Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34
Like Tree5Likes

72 cap MyKO official server on Steamko???

This is a discussion on 72 cap MyKO official server on Steamko??? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I've heard rumor's about a new MyKO 72 cap server possibly in the work's, sometime next year! I do not ...
Page: 1


  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    25

    Default 72 cap MyKO official server on Steamko???

    I've heard rumor's about a new MyKO 72 cap server possibly in the work's, sometime next year! I do not have any sources to post , as I just heard from people in the community, it could be a dead wish, or maybe a dream come true. However I opened up a petition online about it, that once we get enough signature's, it could be quite possible we could send it over to the developer's to spark there interest or show them how many people support it! Take a moment to go sign the petition! Let's make them hear our voices! Give the people what they want!

    https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/...-72-cap-server

    PS, close down the thread if it's breaking rules.
    zuka likes this.

  2. #2
    God. Moderator Kallop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Above you.
    Posts
    5,369

    Default

    Seems very unlikely to happen. Especially considering how bad of a job they did with anti-cheat among other issues in the past. If they were to downgrade their client for some reason, then it would be a complete shit show and even then it wouldn't be a realistic idea due to the lack of content within the game. After people reach max lvl and gear, they would quickly grow bored and expect new content, but all the new content is exactly what people don't want in a MYKO server, so they're stumped with either developing something brand new, or just going through progression again using the previous expansions.

    And even if that was the case, depending on the client they would choose to use, they might have to put more resources into development to implement these updates. I just don't see it happening considering how dead this game is.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    768

    Default

    Doubt it'll happen but would be kinda cool if it actually did some nostalgia for a couple months
    tobol likes this.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    Seems very unlikely to happen. Especially considering how bad of a job they did with anti-cheat among other issues in the past. If they were to downgrade their client for some reason, then it would be a complete shit show and even then it wouldn't be a realistic idea due to the lack of content within the game. After people reach max lvl and gear, they would quickly grow bored and expect new content, but all the new content is exactly what people don't want in a MYKO server, so they're stumped with either developing something brand new, or just going through progression again using the previous expansions.

    And even if that was the case, depending on the client they would choose to use, they might have to put more resources into development to implement these updates. I just don't see it happening considering how dead this game is.
    It should be veeeery hardcore to make this work.
    Brutal anvil rates & exping up to one year?

    I would go and play it out.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    225

    Default

    I doubt it.

  6. #6
    God. Moderator Kallop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Above you.
    Posts
    5,369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SPANKME View Post
    It should be veeeery hardcore to make this work.
    Brutal anvil rates & exping up to one year?

    I would go and play it out.
    And sadly you'd be one of the only people who would enjoy that. It's a very dated concept to spend months leveling your character, especially when in KO levels are so goddamn boring. It's a rather mindless grind, which could be spent better farming for gear or something.

    I'm not sure how many people follow the game industry as a whole around here, but leveling up a character cannot take more than a day or 2 max, if done efficiently. People play games in such an incredibly efficient manner these days, that unless the grind itself is enjoyable, nobody wants to do it for long periods of time. It's caused by many factors, one being the fact that you can find a more enjoyable way of spending your time very easily.

    I shouldn't say leveling tbh. The goal to reach the "end game" should be do-able within a time span of a couple days max. Which in KO's case is max level and the ability to farm and PK. Because levels are so important in KO, XP will always feel like a mandatory chore, rather than something you do and quickly forget. Especially since there is no good lore to explore while doing it.

    I could probably write a couple pages about this whole issue, but I'll just stop here. Understanding the current generation of gamers and how games have evolved since the golden age of KO is very important if you're trying to design a new server.

