Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Account Banned, BB KO

This is a discussion on Account Banned, BB KO within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; He's got a point. You think a big company like K2 won't do you for fraud?[/b] No, they won't. The ...
Page: 2

Banned

He's got a point. You think a big company like K2 won't do you for fraud?[/b]
    No, they won't. The lawyer fees are probably higher than what he will charge back for. Until everyone starts charging back together, they won't do anything. Unless, they do it in order to set an example, then you are screwed.

Anyways, if you can answer my question. Did the person you share with, was he from the same country or different? I have like 5 - 6 retarded middle school kids playing my accounts. I was always trying to find an excuse to get rid of the scroll wasting hoodrats. They are all level 80 accounts i really don't need them anymore.

BANNED FOR SCAMMING!

at least he has a contribution to make, other than a simple empathy post.
    so stfu[/b]
    Thanks crackurbak... I'm trying to educate the users on this site who are going to get themselves into serious legal shit if they think they can pull a stunt like this. I don't know what the US equivalent to a county court judgement is, but basically you're liable to find yourself fined for the amount you owe back to K2 AND the court costs, which could be considerable. This will end up on your credit rating for several years, affecting your chances to get credit, loans, or possibly even a mortgage.

Don't think K2 would hesitate to do it, they would win hands down, probably with a summary hearing "in absentia" (i.e. you don't have to be there, just a representative of K2, which would likely be their in-house legal or a solicitor), and so YOU would be paying all the costs. It's no skin off their nose.

Banned

Thanks crackurbak... I'm trying to educate the users on this site who are going to get themselves into serious legal shit if they think they can pull a stunt like this. I don't know what the US equivalent to a county court judgement is, but basically you're liable to find yourself fined for the amount you owe back to K2 AND the court costs, which could be considerable. This will end up on your credit rating for several years, affecting your chances to get credit, loans, or possibly even a mortgage.

Don't think K2 would hesitate to do it, they would win hands down, probably with a summary hearing "in absentia" (i.e. you don't have to be there, just a representative of K2, which would likely be their in-house legal or a solicitor), and so YOU would be paying all the costs. It's no skin off their nose.[/b]
    Once again, you are going about this the wrong way. There are many unsatisfied customers with K2. I am not talking about in the range of 10 - 20. Look at the BBB site, there are atleast 1000 - 2000 people. I am sure there are more in this very forum. Therefore, if they do decide to go to court, a non retarded person can argue that K2 abuses its TOS in order to generate more revenue. They have changed their TOS atleast 10 times in order to better suit themselves and not their customers. A person has no choice but to accept their new TOS as they have already worked hard for their character; if they do not accept their TOS they run the risk of losing everything that they have worked for including time and money. If you didn't know, the US justice system is made for the common man; people hate big businesses. Most jury is composed of an average shmoe, not Bill Gates. Rich people try to avoid jury duty.

BANNED FOR SCAMMING!

Once again, you are going about this the wrong way. There are many unsatisfied customers with K2. I am not talking about in the range of 10 - 20. Look at the BBB site, there are atleast 1000 - 2000 people. I am sure there are more in this very forum. Therefore, if they do decide to go to court, a non retarded person can argue that K2 abuses its TOS in order to generate more revenue. They have changed their TOS atleast 10 times in order to better suit themselves and not the player. A person has no choice but to accept their new TOS as they have already worked hard for their character.[/b]
    This wouldn't be him suing K2, this would be K2 suing him if he charges back all his previous payments. I think you just got the wrong end of the stick

Banned

This wouldn't be him suing K2, this would be K2 suing him if he charges back all his previous payments. I think you just got the wrong end of the stick [/b]
    If he can provide little argument on why he did what he did (even if he can't), he can file a counter lawsuit. I am sure you didn't know that. Read up on the American Justice System. It's a beautiful thing.

BANNED FOR SCAMMING!

They have changed their TOS atleast 10 times in order to better suit themselves and not the player. A person has no choice but to accept their new TOS as they have already worked hard for their character.[/b]
    Nothing illegal about K2 doing this though. You don't HAVE to accept the new TOS. I stopped playing when punkbuster was used as the anti-hack options, because I did not accept the additional T&C which were imposed to support its use.

Complete aside...
    There are no legal marriages in the US. The law in the US says that all contracts for sex are unenforceable and therefore void. However, as non-fulfillment of conjugal duties is grounds for divorce, marriage is in fact a contract for sex, and so all marriages in the US are void. However this is highly unlikely to ever come to court, and if it ever did, then you'd probably find the law about contracts for sex would be changed rather hastily to exclude marriage.

If he can provide little argument on why he did what he did (even if he can't), he can file a counter lawsuit. I am sure you didn't know that. Read up on the American Justice System. It's a horrendous thing.[/b]
    Corrected your mistake

Yes I have heard of counter-claims. But then he would be risking his own money, and would most likely lose. Someone like Tez who could afford the lawyers might try it, but average 18-20 year old college boy who got angry with K2 and charged it all back, probably doesn't have that kind of money to risk to prove a point.

