Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

AMD Dual Core + KE = Crap???

This is a discussion on AMD Dual Core + KE = Crap??? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; make certain that you dont have shared video taking away from your RAM... As for the brand, I couldnt get ...
Page: 3

Milkshaker

make certain that you dont have shared video taking away from your RAM...

As for the brand, I couldnt get a GEFORCE to work with my machine because i have other Nvidia controllers built in to my AMD processor/ motherboard etc. Had to settle for an ATI RADEON with 512 RAM and I also upgraded my Computer's RAM. Im not entirely disappointed with the ATI card, getting around 65fps for ~$100 nearly a year ago wasn't too bad.

hmm... maybe time for me to upgrade again...

Protoss Arbiter Senior Member

Originally posted by Devile
    Wrong. PC will run as fast as the slowest part. Good CPU/RAM but bad VGA will make u run at 20fps. Same as having good VGA and bad CPU/RAM.

Its all about bottlenecks.
    It's all about equilibrium rates :wacko:

If you let your OS decide, it will place KO on the one with the most processess, mostly because KO automatically takes up (100 - X) of your RAM, so it'll consider it as the smallest amount of memory needed (confusing isn't it? It's because it can run at any memory but it'll take up ALL used). So it'll run with the biggest processess, and it will lag like shit.

No, I meant for example telling your PC to use one CPU just for KO and the other one for all other tasks u wanna run, so whatever u do on the background (cd burning, photoshop, mp3, etc.) doesnt slow down your game a bit (asuming u got over 1GB of RAM).

Protoss Arbiter Senior Member

Originally posted by Devile
    No, I meant for example telling your PC to use one CPU just for KO and the other one for all other tasks u wanna run, so whatever u do on the background (cd burning, photoshop, mp3, etc.) doesnt slow down your game a bit (asuming u got over 1GB of RAM).
    Was just explaining what happens with what he is using right now.

Perfected

you guys are gay... 198 mb ram ftw... and im pretty sure i have onboard video chip thingy im not even sure how to find out.

Default FX5200

if u using GF FX5200 than I recomend to use old drivers v6121 newest drivers have very bad support for this card, i tested it and with this drivers has the card higest power , its interesting, but its true. reason is that this GK is old shit and nVidia fuk to support it anymore

Husy_The_Turk

u should be traveling around the wrong hardwares. having crazy mainboards,cpus,rams doesnt mean u have a fast pc.
    according to ur problem, i offer u to check ur harddrive.
    1) u should have at least 1.5 gbs in ur harddrive. (especially in the partition where u have ur os installed)
    2)mycomputer>advanced settings>performance settings>visual effects>adjust for best performance
    3)mycomputer>advanced settings>performance settings>advanced>adjust best performance of programs
    4)mycomputer>advanced settings>performance settings>advance>virtual memory,change and ajust ur virtual memory min 1 gb
    5)defragment ur all hard drive incluin all ur partitions.
    6)use ddr rams if possible
    7)if ur bios cpu parameters are not locked try increasing the fsb and decreasing the clock ratio
    8)make sure that in bios ur hyper threading or other techs u are usin (like twin processors) are enabled.

these are some other steps u should follow.

the highest fps i ve ever seen is 105
    my normal fps 45-55

i got gforce fx 5600 and i got 30 fps max, 5 at moradon and sometimes even in cz.
    how can i make it higher? :P

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123