, as I last responded to you. ...
Page: 7

I intended not to post again but you continue to respond which makes sense, as I last responded to you.

Let us therefore agree to disagree, perhaps when you are a bit more knowledgable and willing to see outside your own viewpoint (ie: others don't assume you are telling the truth because you say so), you will understand the difference between what is obviously true to you, and what is needed to convince others in a public setting. Regardless of your claims, postings of this thread were taken into consideration, quoted in points, and more or less clearly pointed out by myself and to some degree by others: that though you claim to have contacts who provided you with specific information, and have heard or overseen things happening, nothing was actually presented here to back up this claim above what is in fact hearsay on your part. You can claim up and down that you are responsible and your words should be taken seriously, it does not prove a thing. It also would not include evidence after I made each of my points, that would only be you answering mine and others request to provide evidence, as we requested. For people who read this curiously, and wanted something to show this is more then just a story, that they should have drawn your ire with such request is strange in my opinion, as it is a sensible request.

I find it humorous that your consider me "using vague opinion", "over exaggerating ", "not looking or taking into consideration the entire post" because I pointed the above out to you. If I missed evidence you pointed out when I originally posted what I did, please show me and I will admit that I did not take consideration the entire post till that point and well after. Evidence does not include a certain turkish person you knew for 3 years and told you this which is unamed, a duper running around merching everything at half price over and over with no frap or name listed, that your friend had an item wiped and so it must have been a duper, or anything else of second hand nature. All of these were assertions on your part, nothing more. Which once again does not hold up to public scrutiny. It is striking to me that in my choosing to point this out to you, you found this logic faulty.

My claim was not that you were lying, untrustworthy, or otherwise malicious in your intent, or even that there is no dupe process going on in your servor or others. You may be fully aware that this is infact going on. I and some others simply wanted substantiation. You chose to take exception for me pointing out the lack thereof, verywell.

If I offended you my apologies. I neither know you and suppose we have wasted both our times here posting back and forth. I would however suggest one more thing. That you look up the definition of the word moronic, which is defined as an especially stupid person. Or psychologically: of mild mental retardation, that of a 7 to 12 year old child. If you wish to disagree with my points feel free to do so. If you wish to use vulgarities to strengthen your points, than so be it as well.[/b]
    Actually there are 2 definitions and you chose, once again, to show only how things could be your view:

–noun
    1. a person who is notably stupid or lacking in good judgment.
    2. Psychology. a person of borderline intelligence in a former classification of mental retardation, having an intelligence quotient of 50 to 69.

You assumed I was using the later, and you assumed that what I was saying was false because you require some sort of impossible tangible evidence that is nearly impossible to supply.

The first one was where I placed you with your comments. Why? Because the greater good dictates that one should help not just oneself in life but the good of the many. I feel that passing this information along to the rest of the community was necessary, does it help me? Do I gain financially or am I rewarded in some selfish manner? No. But I do feel that people, not you of course, but others, might appreciate it so they don't get burned. To not believe it is anyones prerogative, but pardon me if I then come to the conclusion that you may be "lacking in good judgment" or possibly just stupid. Vulgarity? Hardly.

LookAtMySS

for ppl who still doesnt noticed dupe is open by k2 when price down too much they open dupe for turk so they can keep usko server price hight just look when does the last dupe got open it was when wp was in merchant for like 6gb

Banned

Btw I never said this wasn't happening, or was happening for that matter. Nor did I say tez that you don't personally trust this guy's opinion. I am done with this thread as my simple point that it would be nice to see evidence for what could be of major implicationa for people playing this game are apparently unneeded for many.

