Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Anti-KOXP.. a new way?

This is a discussion on Anti-KOXP.. a new way? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally posted by krankfdb+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(krankfdb)</div> <!--QuoteBegin-OLD1953 KOXP replaces DLL's that are used by the OS. *They can't possibly be patching ...
Page: 5

OLD1953

Originally posted by krankfdb+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(krankfdb)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-OLD1953
    KOXP replaces DLL's that are used by the OS. *They can't possibly be patching the security holes this will leave, MS can't even keep up and they have 1000's of people working on it.

So there will be security holes in these KOXP machines that are not present in machines with original MS DLL's. *Count on it.
    Yes, concentrating on these clients isn't the best solution. The only thing that can be done is capturing network traffic and recognize arrow shower users, auto-healers server-side or on legal-clients. For example, a service checking for unusual sequence and frequency of certain messages for KO. Arrow Shower is an example of this. 2 times a hit of five arrows I think can't be done in normal KO (exept when your standing very close), these guys can be identifyed (maybe not anymore, cause of the new koxp hidding char-names, but there are more possibilities here I think).[/b]
    I used to think that would work, now I don't think so. Too many users from Internet Cafe' Turkyce using the same IP address.

Banning the Cafe' IP addresses would help, but they simply don't want to do that - too much money I guess.

I think they get it that they are just about to lose the game, but they are like that donkey between two piles of hay, they just can't bear to move away from either.

krankfdb

Originally posted by OLD1953+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OLD1953)</div>
    Originally posted by krankfdb@
    <!--QuoteBegin-OLD1953

KOXP replaces DLL's that are used by the OS. *They can't possibly be patching the security holes this will leave, MS can't even keep up and they have 1000's of people working on it.

So there will be security holes in these KOXP machines that are not present in machines with original MS DLL's. *Count on it.

Yes, concentrating on these clients isn't the best solution. The only thing that can be done is capturing network traffic and recognize arrow shower users, auto-healers server-side or on legal-clients. For example, a service checking for unusual sequence and frequency of certain messages for KO. Arrow Shower is an example of this. 2 times a hit of five arrows I think can't be done in normal KO (exept when your standing very close), these guys can be identifyed (maybe not anymore, cause of the new koxp hidding char-names, but there are more possibilities here I think).
    I used to think that would work, now I don't think so. Too many users from Internet Cafe' Turkyce using the same IP address.

Banning the Cafe' IP addresses would help, but they simply don't want to do that - too much money I guess.

I think they get it that they are just about to lose the game, but they are like that donkey between two piles of hay, they just can't bear to move away from either.[/b]
    Just don't ban IP addresses, but take the global unique number of a computer (yes, there is one). Cheater must change hardware to avoid the ban... something he/she won't do twice...

Protoss Arbiter Senior Member

Originally posted by dboom
    It would take just a line of code like this to stop koxp archers :
    IF ((player.distance.monster > 0) && (player.skill.ArrowShovers.arrowsHit()==5) OR player.IP==Turkey ) player.ban("U R STINKY CHEATER!!!");

They will always be cheats in every MMO.
    Problem with ko is that no1 is tring to stop them.It *is sooo easy to track cheaters on server.
    Flawed, because arrowsHit() isn't a function, it's retarded to have arrowsHit() because that wouldn't tell you anything in a game... You'd have declare

function hits.per.second()
    {
    $time = second();
    while ($hits < 6)
    {
    do.hits();
    }
    if (($hits / $time) > 5)
    {
    ban.user();
    }
    }

krankfdb

Originally posted by lutz+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lutz)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-dboom
    It would take just a line of code like this to stop koxp archers :
    IF ((player.distance.monster > 0) && (player.skill.ArrowShovers.arrowsHit()==5) OR player.IP==Turkey ) player.ban("U R STINKY CHEATER!!!");

They will always be cheats in every MMO.
    Problem with ko is that no1 is tring to stop them.It *is sooo easy to track cheaters on server.
    Flawed, because arrowsHit() isn't a function, it's retarded to have arrowsHit() because that wouldn't tell you anything in a game... You'd have declare

function hits.per.second()
    {
    $time = second();
    while ($hits < 6)
    {
    do.hits();
    }
    if (($hits / $time) > 5)
    {
    ban.user();
    }
    }[/b]
    Something like that, yes

Malavon

Originally posted by grzequ
    When did u see a turkish person cheating before the kosp/koxp release?

I've seen them , they were dupeing.

La_cosa

Just patch the day game every day change 2 lines and koxp won't work. Every patch they also have to update. But that is far to hard to do. U must think like k2 Quests were bugged deactivate them. So just deactive all skills and we can throw rocks at each other in pk.

ub3rslart

Originally posted by La_cosa
    Just patch the day game every day change 2 lines and koxp won't work. *Every patch they also have to update. *But that is far to hard to do. *U must think like k2 Quests were bugged deactivate them. *So just deactive all skills and we can throw rocks at each other in pk.
    Turks would find a way to throw 100 rocks at once

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345