Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Allow selling chars back again!

This is a discussion on Allow selling chars back again! within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Don't worry, if we allow accounts to be sold or traded again, we will make an announcement letting you know....you ...
Page: 2

Don't worry, if we allow accounts to be sold or traded again, we will make an announcement letting you know....you won't have to guess if it's okay or not.

what about implementing official forum middleman who make sure the buyer/seller does his part of the deal[/b]
    that's easy to do with items, but with characters, not so much.

Tiba

i have one question.. :S
    whats the point of playing if u cant sell ur char ? =]

Mooshoo

Scamming has decreased at an exponential rate for one reason, the ability for people to use KO accounts as a vehicle to committ fraud was disabled. Allow the ability to sell them again and watch the rapid increase begin. I bought an account from 1likemycolt on this site a few months back. I paid 400 odd bucks for it, just over 3 weeks later he changed the password and took all my unique warrior gear and weapons with it. Turn's out him and his brother have been using this site for a long time to rip people off, constantly changing nicks, doing some smalltime trades for item to get credentials and then scamming their characters back.

They have made a fortune. Most of the trades are transglobal and most of the scammers are 15 yr kids who think they are hardcore gangsters who consider themselves clever to masquerade as a legit seller to rip someone off. There are some good traders here dont get me wrong, but it's just too risky. Listen to the wise words of Psy, he's always known it's dodgy.

i have one question.. :S
    whats the point of playing if u cant sell ur char ? =][/b]
    Um to meet people and have fun playing?

Banned

Scamming has decreased at an exponential rate for one reason, the ability for people to use KO accounts as a vehicle to committ fraud was disabled. Allow the ability to sell them again and watch the rapid increase begin. I bought an account from 1likemycolt on this site a few months back. I paid 400 odd bucks for it, just over 3 weeks later he changed the password and took all my unique warrior gear and weapons with it. Turn's out him and his brother have been using this site for a long time to rip people off, constantly changing nicks, doing some smalltime trades for item to get credentials and then scamming their characters back.

They have made a fortune. Most of the trades are transglobal and most of the scammers are 15 yr kids who think they are hardcore gangsters who consider themselves clever to masquerade as a legit seller to rip someone off. There are some good traders here dont get me wrong, but it's just too risky. Listen to the wise words of Psy, he's always known it's dodgy.
    Um to meet people and have fun playing?[/b]
    Daayaam didn't know you got hacked...With Deva? N-e wayz sry bout that...Crazy story

Well then couldn't we just stay to the present point and not allow character trading for a long while...I think it's better like this, makes less shit in this forum, makes people happier, everyone is good, everyone takes weed, everyone loves everyone. Thats about it

Scamming has gone down alot since we removed account sell, we're still in discussion about what to do with the rule, but for now we still aren't allowing it[/b]
    Phantom seriously.. We all know that there are risks of scamming.. Why wouldn't you let the people risk it.. I think they are all old and smart enough to make their own decisions.. I personally think it takes 50% of ko4life's purpose... Yea i know ko4life wasn't started for that but it was doing a damn good job with it.. Anyways I really don't care since i'm not playing anymore but thats what I think about this whole situation..
    Have fun everyone

Phantom seriously.. We all know that there are risks of scamming.. Why wouldn't you let the people risk it.. I think they are all old and smart enough to make their own decisions.. I personally think it takes 50% of ko4life's purpose... Yea i know ko4life wasn't started for that but it was doing a damn good job with it.. Anyways I really don't care since i'm not playing anymore but thats what I think about this whole situation..
    Have fun everyone [/b]

See, until you're an admin, you're sure that people are intelligent enough to not get scammed. However, once you've done this job, you realize that there are a lot more idiots on this forum than even imaginable. And even though "we all know the risks", people still continue to blame the mods and admins for not preemptively banning someone before he/she scammed them.

For now, we will continue to disallow account selling. We will make an announcement if/when we decide to allow it once again.