Banned

Nothing illegal about K2 doing this though. You don't HAVE to accept the new TOS. I stopped playing when punkbuster was used as the anti-hack options, because I did not accept the additional T&C which were imposed to support its use.

Complete aside...
    There are no legal marriages in the US. The law in the US says that all contracts for sex are unenforceable and therefore void. However, as non-fulfillment of conjugal duties is grounds for divorce, marriage is in fact a contract for sex, and so all marriages in the US are void. However this is highly unlikely to ever come to court, and if it ever did, then you'd probably find the law about contracts for sex would be changed rather hastily to exclude marriage.[/b]
    It's not the fact that you have to accept it or not, it's the fact that you are forced to accept it otherwise you lose both your time and money.

Let's use an example here. Lets say that you are in college. There is an old curriculum (easy) that you are following. You are in your senior year, all of a sudden the college changes it curriculum and you have to take 6 extra classes to get your degree [which you wouldn't have to take in the old curriculum]. If you do not take these classes, you don't get your degree. What the fuck do you expect the student to do, not take the classes? He is forced to take them otherwise he wasted both his money and time.

The good thing about this is, in college, if they set up a curriculum and you are on that curriculum from the start, then they can't force you to go into the new curriculum. K2 can.

Both College and K2 is consider a business. I am sure he can make a very solid argument.

Banned

Complete aside...
    There are no legal marriages in the US. The law in the US says that all contracts for sex are unenforceable and therefore void. However, as non-fulfillment of conjugal duties is grounds for divorce, marriage is in fact a contract for sex, and so all marriages in the US are void. However this is highly unlikely to ever come to court, and if it ever did, then you'd probably find the law about contracts for sex would be changed rather hastily to exclude marriage.
    Corrected your mistake
    Yes I have heard of counter-claims. But then he would be risking his own money, and would most likely lose. Someone like Tez who could afford the lawyers might try it, but average 18-20 year old college boy who got angry with K2 and charged it all back, probably doesn't have that kind of money to risk to prove a point.[/b]
    Wow you are an idiot. Lets change facts to opinion. That always wins arguments.

I never mentioned the fact if he can afford it or not; I simply said that the argument exists and he can make a very good case. I am not here to judge his actions; I am trying to say that you are obviously wrong. I have to work out now. I will laugh at your post later.

BANNED FOR SCAMMING!

Wow you are an idiot. Lets change facts to opinion. That always wins arguments.

I never mentioned the fact if he can afford it or not; I simply said that the argument exists and he can make a very good case. I am not here to judge his actions; I am trying to say that you are obviously wrong. I have to work out now. I will laugh at your post later.[/b]
    Circumstances are very important to any legal action. You can't ignore them here. An "average" KO player is not in the position to sensibly do as you suggested. You are making it sound easy, whereas I'm trying to warn the users here that they could get in a lot of shit.

I don't find your analogy with a degree student to be very suitable. Completing the degree is in the student's future interest. Playing KnightOnline is purely entertainment. Sure you may have invested a lot of time and money into having a really good character, but that is simply enhancing your entertainment. I'm sure any judge would agree there is a big difference between education and entertainment.

You yourself are also changing facts to opinions - you state he can make a very good case. That is your opinion, you cannot say that is a fact. You can state what the law says, but laws are open to interpretation, so any analysis of law on a situation without a precedent case can only be opinion. They may indeed by a very sound opinion, but it is not a fact until it's been in court and a judge (or jury if applicable) has decided.

I'm not going to lower myself with name-calling, taunting, or making assumptions about your intelligence. Up until your last post, you were arguing reasonably, which was enjoyable. Hopefully that might keep this as debate rather than turning into a flame war.

kibal

So if they fix ur account ,the purpose of the post is? ,gl in wow .

Like 30 people banned just in 1 day in girakon. :|

Even GG's getting banned, ridiculous.

kibal

Like 30 people banned just in 1 day in girakon. :|

Even GG's getting banned, ridiculous.[/b]
    Why they got ban?

didinino

same issue with my friend, got banned for no reason and they keep closing the tickets.
    he opened the account 8 days ago, bought plat prem, never shared the account and now banned.:Z
    any updates on this matter?

Why they got ban?[/b]

No idea dude, they where in my DS party and all of them got DC and banned. ( They were chinese btw)

HotAsIce

The person I shared with was form London using a proxy to the U.S. (where I'm from).

The reasoning behind charging back more than one month of premium is that premium services are cumulative. Meaning As you keep playing, premium becomes more of a necessity, and the last months premium affects what you do and how you play in the coming months premium. If you get bronze instead of platinum, your going to be killing ash knights next month, not Dark Stones.

As for the ToS, they have conflicting agreements in their company already, I have to get to work so I can't do the research at the moment, but I know one said sharing will make it so you recieve no customer support, and another said it was illegal. Not to mention there was never an announcement in-game or sent to me via e-mail that said their ToS updated, and needs to be re-read because changes had been made. So banning an account due to a new rule that was never disclosed to the player would be considered neglecence on the part of K2Networks.

I'llc heck my Custoemr Support tivket and this post when I get home from work.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast