Selling a name

This is a discussion on Selling a name within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Just interested in seeing other people’s opinions on the sales of characters with I guess what I would call a ...
Page: 1

Default Selling a name

Just interested in seeing other people’s opinions on the sales of characters with I guess what I would call a recognizable name.
    I don't want to cause flames or shit so if you have issues of that kind can you just stay out of a thread for once.

Anyway recently I have realized that eventually I and Alex will want to sell up the character we share. It's a lot easier said than done but it's pretty obvious since neither of us have time to keep it in game and it'll just rust away so we may as well get another spell of enjoyment as a result of it.

What I want to see is people's personal opinions on the issue of selling a character without name changing it to make maximum profit. We've obviously fallen behind in gear and level so I figured our best chance to make the best deal was the cash in on the Turkish obsession with the character.
    The dilemma I find is whether or not it’s right to sell a reputation that can be used to gain easier access to something like kingship.

I'll check up on this thread in a couple of days when I have some free time.

wraith86

i think it will cause problems in the community but theres little you can do about it... notice how soulslayer NCd his char then sold it and the buyer renamed it to soulslayer lol... so regardless of what the name is or was its still just a char. skill made the char what it is so keeping it the same name wont prove any good to the new owner besides the turkish babas that think they are god for the name they have.. but then again why do you want to sell that char when you can always let me play it

Dro
    As hot sauce on your taco Senior Member

uhm ideal would be to rename it, then sell it, and then make a new character with your name. That way the reputation isn't taken by some random guy who might probably just stain it.

wraith86

i believe you cant rename a char to exactly what it was because it stays in the database for 6months-1year thus the reason the new soulslayer is sou1slayer or something.. and if your quitting why do you care about KO?

Baxxor

Default Re: Selling a name

Originally posted by Matt
    Just interested in seeing other people’s opinions on the sales of characters with I guess what I would call a recognizable name.
    I don't want to cause flames or shit so if you have issues of that kind can you just stay out of a thread for once.

Just interested in some opinions, I'll check up on this thread in a couple of days when I have some free time.

Dude we understod the first time u said "interested in ppl opinions", stop spamming it

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

Catch 22 really, markets are flooded with high levels as it is TOO easy now to get lvl 70. The name is going to make the difference between selling and getting a good price than selling the account for next to nothing because some random has macrod up to the same level.

You get the name well known and respected I think it's only fair you use that to make money.

Hells Kitchen

tbh, idc if its the best person in KO. I would never use their name if I was to buy it. Thats so stupid, why would some low life want to follow into someones foot steps, when you can make your own name and own it up and make a name for yourself, not for some turk who always is known. Ive bought 2 accounts and name changes every single one, there pretty well known players as well but of course im not a follower.

Originally posted by Felix

You get the name well known and respected I think it's only fair you use that to make money.
    Yes but...

I personally associate characters with people - so it is a bit confusing when they change hands. I would rather they nc'ed before selling. And I would definately nc a bought character - else its not really mine.

I do see your point though - but still I would prefer if people found reasonably decent buyers who may use the name but not abuse other's trust in that name.

just my 2 cents ..

when i find a suitable buyer for my accounts the last of whatever knight cash i have will be spent as to leave the account with a Name Change Scroll, ironny being once i've left i wouldnt give 2 shits what they did with my name

kingcutter

Originally posted by Dro
    uhm ideal would be to rename it, then sell it, and then make a new character with your name. That way the reputation isn't taken by some random guy who might probably just stain it.
    totally agree, and plus a lot of the characters who are in this situation have enough igc on them to just buy a ncs since they are in merch now. although i think as long as people know you've sold it, word will get around and people should know its not the original owner, esp with a name like F9

i think above all the most important part is being public and open in saying yes, the character has been sold, its not me because otherwise people start talking and you're not sure if its been sold or a friends playing it or it was hacked or whatever, just much better if people know the char is sold for sure

my $0.02

Your level isn't as high as it once was... and who cares what your name is. Like someone posted above me why would someone want to follow in your foot steps. The thing thats going to make your character valuable is the Nation Points. That little H or Dragon or whatever you got means a lot in prices.

DeathInTheNight

I think u should change name for 1 reason,the rest of the ko popullation.
    If u sell to some noob who dupes, cheats or whatever,then ur name is a trusted 1 and for ppl who dont know you have sold ur char, they r probably gonna trust that person w/o question b'coz of the name.
    Reason for his is because i've never heard 1 bad comment about F9 apart from pk skills and blah blah,but as 4 scamming and shit that name is probably 1 of the most trusted on Ares.
    So its probably a scammers dream.

So name change would benifit all, apart from u who would need 2 buy a little kc.