  7. #7
    Senior Member stimpy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    620

    Default

    I bet 80% of those who wants the "Old nostalgia Myko" did not level up a character to lvl 70,when it was a pain in the ass or they got 61 and stop,cuz the pentaly after 61 was brutal. People had chars 24/7 with sharers on xp and it took ages jeezus,if i hate something thats exping. It would only work if there was the genie option like there is now. Also generaly KE was realy,reaaaaaaaaaaaaaly hard core,the exp was hard,drop rates were low,and the anvil was a monster. There is no server (private MYKO) thats close to the rates that were back then.I forgot,was it like 2-3 trolls or something like that for 0.01 % of xp after 61 or something like that xD Was funnzies to pk with shit gear tho lol.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    And sadly you'd be one of the only people who would enjoy that. It's a very dated concept to spend months leveling your character, especially when in KO levels are so goddamn boring. It's a rather mindless grind, which could be spent better farming for gear or something.

    I'm not sure how many people follow the game industry as a whole around here, but leveling up a character cannot take more than a day or 2 max, if done efficiently. People play games in such an incredibly efficient manner these days, that unless the grind itself is enjoyable, nobody wants to do it for long periods of time. It's caused by many factors, one being the fact that you can find a more enjoyable way of spending your time very easily.

    I shouldn't say leveling tbh. The goal to reach the "end game" should be do-able within a time span of a couple days max. Which in KO's case is max level and the ability to farm and PK. Because levels are so important in KO, XP will always feel like a mandatory chore, rather than something you do and quickly forget. Especially since there is no good lore to explore while doing it.

    I could probably write a couple pages about this whole issue, but I'll just stop here. Understanding the current generation of gamers and how games have evolved since the golden age of KO is very important if you're trying to design a new server.
    This is why Diablo got killed.
    People want everything instantly and available 24/7, so the gaming companies will push towards major audiences and disregard the actual playerbases in all means possible.
    I am pretty confident to say that if they release 72 hardcore server, it will be packed beyond if and only if they do it properly.
    xman06 likes this.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    955

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
    I bet 80% of those who wants the "Old nostalgia Myko" did not level up a character to lvl 70,when it was a pain in the ass or they got 61 and stop,cuz the pentaly after 61 was brutal. People had chars 24/7 with sharers on xp and it took ages jeezus,if i hate something thats exping. It would only work if there was the genie option like there is now. Also generaly KE was realy,reaaaaaaaaaaaaaly hard core,the exp was hard,drop rates were low,and the anvil was a monster. There is no server (private MYKO) thats close to the rates that were back then.I forgot,was it like 2-3 trolls or something like that for 0.01 % of xp after 61 or something like that xD Was funnzies to pk with shit gear tho lol.
    it was like 4k exp per troll non premium in full party while u needed around 160m exp on 62lvl I believe (which makes it 4 trolls per 0,01%)

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
    I bet 80% of those who wants the "Old nostalgia Myko" did not level up a character to lvl 70,when it was a pain in the ass or they got 61 and stop,cuz the pentaly after 61 was brutal. People had chars 24/7 with sharers on xp and it took ages jeezus,if i hate something thats exping. It would only work if there was the genie option like there is now. Also generaly KE was realy,reaaaaaaaaaaaaaly hard core,the exp was hard,drop rates were low,and the anvil was a monster. There is no server (private MYKO) thats close to the rates that were back then.I forgot,was it like 2-3 trolls or something like that for 0.01 % of xp after 61 or something like that xD Was funnzies to pk with shit gear tho lol.
    0,5% per day was good day on exp.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    25

    Default

    I don't mind exping, esp in CZ when you can get raided. it's a lot of fun. I believe a lot of people would migrate to a 72 cap server, especially an official server... look how many people play private server's and a lot of us are sick of grinding for a month or two to have it wiped and server restart.. if an official 72 myko server opened a lot of people would have the enjoyment of playing it for a long time, as you said it would be hard to farm exp upgrade so imagine how long it would be active for.. fuck usko and all the new items and shit it's so dumb.

  12. #12
    Regular Member DaSinister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    232

    Default

    The cunts that play usko today i believe dont care to play the older versions. This will never happen because they would need to make another client with another anti cheat and host it which cost alot to do. The game is dead!