good job showing your maturity rad with the moron comment when someone mentioned you hadn't supported your claims with any evidence.[/b]
    i know but in all reality its hard to give solid evidence of this case since the only real way to go about it proof would be a trusted person to come here and say he bought a duped item and it was wiped

you cant actually show proof of a duped item as we dont see the code or tag associated with it and the duplicate id somewhere else out there

only a gm can see the ids for items and can check to see if a said item has a duplicate item

you see my point

bottom line is that if someone comes here claiming a dupe and gives you a few examples of either friends or seeing shady things in merchant i would prob take his word on it as he is simply informing you to beware and make sure you dont get a duped item yourself cause you were just plain "unaware"

and i dont know him or you and i always just state the facts and dont take side but i think his moronic comment for his mind set at the time was just as you and a few others are flaming him and second guessing his warning to the public

i think anyone in his situation would have prob gotten frustated with the flamers...he did refrain for some time from any name calling so again the fact that he finally was pushed to the point he has to call you moronic would be forgivable in this case....i think you would have done the same and it doesnt make me think he is any less mature....just makes me think he is human and has his limits and can blow his temper

anyways there is a dupe out and its been confirmed by many so no need to keep trying to prove either right....there is no "agree to disagree" plain fact HE WAS RIGHT

Banned

i know but in all reality its hard to give solid evidence of this case since the only real way to go about it proof would be a trusted person to come here and say he bought a duped item and it was wiped

you cant actually show proof of a duped item as we dont see the code or tag associated with it and the duplicate id somewhere else out there

only a gm can see the ids for items and can check to see if a said item has a duplicate item

you see my point

bottom line is that if someone comes here claiming a dupe and gives you a few examples of either friends or seeing shady things in merchant i would prob take his word on it as he is simply informing you to beware and make sure you dont get a duped item yourself cause you were just plain "unaware"

and i dont know him or you and i always just state the facts and dont take side but i think his moronic comment for his mind set at the time was just as you and a few others are flaming him and second guessing his warning to the public

i think anyone in his situation would have prob gotten frustated with the flamers...he did refrain for some time from any name calling so again the fact that he finally was pushed to the point he has to call you moronic would be forgivable in this case....i think you would have done the same and it doesnt make me think he is any less mature....just makes me think he is human and has his limits and can blow his temper

anyways there is a dupe out and its been confirmed by many so no need to keep trying to prove either right....there is no "agree to disagree" plain fact HE WAS RIGHT[/b]
    I used to claim dupe was back just so I could buy items cheaper for USD. I had my friends back me up. A lot of people took my word and sold me items for cheaper.

I think you get MY point.

Lets be honest, you just like to flame. I like to flame too. Cut the bullshit, stick to just flamming. I don't think you will get banned.

Audiodragon

I had first known this bug 4-5 days ago,and yesterday a friend of mine explained it to me.
    I had not listened carefully,and it will be hard for me to explain in English but i'll try.
    To make this bug,you disguise yourself as the 'server' of the game,this means that you have to have the databases of the game in order to do it.So you send the real server false information,in this way you are able to make the item of your wish.
    If anyone here knows about hacks or cryptography,he could understand,the technique is called 'man in the middle'.
    And about the items getting erased,its because there is refresh time on the servers(not 4 hours,but maybe 12,or 24?i dont know),and these items are identified and deleted.
    So its not just a merchant bug,its something far more complicated.

I know it is difficult to understand or even makes no sense at all,but i am just trying to help.

And if still anyone has suspicions,pm Maick in Olympia,ask him for a roc,rol,anything,he'll prob. ask for 500m,and 12 hours after youll see that the ring you have bought is a str+7.This happened minute to minute to my friend.He got happy for the transaction,and later could not find the ring.

TOYSOLDIER_

beleive it or not, ive seen roc for 100m on girakon today.. dupe? naaaaa maybe they increased drop rates.

pspabuser

we h8 dupers lol what happened to orc clan anyway?

you see my point

anyways there is a dupe out and its been confirmed by many so no need to keep trying to prove either right....there is no "agree to disagree" plain fact HE WAS RIGHT[/b]

Yep I have heard more about this too since, seems to be true. I agree with what you said tez. I did push rads buttons a bit. I understand he tried to be helpful. I guess I should have just said 'do you have some evidence so we can be sure this is true and may be sure to be extra vigilant?' and left it at that if he didn't choose to provide any for his own reasons, or because he was unable. But there are claims all the time about duping, it gets annoying after a while so I tend to ask for something to back it up before I buy into anything. I hope that you will understand my point of view in that matter rad, and the reasoning behind my judgement..