Banned Senior Member

Have fun everyone [/b]
    Just like Shurt mentioned, members on this forum do need help. If we were to let members do whatever they wanted, we would have some serious problems on these forums. Back when we told people to not make trades with new accounts or people with 0 posts to risk any scams, they still did it anyways and were scammed or came to us regarding them being hacked. It wasn't untill
    the market mods decided to ban new users from selling for USD that those scams went down

With non premium accounts you can only change the IP once a month, who says the seller hasn't already changed the IP, so the buyer cant change it for at least a month? And what if the person buying the character changes the IP before paying for the account? Seller is out of an account and no way to get it back. Now theres more risks then before for selling/buying accounts other then the owner just changing the information back after the sale

Tiba

Um to meet people and have fun playing?[/b]
    lol
    i was jokin

Royalassassin

booo bring it back

Just like Shurt mentioned, members on this forum do need help. If we were to let members do whatever they wanted, we would have some serious problems on these forums. Back when we told people to not make trades with new accounts or people with 0 posts to risk any scams, they still did it anyways and were scammed or came to us regarding them being hacked. It wasn't untill
    the market mods decided to ban new users from selling for USD that those scams went down

With non premium accounts you can only change the IP once a month, who says the seller hasn't already changed the IP, so the buyer cant change it for at least a month? And what if the person buying the character changes the IP before paying for the account? Seller is out of an account and no way to get it back. Now theres more risks then before for selling/buying accounts other then the owner just changing the information back after the sale[/b]
    Maybe a forum poll is in order?

SuperRajiv The Spasian ResserGD's Avatar

I have to agree with Shurt and Phantom.

Phantom also bring up a good point which i hadn't really thought about (The second paragraph of his post). It is entirely true.

If you look down this thread, you will see that its mainly the older and more experienced members who wish account trading to be possible, and this is perfectly understandable. Its because you guys have been on these forums for a long time, and know how to trade properly. But there are newer members, and alot of them, who are naive enough to trust people here, or simply don't know a safe way of trading (which there isn't one tbh).

And experience doesn't always prevent scams. I have been sold a scammed account before, and i did all the research necassary to find out about the person and the account.. but sometimes it just cannot be prevented.

I can understand why older members feel as if this is the wrong decision to ban account trading though, and however much i think people should be able to decide by themselves if they want to take a risk, i think this time its not the right choice.

Just look at general chat for example, previously every other thread used to be about getting their account hacked/scammed etc, and that they were quitting KO. Its much more cleaner now, with better discussions.

Don't worry, if we allow accounts to be sold or traded again, we will make an announcement letting you know....you won't have to guess if it's okay or not.

that's easy to do with items, but with characters, not so much.[/b]
    Possibly would be a good idea to implement an official forum middleman. Someone who everyone trusts. I can see complications with it, yes, but could possibly be overcome..

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

Maybe a forum poll is in order?[/b]
    Be pointless as we wont allow it for now.

There is a few other issues that we need to look in , mainly to do with a G1 account being attached with the account.

Other big problem is to change the country the new owner would need to log on the account via MYKOL and answer the secrect questions. You would need to give all the info over before they could even access the account. It's a much bigger risk overall now and the idiot factor that is seen in the market section would cause too much hasstle.

Be pointless as we wont allow it for now.

There is a few other issues that we need to look in , mainly to do with a G1 account being attached with the account.

Other big problem is to change the country the new owner would need to log on the account via MYKOL and answer the secrect questions. You would need to give all the info over before they could even access the account. It's a much bigger risk overall now and the idiot factor that is seen in the market section would cause too much hasstle.[/b]
    If thats the case maybe use the same policy somewhere else then also.

http://www.ko4life.com/forums/index....owtopic=238014

TopCat

Forum looks way bette rnow and a lot of scams have stopped.. keep it this way)

Hey cutie Senior Member

Forum looks way bette rnow and a lot of scams have stopped.. keep it this way)[/b]
    stfu, youve bought yourself all the accounts you need, but there are other people who want to sell or buy ok?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast