Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

19 games that gonna be blocked from turkish internet cafes

This is a discussion on 19 games that gonna be blocked from turkish internet cafes within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; This game is dead . This can't be what it was...
Page: 6

youwang

This game is dead .
    This can't be what it was

Reinhard

Originally posted by Lev0
    ok its also illegal to have kids under the age of 18 in your cafe anyone that has ever been to turkey knows that its full with ppl under the 18 playing these games

so even if this gets aceepted it wont change a bit
    Tolgahan said that that law was changed several times and now the minimum age to enter a cafe is 12 zzz.

FEARxME

w00t w00t

Lizora

*crossing fingers*

SuperRajiv The Spasian ResserGD's Avatar

I think there gonna be a biiiiig increase in the no. of computers sold in turkey h43r:

Inactive Member

umm..what they gonna play after those games are banned? they are the core for the gaming in inet cafes. this ain't happening

MaJe

Originally posted by ANZAC_Mondane
    *If it happens,, i will eat my Mage Hat *:rollseyes: *,, some say,, arrg,, server will be Empty,,, True,, but im sure it will fill again with English Players that left becasue of them and mybe older players might come back -_-
    ANZAC_Mondane oooooo do u visit your ancestors in Turkey? It would be nice if they had the same Anty-Turk Pendant when they got owned...

Btw guys this new, wont change anything cuz it is not allowed to ppl under 18 to enter cyber cafes in TR but small cafe owners let chilldren to play games theere.And %95 of dupers are +18 ppl.

Originally posted by ShizN1c
    This is the best Christmas ever!!!!!!
    +1069

I lol'ed

DiplomaticTank

Originally posted by Dread+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dread)</div>
    Originally posted by gubernaculum@
    <!--QuoteBegin-jimfujitsu

Do you actually think that turks who played from cafe's were actually prem? I mean they would spend a minimum of 9$ a month + 5$ a day to pay for playing hours instead of buying a computer and set up home internet which is 1000 times more convenient? I think 99% of turkish cafe's players were using koxp to log and play.

I think a lot of cafes in Turkey have accounts on each of the terminals, that are preconfig'ed with KOXP and so forth...so little Ackbar comes by on his/her way home from the gypsy market and just sits at a terminal. All of them are ready to go, some have higher lvls than others, but it doesn't matter...Turks are united and will support each other by playing any account in the cafe the same. So after a while, all accounts in the cafe are 60+, and ready for PK, and you know the rest.....

But as far as why there are so many Turks playing in internet cafe's - computers aren't dirt cheap nor are the average household salaries all that high in countries in eastern Europe, so most people don't have a computer that was built in the 21st century, and if they do there are even less that have a stable internet connection. Internet cafe's are the only places where you can get access to high speed internet, decent computers, and so on for a lot less than you would be paying for a computer. So the little turks just peddle in the market square all day then go spend it on KO and baklavah....pretty simple life for simple people.

i like this guy ^_^

about the computer thing... it makes sense i guess ...i live in america so i guess im used to having a home built nice fast computer with amazing high speed internet and it isnt that big of a deal[/b]
    i like that baba also he makes much sense instead of just hopes, he gives reasons why and anywayz i believe him :wub:
    i just pray that it is confirmed and they take out a good 70% of the population for ko
    then it might actually go back to being Free2Play and not Pay2Connect
    i should be online now xpin my logos warrior but i cannot logg in -_- ohh well have my fingers crossed and my head high for this law to pass through ^_^

gubernaculum

If anyone has used an internet cafe in Europe, they will know what I'm talking about. They are usually full of 2-3 year old computers, running windows 2000 or 98. There is virtually NO security software installed, so anyone who uses it can install whatever program they want, and it will not be wiped (most of them have keyloggers, so NEVER check your bank account or anything you wouldn't mind losing the password to). I have not been to Turkey, but in Rome there were a couple that were FULL of teenagers playing CS or some kind of FPS. They pretty much just sat in the back all afternoon and shot each other up.

But how can these kids afford the rates, you say? I thought this too, since they charge me 2-3 euro for an hour I have a suspicion that the locals aren't being charged much, if anything, since "legyt" tourists like myself are paying a fucking premium to check email on a spyware infested terminal.

OLD1953

Probably the kids are paying something like five euro a week for access during the slow time of the day. Most adults have to work, and the owner can't tap kids for much, so he'll cut them a rate.

Kicking turk cafes may help the KOXP problem by getting rid of a lot of people who have no idea KOXP is even installed on their machine (don't laugh, I've met em') or that it isn't legal in the game, but it won't change the scene for any US players who work days much if at all. By 6PM EST, you can get in pretty easily, premium or no premium.

As for the 24/7 KOXP lvlers, honestly, I can't imagine a cafe owner allowing anyone to run a program 24/7 and tying up a machine that long without paying through the nose. So I have to doubt there would be much reduction in the DEDICATED cheat population, but a big drop in the casual cheat crowd.

Admitted, the casual cheats can be a LOT more annoying than the "professional" cheats, both because they are so damned blatent about it and because they don't really care if they get banned or not, so they'll openly hack in CZ, etc.

Originally posted by Reinhard+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Reinhard)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-Lev0
    ok its also illegal to have kids under the age of 18 in your cafe anyone that has ever been to turkey knows that its full with ppl under the 18 playing these games

so even if this gets aceepted it wont change a bit
    Tolgahan said that that law was changed several times and now the minimum age to enter a cafe is 12 zzz.[/b]

zzz checks majestes post

Btw guys this new, wont change anything cuz it is not allowed to ppl under 18 to enter cyber cafes in TR but small cafe owners let chilldren to play games theere.And %95 of dupers are +18 ppl.

Violence? its like that:"if u dont give me the shard I will stab you" :lol: XD

Manilas

Originally posted by Coronius
    i think he mean that turkish law thinks that those games make kids become more violent! hence all those games got to do with guns and wars !
    result of violent games = http://www.break.com/index/angry_german_ki..._subtitles.html

cpo4

OMG...after watching that I'm not really sure what to say besides that if anyone is like that playing KO..they should just be sent to a mental ward...I'm rather shocked

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast