(almost) tempted to give a try on the steam server, got a few questions

This is a discussion on (almost) tempted to give a try on the steam server, got a few questions within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; hello old friends (well, just friend probably) and others who remember noob me. Well my connexion is probably too unstable ...
Page: 1

Zwn

Default (almost) tempted to give a try on the steam server, got a few questions

hello old friends (well, just friend probably) and others who remember noob me. Well my connexion is probably too unstable at the moment to fully play anyway but ill probably make a char and see if i can have casual fun (is luring on miners fun and/or allowed?)

anyway i got a few questions:
    -how slow can a connexion drop before u d say it becomes unplayable
    -does chaos still exist (only event where gear/lvl doesnt matter so i liked it, altough making it last 30 min was annoying)
    -does almost every item still bind to ur char? (would be a big problem for me)
    -any new events i dont know about? and are the new systems for bdw and lost temple any good?
    -is mining/fishing/genieing still what most pple do ?

As for the discussion about new pple coming into this game im pretty pessismistic tough, the amount of investment (time and/or money) that needs to be made before u actually can decide whether u like the pvp is probably way too high for pple who never have played this or at least have friends who did. And im not even stating the many ways they can screw their games yet (hello candy canes).
    Anyway thanks for answers

GloStix (Prestige ******) Senior Member NuclearWinter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zwn View Post
    (is luring on miners fun and/or allowed?)
    bannable as far as last i heard. You're ruining other players gaming.

Zwn

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearWinter View Post
    bannable as far as last i heard. You're ruining other players gaming.
    it was a joke, and if u knew me back when i was playing u d know it but fair enough, it wasnt clear so my apology. Anyway i d still like answers on my serious questions.

Seriously however, i do think that the "playing while af.k" is what killed the game for me the last time i gave it a try.

(i should probably also take back that candy cane ruined the game coz regiss wont speak to me if i dont)

GloStix (Prestige ******) Senior Member NuclearWinter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zwn View Post
    hello old friends (well, just friend probably) and others who remember noob me. Well my connexion is probably too unstable at the moment to fully play anyway but ill probably make a char and see if i can have casual fun (is luring on miners fun and/or allowed?)

anyway i got a few questions:
    -how slow can a connexion drop before u d say it becomes unplayable ( unplayable for one isnt unplayable for another, back in the day i played ko on like 220~ ping at like 12 fps and did fine. )
    -does chaos still exist (only event where gear/lvl doesnt matter so i liked it, altough making it last 30 min was annoying) ( i believe so )
    -does almost every item still bind to ur char? (would be a big problem for me) I think it was only like that in the original EUKO, as far as i know krowaz binds, rosetta binds, old accesories bind like roc and rol, and a few others, but typically its high level unique armors and weapons that bind.)
    -any new events i dont know about? and are the new systems for bdw and lost temple any good? ( not sure about events ive been gone for like 8-9 months. BDW is bugged to where it sunplayable, die once get teleported out with no rewards and no exp thing.)
    -is mining/fishing/genieing still what most pple do ? ( idk anyone whos ever fished for longer than an hour, mining is still a thing and genie willa lways be a thing seeing as how a lot of people who genie now, used to msn bug to level ( just my opinion no flamerino now) so since so many are using it pretty much everyone does. but i hold the same opinion as you, i ue it, but i hate it.)

As for the discussion about new pple coming into this game im pretty pessismistic tough, the amount of investment (time and/or money) that needs to be made before u actually can decide whether u like the pvp is probably way too high for pple who never have played this or at least have friends who did. And im not even stating the many ways they can screw their games yet (hello candy canes).
    Anyway thanks for answers

Again i agree, but hopefully enough old players come back to make it worth playing
    typed within your message... sorry if its hard to read.