Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Account restorations are back

This is a discussion on Account restorations are back within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Brat has been around this forum a lot longer than I have on this account...
Page: 4

Brat has been around this forum a lot longer than I have on this account

Just looked through her posts. She already admits being a moderator. So it's def Makiya.

brat2good

Quote Originally Posted by Koopy View Post
    Just looked through her posts. She already admits being a moderator. So it's def Makiya.
    Who cares if I WAS Makiya on the official forum.. Im not modding anymore.

Jak's RL bro Senior Member keys's Avatar

makiya is a babashopper? O_O

Quote Originally Posted by brat2good View Post
    Just bought 20 gb from Comet.. Transaction went great.

Thankyou soooo much for your help and patience with me :-)
    anyways, glad to see you were defending a company that screwed over so many people

edit : take that back, you were helping people who play KO in your spare time,
    Last edited by keys; 05-31-2011 at 08:15 PM.

Yes, She hated babashoppers yet she was one. Ironic? Yes, She's a complete hypocrite.

brat2good

For anyone that was hacked and wondering how or why nothing was done to stop this, here is some good links for laws governing how our private information SHOULD have been handled and what should have happened upon the breech of the database.

Im sure many of you know what happened to Sony when the playstation database was hacked... Why werent the same precautions taken when the hackings started in KOL?

Legal aspects of computing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Information Technology Law - Guide to IT Law -
    CataLaw : Information Technology Law
    cybercrime.gov
    FCTD | Assistive Technology Laws
    Information Technology Laws | Cyber Law Net

Im no longer a mod, dont care if you hate me or not.. just wanted to make sure you got this info
    Continuing on.. more info that may be useful for those people that were affected...

Some areas of interest might include ISO 15443, ISO 20000, ISO/IEC 27001, and ISO/IEC 27002

Why has no one been notified? It is very obvious that account information is the hands of unauthorized individuals.
    California data security breach notification law, Cal. Civ. Code 1798.82 and 1798.29, was enacted in 2002 and became effective on July 1, 2003.[2] As related in the bill statement, law requires "a state agency, or a person or business that conducts business in California, that owns or licenses computerized data that includes personal information, as defined, to disclose in specified ways, any breach of the security of the data, as defined, to any resident of California whose unencrypted personal information was, or is reasonably believed to have been, acquired by an unauthorized person." In addition the law permits delayed notification "if a law enforcement agency determines that it would impede a criminal investigation." The law also requires any entity that licenses such information to notify the owner or licensee of the information of any breach in the security of the data.

another mod or ex mod posting on ko4life, its like a reunion

wheres nothos, i wanna bash him a bit !!!

For anyone that was hacked and wondering how or why nothing was done to stop this, here is some good links for laws governing how our private information SHOULD have been handled and what should have happened upon the breech of the database.
    So are you confirming that there was a D-base breach at G1/K2?? Was it only KO information that was compromised? I was wondering how my account got hacked never buying anything from farmer sites and such. Had my suspicions, but they were just that - suspicions.

To everyone flaming the mods -

Mods have to "tow the company line", but that is expected in a company sponsored position. Perks come with a cost people. Free speech does not equal free from consequences. In most jobs, you have to put up with a certain amount of politics in order to be able to "massage the system" and help others. Most politicians believe they will only do good in their role, but the system has a way of corrupting them. Welcome to the real world. The older you get, the more obvious it is. Not defending, just speaking the truth.

BTW - Brat2Good
    I think a lot of your responses to posts on the official forum are derogatory, and generally insulting. As a mod, you are seen as an ambassador to the game you represent. That being said, I don't have to respond to 10's or 100's of people asking the same questions over and over again either so I will allow some slack for frustration level.

Remember, most people fit into one of the two following groups:
    Those who command respect from their actions.
    Those who demand respect by their actions.
    Which do you aspire to be?

brat2good

Quote Originally Posted by r1ckyb0by View Post
    So are you confirming that there was a D-base breach at G1/K2?? Was it only KO information that was compromised? I was wondering how my account got hacked never buying anything from farmer sites and such. Had my suspicions, but they were just that - suspicions.
    I cant confirm anything because they kept pretty tight lipped about this whole hacking incident. All I know is there were steps that should have been taken to protect peoples accounts that werent taken.

Do you have any info on when was the last time DB was hacked? because people who changed their password in the past few weeks still got hacked...

itunes1

Their security is so bad, the website is full with xss vurnability's wich every scriptkiddie can exploit... lal

ko4lifenew

i got hacked 7months ago....i have send a ticket...nothing happened....This is good for KO but still got problems...They must check the old log in files too, to help the other players that are old-hacked....Thanks for informing us btw

my friend lost all itens

i sent a ticket saying i got hacked and lost items. so would they reply saying they can't do anything about it? or will they give my items back or at least try to give most of them back?

just asking. thanks.

p.s. i did state what items i lost
    Last edited by AmiT; 06-04-2011 at 01:35 PM. Reason: missed out a bit of information

You need to pm Athenrye the ticket number on official forums.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast