Voters
505. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

109 21.58%
  • No

396 78.42%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Account trading/selling

This is a discussion on Account trading/selling within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Is there really a way to make an account that you've bought 100% safe? By 100% safe I mean safe ...
Page: 5

Speed_King

Is there really a way to make an account that you've bought 100% safe? By 100% safe I mean safe as in you were the only one to play it (putting premium on it, knowing the pw). I ask this because a friend of mind lost a high-level, well-geared account that he bought something like four or five months ago. Did he do something wrong somewhere? What info did he not change that he should've changed? Was it possible for him to delete premium 'history'?

I've never bought or sold an account so I have no personal experience with these things. Posters above say that they've changed ALL information. My question, then, is whether this is possible.

Cheers

didinino

very easy,
    u ask for all payments,
    then u buy prem on the account after u verify all the info is changed.

after that u buy prem, u send a letter from other account, asking cs to change ur SA's saying that u dont want the new SA to appear on ur account,
    provide info and everything that is needed, and then u have ur account, and the other person wont know any SA or new payment that was made.

"another tip from me".

NaidenZ

Is there really a way to make an account that you've bought 100% safe? By 100% safe I mean safe as in you were the only one to play it (putting premium on it, knowing the pw). I ask this because a friend of mind lost a high-level, well-geared account that he bought something like four or five months ago. Did he do something wrong somewhere? What info did he not change that he should've changed? Was it possible for him to delete premium 'history'?

I've never bought or sold an account so I have no personal experience with these things. Posters above say that they've changed ALL information. My question, then, is whether this is possible.

Cheers[/b]
    NO
    It's like paypal,
    the guy who sold you the character can get the account back
    the guy who bought anything from you trough paypal can get the money back

if you gonna sell anything on paypal or if you gonna buy an account of ko, there are risk on both

what you have to do is , make the trade with a trustable guy

I have done both kind of trades already and many times but no problems yet ^_^ I'm just lucky h34r:

xanarchistx

If you do it right, It's 100% safe.

If you trade some kid that just MSN'd you, and his ko4life account has 1 post but he swares he's an old member, you're fucked either way.. He HAS no reputation, he can scam and not think about it, because what reputation is he ruining? Nothing.

I've traded accounts 4-5 times, never once a scam. If it's for USD, it's very very easy. Give me the info, I will change ALL the account info, and I will pay you once K2 changes my secret passwords and secret question answers (can be scammed back with those)

theprodigy

i dont care what ppl account trading causes drama.

i voted no
    even though there are scammers, they will never be gone.....

just do trades with trusty people and not total randoms with no rep

fonzy

its your choice and we shouldnt take away that from the person if u are like 70+ then sure and u want to trade for a diff or make some money i see no problem with this sysytem

Cadence96

I think a fair thing is to limit users to sell a maximum of... 1 account

It could stop actions like ferruzo, javi and others did.

I support account trading&selling, but I don't like much when it is for a business reason. I consider most account scammers are those who use KO just to earn money.

If you see most of the KO legends who quit, sold their accounts, and I never heard they tried to take the account back... but now there are many serverhopers that eager to lvl fast for selling high.

Suggestion: allow ppl to trade their own accounts only - or accounts that they have bought several months before and have secured. Do not allow "I am selling this for my friend (because I appear trustable while he does not but I am not telling you this - oh and of course I have no responsibility whatever happens)" or "I am buying and reselling accounts I know nothing about - but again I am not telling you this".

Demand that sellers state if they were the only ones with access to the account, if not how many ppl have had info to the account, who those ppl are and what info exactly (login details or full access).
    Also whether it has ever been hacked, banned etc.

Oh, and ban those found lying on the above details. as most sellers do.

SuperRajiv The Spasian ResserGD's Avatar

NO
    It's like paypal,
    the guy who sold you the character can get the account back
    the guy who bought anything from you trough paypal can get the money back

if you gonna sell anything on paypal or if you gonna buy an account of ko, there are risk on both

what you have to do is , make the trade with a trustable guy

I have done both kind of trades already and many times but no problems yet ^_^ I'm just lucky h34r:[/b]
    Wrong. You can make your account secure. Just takes a little more effort and a bit of wits then just changing the info available.

Suggestion: allow ppl to trade their own accounts only - or accounts that they have bought several months before and have secured. Do not allow "I am selling this for my friend (because I appear trustable while he does not but I am not telling you this - oh and of course I have no responsibility whatever happens)" or "I am buying and reselling accounts I know nothing about - but again I am not telling you this".

Demand that sellers state if they were the only ones with access to the account, if not how many ppl have had info to the account, who those ppl are and what info exactly (login details or full access).

Oh, and ban those found lying on the above details. as most sellers do.[/b]
    Difficult for market mods to investigate every selling account topic to see whether the account was theirs originally or when they bought it. Easy to lie about. I agree about the "selling for a freind" topics.

Nice suggestions, we are moving towards a solution.

Cadence96

Oh, and ban those found lying on the above details. as most sellers do.[/b]
    But what if a person has 3 chars with the same name on dif servers? He would claim that all accounts are of his own. But if K4L staff limits selling to one or two sells per member, then won't be mass scam cases.
    I think K4L should allow only natural sellers, and prohibit users who uses this forum just to earn money.

Difficult for market mods to investigate every selling account topic to see whether the account was theirs originally or when they bought it. Easy to lie about. I agree about the "selling for a freind" topics.

Nice suggestions, we are moving towards a solution.[/b]
    There are users who live in market. It is in the hands of those users to warn mods if they see someone selling more than 1 account. In the case this suggestion progress.

KataNoob Senior Member blood_warrior's Avatar

I think both yes and no on this poll question :/

No you should not stop trading/selling accounts becuse :
    you might get tired of ko and dun wanna play anymore, wouldnt it be nice to get a few usd for your acc?

Yes you should stop trading/selling accounts becuse :
    Its really lame when some1 comes with a usd'ed char and thinks hes a gg just becuse he got a fat wallet
    but still, even if ko4life would forbidd account selling/trading it would not make a diffrence at all, cuz
    most of the players are Turks and trade accs in school/internet cafe's if they get bored of their current character.

NO

DarK

No, shouldn't stop if you get scammed its more than likely your fault.

P.S. Ko ranking would become a lot more popular ;O

nah it should stay here, if you want to trade then its your OWN choice. getting scammed is sadly a risk....[/b]

ehehe that's what i think too

anyways i vote NO

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast