Knight Online - Open Mods FTW?

This is a discussion on Knight Online - Open Mods FTW? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Well, I was watching a friend of mine playing WoW (which blows btw) and I start thinking... wouldn't it be ...
Page: 1

NightOwl

Default Knight Online - Open Mods FTW?

Well, I was watching a friend of mine playing WoW (which blows btw) and I start thinking... wouldn't it be nice if K2 let ur players make some modifications to some parts of the game? Like, adding calculators, more space to the skill bar and stuff like that? just a thought, since this game is so badly coded probably cheats would start to pop out like crazy. But hey, wouldn't that improve our game experience?

already tryed it, we need to get something from mgame/noah before we can start it, and also k2 and other company's rules is that we cannot edit gamefiles, which we need to be able to make open mods

OneShot

i've seen an add on to ko. It's an experience meter or so.

it tracks the experince/hour u'r making (i didn't tryed it but it would really interesting to know my exp rate - not in the mood to take a SS @ start and another @ end and do the maths...)

Zulkir

if i dont remember wrong..
    there was a design contest in JAPKO..and the tech team gave the items to the winners regarding their designs..

this means how their tech team is active uncomparable with Mgames (is that the programmer? my poor memory :wub: )

Originally posted by OneShot
    i've seen an add on to ko. It's an experience meter or so. *

it tracks the experince/hour u'r making (i didn't tryed it but it would really interesting to know my exp rate - not in the mood to take a SS]
    i think that was kohack or something.

visi

Originally posted by ballzy+-->
    <!--QuoteBegin-OneShot
    i've seen an add on to ko. It's an experience meter or so. *

it tracks the experince/hour u'r making (i didn't tryed it but it would really interesting to know my exp rate - not in the mood to take a SS]
    i think that was kohack or something.[/b]
    kohack used to have it... when kohack stopped working, one of the guys at FG built their own calc system.

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

Yes KO is MGames property. Im quite sure that japko bought some small rights to make changes like these. New weapons and stuff. No big expancion was made

OneShot

yep, that's it visi

-- edit --
    damn, made a quick reply instead of quoting visi...

Yun_Yuuzhan

I think that would be a terrible idea. Mods improve WoW's experience significantly, but they also make certain things easier to do, especially coupled with the built in macro system Blizzard stupidly provided with the game. Automating actions is a little too easy though macroing doesn't appear to be nearly the problem it is in KO. It enables such stupid moves such as constantly dropping and picking up the flag in one of the battlegrounds, making it difficult for that person to be stopped.

Also, certain mods like decursive, spell alert, CCwatch etc are just plain cheating, and should be bannable since they give easy access to information normally hidden from the user. This is another thing that takes skill out of WoW; the best players use killer mods to their fullest effect to complement their gameplay. And as long as mods use the built in LUA script system Blizzard included with WoW, you can't be banned without warning for using them.

One of the things I miss about KO is it being skill based rather than items/interface based.

NightOwl

Yun, is still skill based, cause ppl with equivalent gear, the winner is always the one with best skills. Although some highly equipped player can pwn other who are more skilled but with weak equipment. But ppl should be rewarded for having good gears too, otherwise would be pointless to farm to have good weapons or good armors. It's just part of the game

Yun_Yuuzhan

Originally posted by NightOwl
    Yun, is still skill based, cause ppl with equivalent gear, the winner is always the one with best skills. Although some highly equipped player can pwn other who are more skilled but with weak equipment. But ppl should be rewarded for having good gears too, otherwise would be pointless to farm to have good weapons or good armors. It's just part of the game
    I agree with half that statement, but as WoW stands right now its a case of the "haves" vs. the "have nots", which was something that Blizzard always said it would never do. It really ruins the game and turns it into a grind just to keep up. I liked how in KO items grant bonuses but they don't make you invincible, and it is quite possible to beat someone with better gear than you if you know what you're doing. In WoW I have been three shotted by someone with superior gear, which really no amount of skill can fix, only gear. :X

TunaFishyMe

TBH, ive seen the enormous difference with items. Everyone say this game is mostly skillbased etc etc. But in reality, items have a massive impact that most people wont admit. I remember when i was 64 or something and got my ROLs. After that, I remember pking was SOOO MUCH easier. I wouldnt die 5 secs to paper mages because of the increase of HP/resist/Mana. Minor healing was not even efficient until the ROLs. When I went HP build, my ap was crap but I wouldnt die nor could I kill without taking a long period of time in a 1 on 1. Once I got shard 8, I could kill and not die. I beleive if I can get my hands on an IN, everything would be even easier. Many people think that with items you can kill more therefore you have more skill. But items makes PKing so much easier. I think some people are confused about the difference between skill and item. Thats just my 2 cents.

Personally, if you took my ROLs from me, skele and gave me MD 7s. I think I wouldnt make half as much np.

Yun_Yuuzhan

Originally posted by TunaFishyMe
    TBH, ive seen the enormous difference with items. *Everyone say this game is mostly skillbased etc etc. *But in reality, items have a massive impact that most people wont admit. *I remember when i was 64 or something and got my ROLs. *After that, I remember pking was SOOO MUCH easier. *I wouldnt die 5 secs to paper mages because of the increase of HP/resist/Mana. *Minor healing was not even efficient until the ROLs. *When I went HP build, my ap was crap but I wouldnt die nor could I kill without taking a long period of time in a 1 on 1. *Once I got shard 8, I could kill and not die. *I beleive if I can get my hands on an IN, everything would be even easier. *Many people think that with items you can kill more therefore you have more skill. *But items makes PKing so much easier. *I think some people are confused about the difference between skill and item. Thats just my 2 cents. *

Personally, if you took my ROLs from me, skele and gave me MD 7s. *I think I wouldnt make half as much np.
    KE certainly didn't help that with the damned accessory compounding. Old KO was far more forgiving in terms of items. More health helps, yes, but look at the difference: 1.7k unbuffed hp on a full str level 62 warrior vs 2.5k unbuffed. It's only about 700 more hp, which does give you an edge, but it doesn't make you invincible. Also, good items did not raise your AP to insane levels (+5 uniques potentially can though. damn KE ). Full str 62 warrior can break 2k AP, but a unique-geared one (All +0s) will have about 1.8k. There's also no such thing as critical hits in KO PK, so luck isn't a factor at all in that regard. Finally, you have comboing, which really does add to the game. Easy to learn, but somewhat tricky to master.

I think you really need to play WoW on a couple different 60s to understand it fully, the PK systems are designed the same, but implemented very differently, showing how skill based KO is compared to WoW and other similar MMOs.

OneShot

Originally posted by Yun_Yuuzhan

... and it is quite possible to beat someone with better gear than you if you know what you're doing...
    That's the thing I have to learn... <_< i don't know what i'm doing in CZ and after receiving a spike+thrust, a familiar message appear :huh: ... and I press OK

-- read my sig to see what's my official is xxxxxxx

TunaFishyMe

ooothats why your name is oneshot xD