Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

? about extended play....

This is a discussion on ? about extended play.... within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; This is why I can't combo for extended periods when leveling all night. I've had tendonitis in the past and ...
Page: 2

Yun_Yuuzhan

This is why I can't combo for extended periods when leveling all night. I've had tendonitis in the past and have been tested for carpal tunnel syndrome because the pain has been so bad before. Now, when I start to hurt like that, I just take a break. It's quite possible to injure yourself doing this if you ignore the pain, so never take a painkiller and keep playing, that will only make it worse in the long run.

Btw, zero's musician exercises sound like a good idea.

never happened laptop ftw keyboard very smooth

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

i get horrible pain if I do some crazy 1 v 1's while minor comboing.

One big advice is if you have a watch or braclet to take them off, they can digg in your wrist and that can cause trouble.

sitting properly and taking breaks is going to help alot as referred pain will effect your arms and hands if your not carefull.

Also try warming your fingers up too (I use my guitar to do this) it can help you in the long run.

armand0

use ur mouse to combo, its far more comfortable and easier.

Yun_Yuuzhan

Originally posted by armand0
    use ur mouse to combo, its far more comfortable and easier.
    I've tried using mine but it just doesn't want to work quite right for me.

Take a look at this site:

http://www.healthycomputing.com/

U will find lots of tips about this subject. Is not just your wrist but everything. Your chair has to be at the right height, the monitor, etc. U can also see some stretching excercises. Have a look also to the causes of discomfort, might find yours there.

OneShot

now imagine that you have 2 keyboards like i do...

doing combo on a laptop, and healing with the desktop keyboard...

..desktop mouse ......... laptop ....... laptop mouse
    desk, desk, desk, desk, desk, desk, desk, desk, desk,
    .......................... dektop keyboard..........................

try this at home pls... and see what i'm talking about...

wraith86

Originally posted by 0000000
    Yes it starts to hurt after 2 hours or so levelling. PK isnt so bad since it isnt constant fighting. The problem is kinda amplified if you are minorheal-comboing for a long time, until recently i couldnt do it for more than 2 minutes or so before it hurt very much. *

I think a good thing to do while levelling is to flip the keyboard upside down and combo with the right hand and keep swapping. Also get one of those wrist-rests that lift your wrist up and support it so your hand is in a better position. *

There are lots of exercises around that musicians use to relax muscles in the hands and forearms, im sure a google search will find a few, but try just flapping your hands around loosely and also massaging the muscle along your forearm.
    i cant combo nearly as good as you with my left what makes you think i can do it with my right LOL, anyways thanks for all the help and ill check some exercises out. thanks alot zero

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12