Voters
505. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

109 21.58%
  • No

396 78.42%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Account trading/selling

This is a discussion on Account trading/selling within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Yes stop public selling of accounts via ko4life... I remember back when i 1st registered on ko4life...it was the place ...
Page: 6

Richie

Yes stop public selling of accounts via ko4life...
    I remember back when i 1st registered on ko4life...it was the place to come to to get the goss and look for any info u might need ingame...
    Now, apart from a very few, this forum is where u come to sell/buy accounts/gb/items....more often than not, each buy/sell post ends up with a "i got scammed" post at the end of each topic.
    There was a post on official cypher forums the other day....It was Titled "i got scammed" the 2nd reply was not a "bad luck dude" but was a "u shouldnt have bought ur acc from ko4life".
    As much as it sux to say this...but ko4life is no longer a fansite with helpful information and topics about gameplay
    Its now a forum for buying/selling and talking shit about each other

BRING BACK THE NOT SO LONG AGO DAYS!!!

I dont think we should but maybe we could make a single topic of trustable sellers, or have if the person selling should have to have a vouch from a trustable(if they are new)

wow idk what i did but i fucked my post up nvm :P

~SkaNkLeR~ Senior Member griml2eaper's Avatar

u take this away more then half of everyone on here would stop coming

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

I will close the poll and thread on the 29th Feb.

TopCat

ROFL... i will say HELL NO

Diez Orginal Senior Member DrUnKeNmAsTeR's Avatar

i say no for stop but i think mods must kick users who selling accounts who are unknown

p.s : i have not many posts but this doesn't make a different but I'm registered here very long time and everybody know me and can ratify that I'm trustable I sold over 5 accounts and over 1000 items

Difficult for market mods to investigate every selling account topic to see whether the account was theirs originally or when they bought it. Easy to lie about. I agree about the "selling for a freind" topics.

Nice suggestions, we are moving towards a solution.[/b]
    Of course mods cant investigate every account being sold, that is too much. However, in many cases ppl blatantly tell clan and friends that they were hacked (for example) and are therefore now selling their account but fail to mention it to potential buyers. It is very easy to lie, but it is even easier to avoid saying anything and then claim "oh, they just did not ask me" or "I told him in vent/msn but dont have logs". That just creates extra work for the mods in cases of scamming/disputes as they try to find out who said what to who and when.

You can't ban someone (I presume) because they did not volunteer info, but you can sure ban them if they lie. So I say force them (by closing topics without details) to either give out accurate account history or lie about it and risk getting banned. As Cadence said there are users who live in the market section and will probably be able to provide you with enough info for several bans pretty fast. I believe after that people will get the message and at least stop doing this bs as openly as they are doing it now.

Would be pretty fukn lame if you removed it -_- if you feel like NOT trading accounts, just dont do it... simple as that!
    Yes some people do get scammed in account trades, have happened to me too! Good way to dodge it is to trade with trustable people and GG's h34r:

If its to stop scammers , no offence its just not gonne work , people still can talk via PM or in different ways to do it , scammers not gonne stop it even if they get ban , i sure you should keep the selling / trading / buying accounts and the person who buy and sell should be trustable persons , sometimes people selling and after months / days / years they wanna back to ko and they have no char , so they prefer to pay USD and play on lvl 70-80 from the start , i dont see it as admins problem if somebody getting scammed , its not your problems , you didnt gave the info , you didnt told him to buy from this person , if you get scam its your risk and your own fault.

For example i sold accounts for USD and i never got them back because i even not trying to , so sometimes you should keep the selling and buying and sometimes not , but you cant stop hackers in that way , just buy from members that you know and trust them.

And if you didnt understood what i ment , i said no to stop it , because people really need it , if not many people gonne quit. ( or not? because they cant sell it here , but well as i said people need it )

no...

Key421

you shouldn't stop it, just "buyers beware"

ISeeYouPee

stop them

Popcorn maker :D Senior Member camisita's Avatar

i dont see it as admins problem if somebody getting scammed , its not your problems , you didnt gave the info , you didnt told him to buy from this person , if you get scam its your risk and your own fault. [/b]
    how would u fell if u have a forum like this and ppl come to trade/buy/sell acounts, and 2/3 users get scammed?.what would u do if thats the case? just say is not my problem?

how would u fell if u have a forum like this and ppl come to trade/buy/sell acounts, and 2/3 users get scammed?.what would u do if thats the case? just say is not my problem?[/b]
    Exactly , they wrote in each section in market about warning , if you dont read it its not thier problem ...
    When you buy something from shop for example car , and the seller teach you how to drive on it i mean where is all the buttons , when you drive and for example you did accedint you cant blame the seller because he didnt showed you where is the lights ( as i said just example ) , so its same here , there are rules , just read them understand them and then do it in the safe way , if you didnt read nothing and you just coming give ID pass and everything and you get scam , its not admin problem that you so dumb ( not talking to you personaly ).
    Hopefully you understood , i tried to explain in the best way as i can.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast