Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

About dual core processors

This is a discussion on About dual core processors within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally posted by Devile Its a clear bug. KO is not working properly with dual cores CPU. So ppl like ...
Page: 2

sophiem

Originally posted by Devile
    Its a clear bug. KO is not working properly with dual cores CPU. So ppl like your friends run twice as fast, some other got less than 10fps.
    u mean under 5 fps in cz 1 like me with stupied pc:P

Maximus662

Mine is dual core, only difference i see is like zero said, the leaves fall faster on the start up page, the game runs the same to me, just sharper image. A friend has an over clocked vid card and the ball the orc is holding looks like it has terets syndrome, we both can switch servers at the blink of an eye but no seen advantage running next to another friend using a crap pc.

Vlein

yea, dual core makes KO load 100x faster, ingame, my screen stutters -_-

Banned

what kind of fps are u getting with that dual core man...i want to know how fast

Maximus662

I get around 54-85 depending on what's going on.

Banned

i get 15 max most days i have seen 30 though

A game has to support dual core to actually benefit from it. Its just like having dual processors. Games need SMP support or it means almost no benefit.

Why? cause the game will just use 1 CPU instead of 2. The games needs to be written with dual core support, otherwise there's no clear benefit than just having the game run in 1 CPU and other applications on the other.

Seeing the game run 10x faster breaking every dynamic in the game doesnt mean high performance. It just means the game doesnt know how to deal with this new horse power. Its like running one of those old DOS games like pacman on a P4. Things will move 100x faster to a point that u wont be able to do a single thing.

Improvement means than before u run at 60fps and now u run at 100fps or more but dynamics ingame are exactly the same. Not running 2x lightfeet like speedhacking. Thats a bug as a result from KO not understading whats dual core.

Dont expect any dual core patch anytime soon. Maybe, just a fix so KO is forced to always run on a single CPU without causing this light speed reactions or extreme slowness. Real dual core support requires prolly rewriting major things in the game.

Banned

Originally posted by Devile
    A game has to support dual core to actually benefit from it. Its just like having dual procesor. Games need SMP support or it means almost no benefit.

Why? cause the game will just use 1 CPU instead of 2. The games needs to be written with dual core support, otherwise there's no clear benefit than just having the game run in 1 CPU and other applications on the other.

Seeing the game run 10x faster breaking every dynamic in the game doesnt mean higher performance. It just means the game doesnt know how to deal with this new horse power. Its like running one of those old DOS games like pacman on a P4. Things will move 100x faster that u wont be able to do a single thing.

Improvement means than before u run at 60fps and now u run at 100fps or more but dynamics ingame are the same. Not running 2x lightfeet like speedhacking. Thats a bug as a result from KO not understading whats dual core.

Dont expect any dual core patch anytime soon. Maybe, just a fix so KO is forced to always run on a single CPU without causing this light speed reactions or extreme slowness. Real dual core support requires prolly rewriting major things in the game.
    stop speaking turkish to me as you do all the time on msn :P dumb it up for me oký men

RigorMortis

People that have newer PC have more advantage than the old PC owners. Mine is: P3 866Mhz, 256MB SD-RAM... Avarage fps: 10-20... It really sucks and makes combo ing impossible. :unsure:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12