Btw rad I was unaware of that other definition, your usage was not vulgar my apologies : )

Flame war? or heated discussion? o.o

didinino

i think its a flame war, u could see its coming on first page.

on topic:

well after koxp is back its most likely for the dupe methods to come back like it allways did

rageer

No all that has been presented is hearsay in this thread so far. That and nothing more, no "solid proofs", no "real proofs", not even a shred of evidence beyond ya I saw it happen so believe me or not I don't care. Very weak counter argument on your part.
    Rad_Archer: Evidence has not been presented here, so far all that has been presented is hearsay. If you really wanted to warn people in a meaningful way, why didn't you think to make a video of the guy supposedly remerching the same item at rediculously low prices repeatedly as you claim? Not only did you fail to do that, but no names are listed here, no fraps of the supposed duper merching, nothing.

There are a lot of unamed sources though: "theys", "a certain turk", and " I was told specifically buy a turk in game " in your posts rad_archer. The kind of stuff often found in made up stories.
    "Ya what's even weirder is when the same guy does it for 5-6 hrs dropping prices as he goes, dunno where you got 5xWE."

Nah I'd say it's a bit wierder that you observed this guy remerching items for 5-6 hours straight, yet fail to provide his char name or even have any fraps of him. Or maybe you didn't see it at all? And are going on the hearsay of yet another person instead?

Doesn't mean it isn't happening. But the op of this thread has made no attempt to substantiate the occurence whatsoever, anyone can come on here and claim he saw or knows of duping and then tell a vague story about it.[/b]

When I read what you typed here, it makes me chuckle inside. This dupe method is out at the moment. It is a merchant dupe/bug method at the moment. Any item can/will be duped, so becareful who you buy it from. If it is from a reputable name, then it can be more-so trusted than from a player with a name such as "adjiea381383adkjf". Basically, the way it works is, they bug the merchant so that the item is there. You buy it, they get the coins, and now you have a duplicate of their item. Your duplicate eventually (after a couple of hours) gets deleted, while they continue to abuse this bug and get tons of coins in the process.

I find it really pathetic that you guys are asking for solid PROOF, when someone is just trying to warn you all about trying to save your money. It's your loss, flame me if you want, but it's pretty sad you guys are doing so. Next time, I'm sure he'll chose not to warn you, and when you lose your 10gb on a chitin shield in merchant, he'll laugh at you.

The bug requires you to risk losing your original item. For example, say that you get tired and you let go and at that very moment someone buys your item, they buy the original item. (I tried not to reveal too much )

Someone suggested why not trade the item for other high class items? It is because this is a merchant bug.

But need not worry, it has been patched.[/b]

It get patched last night?

SuperRajiv The Spasian ResserGD's Avatar

Why do people who dont know anything about a market start talking about one.

OFCOURSE if there is dupe, prices will go UP.

Its simple. If someone can dupe 5000000 BUS, what does he do? He can sell them in merch... but why bother.. he can dupe? he can just sell them into the NPC's.

Think about it, if u have 10000000 dupers who dupe 5000000 bus and they then sell to NPCs they will have like 100 GBs or soemthing. They can then buy more stuff because they have more money. More money means they will pay higher prices.

Not only that, more people with more money means there is an increase in demand for a product. This means that prices will rise because sellers know they can sell it to more people.

Stupid ppl who think that duping doesnt effect prices, obviously havent played KO for the last 5 yrs

Banned
    Boston Mass aka Murder Mass . . . . ';-] . . . Server: ares best server Clan: BuDDaH grade: [1] Clan Rank:43 gg clan Character: BuDDaH

Red face

Why do people who dont know anything about a market start talking about one.

OFCOURSE if there is dupe, prices will go UP.

Its simple. If someone can dupe 5000000 BUS, what does he do? He can sell them in merch... but why bother.. he can dupe? he can just sell them into the NPC's.

Think about it, if u have 10000000 dupers who dupe 5000000 bus and they then sell to NPCs they will have like 100 GBs or soemthing. They can then buy more stuff because they have more money. More money means they will pay higher prices.

Not only that, more people with more money means there is an increase in demand for a product. This means that prices will rise because sellers know they can sell it to more people.

Stupid ppl who think that duping doesnt effect prices, obviously havent played KO for the last 5 yrs[/b]
    mad people dupeing gold bars i heard and turning them in for noahs
    ';-x

Damn I hate that

I love low prices -_-

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast