Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

AMD Dual Core + KE = Crap???

This is a discussion on AMD Dual Core + KE = Crap??? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally posted by 0000000+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(0000000)</div> why would you spend a fortune on a nice CPU and keep a piece of ...
Page: 2

The_Dude

Originally posted by 0000000+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(0000000)</div>
    why would you spend a fortune on a nice CPU and keep a piece of shit gfx card like that? crazy...

spend 100 dollars on a average card and your FPS will more than double. get a good card and it will be above 60 all the time.[/b]

Bought CPU/Motherboard combo from local store that had it on sale for $279. If you read my post I said I'm buying a 7600GT soon, I'm just buying the graphics card off the internet where its cheaper so I don't have it yet. Make sense now?

The point is, the vid card provided 30 or so fps with the old cpu/motherboard combo and now it provides 5 for no fucking reason. I didn't know if there was some weird issue with dual core cards that would cause KE to run like crap so I asked.

Originally posted by apoth0r@
    Lots of RAM for KE, lots and lots of RAM

I have 1 gig of memory.

<!--QuoteBegin-Amano

he's fine... i believe the problem here is not KO, but your cpu usage..

whats the cpu usage % before and after u ran ko?

Before running KE I have about 0%-1% CPU usage on both CPU's (dual core), when running KE its at about 50% on both.

Hypnos

Dual processors/cores won't gain you much on games like KO. Game runs in a single thread. But you shouldn't lose performance.

If you reinstalled windows, did you use the new nvidia drivers? The new drivers have issues with KO and some cards. They make the game choppy.

Killgannon

Your 5200 is sooo much better then mine... I bought my computer 3 years ago and I’m still using the POS onboard graphics card that I can’t upgrade and KO runs fine... I think it might be something else…

EDIT: And i'm still on 256 ram... gah.

Red

i have a 5200 ultra and i get forties in cz

edit: then again i have 2 gigs of ram

I dont own a X2 yet, but I know friends that do have X2's, and they assign 1 CPU for a game and not let the OS decide. Prolly thats what is causing the problem.

Dunno what software they use or what drivers they need to install, but do that. Make it so that KO runs on a specific CPU and let the other CPU take care of everything else. U shouldn't get any troubles, even with that 5200.

The_Dude

Cool, thanks for the suggestions guys. I installed the newest vid drivers thinking that was the problem, I'll have to revert to old ones or something I guess. Will also look into what Devile suggested.

Vlein

Originally posted by Die4MePlz+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Die4MePlz)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-Vlein
    if u have a leet processor but shitty graphic card, ur game will still suck
    if ur monitor is example, maxes out at 1280x1024 or something, put it on 1024x***, u might see crap graphics but ur fps will be high, i get around 150fps doing this, and around 50 in server 1 moradon <3

WTF???? i got 20 fps MAX in all places, in a1 moradon i get 5 MAX[/b]
    i have 2gigs of RAM :X

I dont own a X2 yet, but I know friends that do have X2's, and they assign 1 CPU for a game and not let the OS decide. Prolly thats what is causing the problem.

Dunno what software they use or what drivers they need to install, but do that. Make it so that KO runs on a specific CPU and let the other CPU take care of everything else. U shouldn't get any troubles, even with that 5200.

if any1 knows how this is done pls tell me

you guys are gonna lol at me but.. during the week i use a crappy laptop from like 6 years go, i get 5-7 fps in cz, 0-1 in d1 moradon :rollseyes:

RigorMortis

Fps isn't related to video card... It's related to CPU and RAM. Better CPU, better fps, better presence.

Wrong. PC will run as fast as the slowest part. Good CPU/RAM but bad VGA will make u run at 20fps. Same as having good VGA and bad CPU/RAM.

Its all about bottlenecks.

JudgmentDay

Originally posted by Devile
    Its all about bottlenecks.
    +1

king arthur

Originally posted by Vlein
    if u have a leet processor but shitty graphic card, ur game will still suck
    if ur monitor is example, maxes out at 1280x1024 or something, put it on 1024x***, u might see crap graphics but ur fps will be high, i get around 150fps doing this, and around 50 in server 1 moradon <3

explain plz , i got a shitty pc... game works fine but graphics are bad to ( gforce 2 i think.. ) my screen is 21 inch with 2054 x 1500 or something and i get 30 FPS MAX

and at moradon i get lag spikes that take bout 30 secs wich gets me discod :/ so what i do the up my fps

Originally posted by Devile

can u assign cpu?

I know u can but i dont own one yet, so I dont know how its done, but I can ask if u need to.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast