Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Advice about account issue

This is a discussion on Advice about account issue within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Good luck guys <3...
Page: 2

stefann

Good luck guys <3

banaanc

OK guys and gals just a quick heads up. I know myself and Festo ( I am sure Phantom will also be doing his bit ) have been trying various contacts with K2 to see what is happening with all these problems with the new restrictions. We will give you answers as soon as we can get them.

My advise is start submitting support tickets about these issues. The "TOS" Terms of Service does not state it is not allowed to share accounts but you wavier your rights to "customer support" on hacking issues. I have been assured that by sending a ticket in you can get you country on the account changed and they can then change the ip to that corrasponding country. If you are sharing I would advise the person who puts the KC or prem on to be the current holder as it will make a stronger case all together.

Spamming these forums or officals are not going to help get this resolved as threads will get deleated You must put a cailm and well thought case towards the customer service department so they will be flooded and forced to take action.[/b]
    Eligibility

Accounts are available only to 1) persons of legal age to form a binding contract and who are not a person barred from receiving services under the laws of the United States or other applicable jurisdictions or 2), in their discretion, their minor child over the age of 13. If you are a minor over the age of 13, your parent or guardian must complete the registration process, in which case they will take full responsibility for all obligations under this Agreement. Under no circumstances will the Service offered through this Website be available to minors under the age of 13. By registering an account, you represent that you are a person of legal age to form a binding contract and are not a person barred from receiving services under the laws of the United States or other applicable jurisdictions and are either accepting this Agreement on behalf of yourself or your child. You may not transfer or share your Account with anyone, except that if you are a parent or guardian, you may permit one child over the age of 13 to use the Account instead of you (in which case you may not use that Account). You are liable for all activities conducted through the Account, and parents or guardians are liable for the activities of their child. Corporations and other entities are not eligible to procure Accounts.

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

This forum hase over 26,000 users and we have an active user base in excess of 3000 people a day. Regardless of any tweaks in the TOS the voice of the masses will show people have a high demand. They say your accoutn can be terminated but normally this is due to serial scammers ( Javier comes to mind ) who keep selling their char over and getting it back.

I myself have played KO in 3 different countries over the last 2 years and will again this summer be playing in a different countrie. Also my work ip is not held by a normal UK based ISP as it is a govement connection. The point is restricting to country based ip&#39;s is not an answer to many problems and unless we as a comunity work together in a cailm collectie manner we will be treated as hot headed children and nothing will change.

I spent most of this afternoon working on a seris of questions and ideas which I have directly submitted to the liasion officer for K2 who actually contacted me for feedback and any issues recently. Yes Ko4life "bends" the rules of KO but we are seen as a big enough voice in this games comunity to make an impact.

Also remember we are bigger than the offical forums and K2 do read what we put and take notice. so do this right and we will get results. The admin team will work our socks off this week end trying to get some solid answer and changes done.

I&#39;m sorry I can&#39;t do any more for now

Diez Orginal Senior Member DrUnKeNmAsTeR's Avatar

orcspyridon mean that this problem with country fix soon
    he said that everybody can change soon his location with a secret answer or a charge of g1 cash [ advantage for Travelling ppl]

I hope they doing anything cuz its a big waste of premium days for shitloads of users

stefann

That is good new Felix!
    Keep going..

Banned

orcspyridon mean that this problem with country fix soon
    he said that everybody can change soon his location with a secret answer or a charge of g1 cash [ advantage for Travelling ppl]

I hope they doing anything cuz its a big waste of premium days for shitloads of users[/b]

change location with secret answer would be a awesome fix to be honest

Also a large amount of users do national service so again this can be used as another reason for the roaming ip&#39;s

Yes, it is against the TOS but it is a reality that K2 is aware of and has never acted against. If they wanted to ban ppl for it they did not need this patch to do it. They could just check the IPs that had logged on the account and the time difference between different IP&#39;s logging on.

To the problem at hand, based on Linus&#39;s replies in the official forums it seems K2 are willing to help get the accounts defaulted to the owners (owner=the one that can provide full payment history) regardless of who logged in first, even if there was account sharing.
    This makes sense in business terms since it is the owner of the account as defined above that is the paying customer and K2 has no interest in accounts being stuck with sharers that cannot/will not pay the premiums. In K2s eyes it does not matter if ALL sharers quit as long as the paying owners remain on the accounts.

Obviously it makes sense not to send a ticket telling them to their face that you have been sharing so no "Hey, its my account but my 12th sharer logged in before me, can I please have it defaulted to my country?"

Linus&#39;s advise, which is probably the closest you will ever get to an official K2 policy for this, is to submit a ticket saying its your account but you let someone else try it before/after the patch and it has now defaulted to them and can they please change it.

http://forum.knightonlineworld.com/forum_e...66994&st=60

and good luck with it

OK guys and gals just a quick heads up. I know myself and Festo ( I am sure Phantom will also be doing his bit ) have been trying various contacts with K2 to see what is happening with all these problems with the new restrictions. We will give you answers as soon as we can get them.

My advise is start submitting support tickets about these issues. The "TOS" Terms of Service does not state it is not allowed to share accounts but you wavier your rights to "customer support" on hacking issues. I have been assured that by sending a ticket in you can get you country on the account changed and they can then change the ip to that corrasponding country. If you are sharing I would advise the person who puts the KC or prem on to be the current holder as it will make a stronger case all together.

Spamming these forums or officals are not going to help get this resolved as threads will get deleated You must put a cailm and well thought case towards the customer service department so they will be flooded and forced to take action.[/b]
    Maybe just an miss understanding by me, but it does say "Only one person may use an account" in their TOS... Though I didnt see anywhere that they say it&#39;s bannable :P

nekro18

Wink

i got hacked some minutes before servers come up i think the ip from that hacked has been registered :S and now i am fucked up i need ya to guys send tickets too pls ? maybe they do something if we all send tickets

Maybe just an miss understanding by me, but it does say "Only one person may use an account" in their TOS... Though I didnt see anywhere that they say it&#39;s bannable :P[/b]

The orginal TOS said you waiver rights to customer support in hacking issues when you "share" your account.

I have just been asked to email some more info on to a K2 staff memeber which I have done , so I am expecting some feedback next hour or so.

shinju

i spammed support tickets last time and they some how banned me for sending any support ticked for 2 weeks so they probly gonna do that 2 but the idea is good ill do it 1 time not more i quit the game anyway

K2 can solve this problem by allowing seal\unseal for all premium users included bronze premium, I post about that long time ago in the official forum, but they didn&#39;t do that and instead they made this stupid patch

Linus has sent me a quick update and asked me to pass this on

I&#39;m in the process of changing the site now so that people can update their location twice a month. This&#39;ll let us keep the functionality that helps us block hackers/farmers while allowing proper owners of accounts to retain control of them. We&#39;re still not going to support account sharing (it raises legal issues), so unfortunately people that share on a regular basis will still probably find it difficult to do so, but this should go a ways to helping everyone out that needs help right now.

Opakigad

I hope he plans do it like in 2 hrs most.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast