Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Advertising Question

This is a discussion on Advertising Question within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Has this game ever actually been advertised in the US? They call it "US"KO but it is still filled with ...
Page: 1

Banned Senior Member

Default Advertising Question

Has this game ever actually been advertised in the US? They call it "US"KO but it is still filled with mostly Turks.

It seems like a game that could open more "Anatolia's" and just rake in the cash. I didn't find out about this game until 2010 and it had already been out 6 years. I'm just wondering if anyone knows the actual history of the game and how it never took off in America. Kinda confused on why there aren't that many english players.
    WSxMagicians likes this.

Senior Member MySexualIntention's Avatar

KO used to have english players. Then the turks invaded.

This may be more informative:
    Great Turkish Invasion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    razor likes this.

KO used to be mostly english
    But most of the english ppl just gave up on KO

Adi
    Banned Senior Member

K2Network (US based company) used to advertise it all over USA, in some countries in Europe as well.
    After a year or two, they started advertising it in Turkey and kinda stopped advertising it in different countries.

Until 2006(more or less?) this game used to have more English speaking players than Turkish speaking players.

During 2012(or was it 2013?) NTTGame became the new publishers of "US Knight Online".
    I don't think NTTGame ever advertised USKO in Europe or USA, they did advertise Europe KO (which got merged into USKO) in Europe, or at least English speaking communities from Europe but that's it pretty much.

Would be great if they would start advertise it around Europe and USA but I don't see it happening in the nearly future.. =/

I don't think KO was advertised anywhere by K2 as they were company with no objectives or proper operation management. KO in Turkey got popular as internet coffees were looking for new games to entertain their customers. But as many Turks lack of any achievement in real life, they felt for the first time what achievement tests like with KO which consequently resulted them to became addicted to it. Also, we should not forget that even very lame one was able to do some money by selling items for real money which also fuelled the number of people playing the game.
    But hey look from the bright side, if KO wasn't introduced to Turks you wouldn't have USKO to play. It is expensive to run those servers and others except Turks mostly grow out of the game but they dont so constantly invest more money and enable the company to run the servers

Kinda rude to say '' as many Turks lack of any achievement in real life'' .

Quote Originally Posted by BabyTickler View Post
    Kinda rude to say '' as many Turks lack of any achievement in real life'' .
    I am Turk myself and I lived in that community for years. I had the chance to observe the players and unfortunately that is the truth and I believe that is one of the reason it is widely played in Turkey. But of course that is just part of the story

Ancient Tribesman Moderator Darken's Avatar
    In deep d4rk forest, with thick mists is something valuable hidden.The Village of Golden Tribesman

I think Turkish internet caffe's are main reason for game being spread in Turkey so widely. I heard there were many many there. And of course every internet caffee owner is looking for cheap, or free games to install on his computers, so he dont spend too much money or none.

This way it probably got so popular there. Now Caffe's era is quite over, but players still play the game, as its fun and addictive, as not many other games out there.

If KO was massively advertised world wide, invested into, improved many things like CS, maybe graphics, new areas, and new fun game mods etc, it could be one of most played MMO there is. But I dont think NTTgame has that potential. Game certainly has, which is pity.
    hoDoo likes this.

Banned

Been around since 06 and have yet to see a single advertisement on a relatively big site.

Little archer Senior Member

MMO's or ads weren't that widespread back then I think. It might've had its proper "X mmorpg game releasing this 32/13/200x on US!" in some gaming news sites but that's it. I believe most people just found it in download.com or something lol.

Regardless, it was alright by mmo standards in 2005-2006.

Then turks found it and KO became massively popular there thanks to internet cafes and KO's very forgiving system requirements.

Without turks, this game would not exist right now, not even the private server scene, so I'm a bit neutral on my stance regarding whether turks finding KO was a good thing or not... but I still dislike their behavior greatly.

Ancient Tribesman Moderator Darken's Avatar
    In deep d4rk forest, with thick mists is something valuable hidden.The Village of Golden Tribesman

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    Without turks, this game would not exist right now, not even the private server scene, so I'm a bit neutral on my stance regarding whether turks finding KO was a good thing or not... but I still dislike their behavior greatly.

What about JPKO / KOKO?
    If Turk Great Invasion didn't happen, I think world would be still spinning, and KO would still be running. Different nation would perhaps come, as it seems to be same in most online games that one country is dominating game the most.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Darken View Post
    What about JPKO / KOKO?
    If Turk Great Invasion didn't happen, I think world would be still spinning, and KO would still be running. Different nation would perhaps come, as it seems to be same in most online games that one country is dominating game the most.
    JPKO and KOKO are almost irrelevant now. Their population is as big as the ones of big private servers.

Banned Regular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrRapist View Post
    JPKO and KOKO are almost irrelevant now. Their population is as big as the ones of big private servers.
    where do u get this info from? as far as I remember you have to be a Korean citizen to even log into koko? atleast that's how it was years ago ?
    Adi likes this.

Little archer Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darken View Post
    What about JPKO / KOKO?
    I honestly doubt that.

Then again, if turks didn't come, a large percent of the playerbase wouldn't have quit because of language issues.

No way to know tbh.
    WSxMagicians likes this.

I doubt KO would still be alive or that active without the turks

But yeah we cant really know what would happen =(

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast