Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

About recent hackings.... how do you think its happening?

This is a discussion on About recent hackings.... how do you think its happening? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I would love to know considering my situation....
Page: 2

I would love to know considering my situation.

/Quit_Game Senior Member sonvicky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrRapist View Post
    Best example; mo3head. Hacked countless of private servers. Hacked ko4life atleast twice and cracked countless of passes and hacked their shit because they used the same password for their e-mails etc.. Don't need many persons to pull something off like that, only one that has the knowledge and is willing to do it. I can easily dig around 30threads of hacks that happened because of him. If you remember SayGekz on c-west that was him aswell. He hacked blomii, nouna and countless of others.
    I very well remember mo3head, used to have great conversations with him back in the day when I was still private KO developing. I even still somewhere have the website on which he released those files, but lets remember, they were PRIVATE servers(meaning, mainly hosted on their own PCs while some got a hosted PC, but the security isn't going to be the best). The security wasn't even that hard to crack if you know what you're doing (and I'm not saying I do btw), but yes I'm confidant that he'd be one of them that atleast has the knowledge. But would he be able to pull it off against an entire company dedicated to KO? Not so sure, but that's debatable

There's also a difference between hacking an account on a game and hacking the entire DB for the game. You should know the huge difference there is between them two, especially since hacking an account can be used using references to things you know about that person, while hacking the DB is more of hacking INTO their computors, firewalls, etc etc. There's much more work behind that I'd say.

I did NOT know SayGekz was him, or atleast I can't remember that but I kinda lost touch with him and everyone else there after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Rougean View Post
    Lets imagine the odds of mGame actually knowing anything about security.

odds = 0.00001
    I know what you mean ^^ But nah, it's not that simple if we look at it from a serious point.

Quote Originally Posted by HealSmash View Post
    I would love to know considering my situation.
    I'm really sorry to hear what happened to TheTitanz mate, but in the end everything in this topic is all just speculations. If I could knew what really happened, or whom did it, I would tell you.

Alot of people are getting hacked aswell in Euko

Why is anyone even talking under the presumption that K2/NTT/MGame know anything about anything...about anything. Some scumbag GM probably sold info to some turk.

I do know that someone attempted to hack Blizzards database and they prompted PW changes, probably un-related but meh.

Its more like K2 Or MGame doing what they always do , (Nothing)

We got 4 chars hacked in NewAge one mounth ago , and yesterday got one , the hacker take all the items and all the coins ( 0 coins in the char and 0 coins in the inn ) .
    Last edited by Blanquita; 08-14-2012 at 07:54 PM.

Yea people trying to kill CW or something , lucky they didnt disband the clan , i know you guys havent had that clan that long but its still been awhile for NA , way to many people getting the hack and BS happenin in this game atm.

BANNED FOR SCAMMING! Regular Member

It's not k2, The exact same thing is happening on EUko, which k2 never had a part of.

all hacked items in Europa are being sold in merchants for almost half price

Perhaps NTT's database has the same encryption as when K2 handled the database, and K2 is having some fun?

Or perhaps it was Westboro Baptist Church.

Most of this is too scary to think about.

Little archer Senior Member

soo basically no one is safe? even those that regularly change the password?

my theory is that the current website security is bad and easily exploitable, and that old databases were leaked.

a combination of those two would certainly be scary.

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    soo basically no one is safe? even those that regularly change the password?

my theory is that the current website security is bad and easily exploitable, and that old databases were leaked.

a combination of those two would certainly be scary.
    Speculation built upon a foundation of ignorance.

It's obviously twostars.

Little archer Senior Member

no one at all in here has any idea of whats happening so all we can do is guess or speculate.

better close thread

So if the website is presumed to be corrupted is there another way to change your password ?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast