A way to protect your account from the database hackers

This is a discussion on A way to protect your account from the database hackers within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Hi guys, Accidentaly i found this method, this way the database hacker can't steal your stuff but it makes your ...
Page: 1

Default A way to protect your account from the database hackers

Hi guys,

Accidentaly i found this method, this way the database hacker can't steal your stuff but it makes your life a bit more complicated.
    The trick is simple and easy. Choose a password longer than 16 characters.

Here comes the trick : The website can handle the password while the game simply can't. Anything you write the login screen - invalid. If you write the long pass that's why, if you cut to 16 chars then that's why. So, by this way you can log in to the website, but can't log in to the game. Neither the hacker unless he cracks your mailbox as well.

Pretty good method to protect your inactive/mule accounts against anyone.

Have fun

SuperRajiv The Spasian ResserGD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bleki View Post
    Hi guys,

Accidentaly i found this method, this way the database hacker can't steal your stuff but it makes your life a bit more complicated.
    The trick is simple and easy. Choose a password longer than 16 characters.

Here comes the trick : The website can handle the password while the game simply can't. Anything you write the login screen - invalid. If you write the long pass that's why, if you cut to 16 chars then that's why. So, by this way you can log in to the website, but can't log in to the game. Neither the hacker unless he cracks your mailbox as well.

Pretty good method to protect your inactive/mule accounts against anyone.

Have fun

That's pretty clever actually. Useful for accounts such as bank chars/inactive chars. Though, something tells me that if they can hack the database they could probably change your password anyway.

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ResserGD View Post
    That's pretty clever actually. Useful for accounts such as bank chars/inactive chars. Though, something tells me that if they can hack the database they could probably change your password anyway.
    You do realize that hacking it doesn't necessarily mean having the ability to change it, right? Most likely they only have the ability to view if database hacking is indeed the case.

BANNED FOR SCAMMING! Member

This db hacking is bs.

Scared...............If it happens to me imma go mad brah!!

So there isn't any way to log in game, when you got 16 letters in pw?
    Well what about copy/pasting to the game screen or something, because I would like to use that on my main character as well.

BANNED FOR SCAMMING! Senior Member

wish i knew this 2 months ago

So let me get this straight.....

You are not able to log that account, so the account is useless until you change the PW? So a hacker cant log the account either, but the account is still useless? I don't know, but any time I've heard of an account being hacked, they have your seal/unseal code, and able to change ur email/PW so that does nothing to help in that situation. When you get hacked, they know ALL your infos, not only the ones to log your account. Anything else is most likely is not really a hack IMO....

Banned Senior Member

just change your pw every 2 days. simple as that.

it is a fact most of the *hacks* are usually scams or due to keyloggers on PC's etc.. sometimes in the past there were some incidents of DB hacks.. on these incidents u can't do anything anyway.. so just try to keep your PC clean and change your pwd regurarly.. all the rest are just myths imo..

Quote Originally Posted by FuriousKo View Post
    just change your pw every 2 days. simple as that.
    Wtf? Yea because it's so easy to come up with a good password every 2 day's, then remember it and not mix them up.. 180+ new pass every year :S
    "simple as that" yea right.

Quote Originally Posted by JimX View Post
    it is a fact most of the *hacks* are usually scams or due to keyloggers on PC's etc.. sometimes in the past there were some incidents of DB hacks.. on these incidents u can't do anything anyway.. so just try to keep your PC clean and change your pwd regurarly.. all the rest are just myths imo..
    Well yea, most people just want ways to feel more secure. And think of possible ways to get hacked and prevent it before it happen.

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ganzah View Post
    Wtf? Yea because it's so easy to come up with a good password every 2 day's, then remember it and not mix them up.. 180+ new pass every year :S
    put em in a text document and it doesnt have to be change completely just a letter or a number here and there so it will say invalid

Steven Senior Member doomdudenoob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ganzah View Post
    it is quite simple...pick a day of the week that u always gonna change ur pw to(set an alarm on ur iphone or w/e every friday for example) and keep the same letters but change the numbers of the account by the date of each past friday. For example, todays date is 11/20 and last friday(last time u changed ur pw) was 11/16 so just do noob1116 and the next friday u change ur pass again to noob1123

Quote Originally Posted by doomdudenoob View Post
    it is quite simple..."pick a day of the week that u always gonna change ur pw" to(set an alarm on ur iphone or w/e every friday for example) and keep the same letters but change the numbers of the account by the date of each past friday. For example, todays date is 11/20 and last friday(last time u changed ur pw) was 11/16 so just do noob1116 and the next friday u change ur pass again to noob1123
    I was referring to the "change every 2 days". Not once a week. You with me?
    Last edited by Ganzah; 11-22-2012 at 05:15 AM.