  13. #13
    Senior Member l911l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    412

    Default

    Why would NTT game go backwards and make a lvl 72 server when they open lvl 80-83 expansion servers like turning on a water faucet? It makes no sense. Sorry to ruin your parade OP, but I highly doubt this will happen.

  14. #14
    GDM
    GDM is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    255

    Default

    Vanilla server like WOW and bunch of other MMORPGS are doing ? Not going to happen

  15. #15
    God. Moderator Kallop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Above you.
    Posts
    5,369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SPANKME View Post
    This is why Diablo got killed.
    People want everything instantly and available 24/7, so the gaming companies will push towards major audiences and disregard the actual playerbases in all means possible.
    I am pretty confident to say that if they release 72 hardcore server, it will be packed beyond if and only if they do it properly.
    Diablo had tons of issues, so it's not really a fair comparison, but you're sort of right. It has become a shitshow that is so simple and easy for anybody to pick up that now it's a disgrace to the ARPG genre.

    But, it's not about players not willing to grind because it's too hard or anything, it's because there is no pay off that is great enough to waste so much time doing it. Loot based games struggle with this, because there's a fine line between a game being annoyingly punishing and a game that feels challenging, yet rewarding. When KO and many other MMOs were first launched, the concept of MMOs was so new, that just playing with other players and exploring an online world was enough. These days though? Never. Fallout 76 is a prime example of this. It's an empty game. Just a buggy shell without any direction. You can grind and farm, but there's never a pay-off. There's no story, no lore, no PvP. It's just a sandbox.

    In the same vein, Path Of Exile does a great job of incorporating hardcore grinding (exp wise) and still letting casuals and semi-casuals reach the end game. With max level being 100 and the "necessary" level to reach is somewhere around 90-92. 92 isn't even halfway to lvl 100, but it's enough to do all the content in the game, granted that you have the gear required. Although, PoE is also kind of accomodating newbies these days, which is kind of sad because I prefer more challenging games like Grim Dawn.

    KO has so many flawed systems that are all saved by a single incredible system within the game. I'm actually fucking astounded that no other game has managed to create such a satisfying, yet not punishing PvP system that KO has. National Points are PERFECT. Battle Royale games have a feature that is very rare in competitive games. BR games don't punish the player, everybody is a winner in some way or form. Even if you played poorly, you can still be #2 just by surviving. Maybe you suck at shooting, but it feels nice to see yourself in top 5 just because you survived long enough. In the same way dying in KO is basically never a punishment. PK is rewarding due to NPs and rankings tied to NPs. But who cares if you die? It's just points. If you get 2-3 kills and then die, you profit. It gives the players incentives to take risks and actually fight, instead of scaring people away by punishing them too much. (Also why the 64/50 system is superior to 50/50 system)

    Either way, KO has huge issues with outdated systems and leveling up in KO is one of the worst systems out of any MMO out there. Farming in KO is pretty alright honestly and upgrading is cool, but since that's the case, why bother leveling up? It's so much more fun to just get max level quickly and focus on improving your gear through events and farming. I don't know how much you play newer games or follow the scene, but catering towards a very grindy audience is not a smart move. Especially when the Power Up Store is so fucking overpowered in KO. I love talking about KO with people that have never heard about it, because the reactions from people hearing about accounts worth thousands of dollars or the pay-to-win PUS, or how hard leveling up used to be are fucking hilarious.

    I guess the best example of a grindy game that hasn't really changed from it's original state (except with new updates and some QoL) is Oldschool RuneScape. But OSRS has so much variety and the players have the option to choose what they want to do anyway, so it's a little different. And besides, the grinding is actually supposed to be fun, it's all the gameplay there is, so it's rewarding in itself.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 86
    Last Post: 08-03-2014, 01:11 PM
  2. Replies: 89
    Last Post: 12-03-2012, 03:27 PM
  3. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-03-2012, 05:30 PM
  4. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 02-12-2011, 12:15 PM
  5. Looking for a 70 cap MYKO-style farm server
    By SnEaKy in forum Private Servers
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-08-2011, 10:51 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •