Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

5 levels for free?

This is a discussion on 5 levels for free? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally posted by Lawless Ya know oddly nuff after playing the beta on a lev 70 twink geared warrior i ...
Page: 4

Originally posted by Lawless
    Ya know oddly nuff after playing the beta on a lev 70 twink geared warrior i can see their reasoning.....In the new expnasion low 60's (90% of the server) will be useless on most of the new mobs and utterly incapable of keeping up with the servers current lev 70's which can handle the new mobs/quests and will just beacome far too overpowered for thier own good too fast. *The half Xp is the main problem, the xp requirement curve is enough as designed. the half XP was merely a method of giving players something to grind on till K2 could get to this point.
    i dont understand your point. The quests will benefit 60's more than 70's since they are easy to do. I get 20% from all the quests, a lvl 60 will get a free level or two. There are all the same XP spots for 60's as there are now, infact more of them, and less useless mobs. If we kept the current mobs and removed level cap then everyone would just bottleneck at 70 since its so hard to level past that, this way everyone has realistic chances of levelling up, not just 60's.

The idea of level 75's still killing trolls and apos in CZ is ridiculous anyway.

xourico

lvl 75 party can easealy exp on dms <_<

lvl 70s can xp on dm's now but it is not as good XP as cz trolls for example, which just illustrates why we need new mobs.

Any players from other games would find it crazy that we kill the same mobs from lvl 50-70.

HeyJude

Yes, gp. When i was lvling up from 50 to 61, i was seeing Apostles in my dreams when i was sleeping.

Lawless

My point is this.....With normal gear (not the beta dream crap) and lev 60-65ish most of the players will be pretty much incapable of farming/leveling on the new mobs and aquireing the new items. Where as the current lev 70's with sick gear and endless wallets will just jump to ridiculous levels of ability virtually overnight. Legit players in the low 60's will be left so far behind as to be hopeless. Only a fraction will trudge through it. Unless the current reg server droprates/anvil rates and XP system is massively revised with the expansion the lev 60's will give up and the lev 70's will get bored.

Natazaku

Originally posted by 0000000
    lvl 70s can xp on dm's now but it is not as good XP as cz trolls for example, which just illustrates why we need new mobs. *

Any players from other games would find it crazy that we kill the same mobs from lvl 50-70.
    Come xig bbz could drop almost 2 spots of them

so what? the xp/time is not anywhere near as good as cz trolls. you dont think people tried xping on dm's on ares? It doesnt matter how many spawns u clear, if you compare xp/time, trolls will be faster. The problem is not being high enough level or having good items, the problem is that many current high level mobs do not give a proportional amount of XP for how long they take to kill.

@lawless: maybe you never played a high level character i dunno... but you cant level overnight at 70. It will takes weeks of levelling. The 60's will still catch up with the 70's, except not as fast as before (no level cap punishing fast levellers). As for new items, I dunno what new stuff is in the patch apart from the felankor ring (a glorified RoL) I have a feeling it will be a long time before anyone kills felankor without bugs, the main difficulty is the logisitics of organising so many people to get down the abyss legitly. It just seems to me that there is the same hysteria around this patch that there was when KE came out. Apart from the bugs, KE is a much better patch than KO and bifrost will be even better.

HeyJude

Here is Felankor Ring

SiegeR

can any1 clear this
    they will remove xp penalty after 61?
    and
    they will put xp penalty after 70? or 71?

Doc

If they remove it there will be a lot of pissed off ppl including me :angry:

Why should we lvl to 70 on 1/2 exp and then the ppl below us get there in half the time zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

People think that you need amazing high lvl and 1337 gear for Ice age because thats what you've been given to preview it. If you use your brains collectively it's obvious xp will still be as achivible as it always has been. FFS someone had to work out the harpie pull back in the day all that needed now is a new angle on how to do xp with these harder mobs.

All the beta server has done is given alot of ppl lvl 70 feaver, you think your a god and unbeatible where in fact your just as vunrible as your were before just the ego dilutes things for a little while and you come back down to earth eventually. People in that Beta server are not using their brians on how to play a char proply which is why they are getting owned by the mobs when it is your own char you spent time on you will work it out.

The new xp quests are nice and will help newer players alot more than KE and KO ever did. But lets face it you be a retard to do those great xp quest so early on I mean 310mill to get to 71 from 70 I rather wait untill I get to a hard level to get some nice xp boostage.

Dro
    As hot sauce on your taco Senior Member

i`ll use the new quests to get the helis asap .
    cant wait

and no, no free levels, no 1/2 exp removed, no nothing.

Yun_Yuuzhan

Originally posted by Lawless
    Ya know oddly nuff after playing the beta on a lev 70 twink geared warrior i can see their reasoning.....In the new expnasion low 60's (90% of the server) will be useless on most of the new mobs and utterly incapable of keeping up with the servers current lev 70's which can handle the new mobs/quests and will just beacome far too overpowered for thier own good too fast. *The half Xp is the main problem, the xp requirement curve is enough as designed. the half XP was merely a method of giving players something to grind on till K2 could get to this point.
    Half xp exists on MY KO as well, it wasn't something designed by K2. It's the game's way of making you work for those last levels, which has a number of built in advantages and disadvantages.

I don't think raising the level cap to 80 is in itself a big thing, except for the fact that it again gives macroers a decided advantage. In old KO, even a pimped level 70 could be killed by people that knew what they were doing. In KE, this is still possible, albeit a little harder because of accessory compounding. But can you imagine trying to kill a level 80 with +4 uniques and +9 armors/weapon? That's going to be pretty difficult, especially if you encounter a party full of them.

I don't like the new skills at all. Blind? disarm? ice arrow? If I wanted to play WoW I'd go play WoW, no need to turn KO into a clone of it.

Dragonfaire

Originally posted by morax
    No but what im saying is is it moral for a level 70 to go to 75 whilst a level 65 only goes to 70

Doesnt matter anyway even K2 are not retarded enough to do that.... are they?
    You never know :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ripper_of_romania

look...no half xp release,no 5 lvls free..
    The only fact is that in RoFD new mobs will come to compensate the need of exp..Eslant will be 60+ and mobs will be stronger..
    Here are ss from a friend that plays Beta:
    Apos

Sloth

Troll Shaman

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234