Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Anvil BUG :S

This is a discussion on Anvil BUG :S within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; The Anvil isn't 100% random. All programs are made from numerical values that do not allow 100% random outcomes. The ...
Page: 3

Record

The Anvil isn't 100% random. All programs are made from numerical values that do not allow 100% random outcomes. The best Random Number Generators (RNG) are on the highest quality poker and gambling sites like Poker Stars. They use an RNG that is quality tested by an independent company that certifies it's quality in producing the highest level of randomness that a machine can produce. But lets face it, K2 programming is not the highest quality which is proven by the bugs, and compared to the other MMPG games like WOW it's not even close (however the preference in the game itself such as story, pvp, quests etc make it better than such games as WOW IMHO). That said, there will be patterns of randomness that can be used by the skilled upgrader if said person takes the time to try and learn what those patterns are or of finding the increased % to make his upgrade more probable.

Because so many people in this forum "think" they know better about all things gaming, I am including a link to wikipedia on RNG so I don't need to prove my view against others opinions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Random_number_generator

It's just science.[/b]
    Good Response.
    I'm probably never going to discover the pattern, so ill just assume it's random and burn everything.

Giggle.[/b]
    Thats an awesome cartoon in your sig, I always forget to call shotgun...

cjd5

Yes, all fuking times when i go to anvil i get it and so i start burn all my items... this problem come out when u start upgrade a lot of items in a row, for example is easy get it when u try make a undy set with grade 1 armor for go to +7/12hp. Basically when u get this bug all your upgrades go fail.... +3 to +4 fail.... +4 to +5 fail and so on.. for stop this u just need close and re-open the anvil window BUT if u want upgrade some cool items like shard+7 to +8 and u want use the classic method ( burn 6 or 7 fp+7 first) and u get the bug this mean ull burn all your shards without get 1 fuking +8 thats why u are bugged and in other words u are wasting your trinas that in other words mean u are wasting 15 usd each time! I think for the last conclusion K2 will never fix this bug, so i want ask here if someone have a solution!!! someone told me u can use this bug for make +7 or +8 items more easy, if u get this bug while u are upgrading items with for example normal scroll and then u change the kind of scroll for example blessed scroll for upgrade your next item then u have better % of success.. i tried with 3 chitin+5 and maked 2 chitin+7 i know maybe i was lucky maybe not need test it...but im poor for waste money in test!

need some comments

ty guys and sry for my english![/b]
    Well your a dumb f.u.ck as there is no anvil method THAT WORKS and never will be, the anvil is 100% random no matter what anybody thinks and when you burn aload of items do not come bitching to everyone about it because the people here won't make you feel any better but flame you.

Banned

anvil upgrade turns around luck

anvil is all about luck , in old ko u could have tricks wich actualy worked but in ke its all fucked up

Banned

Well your a dumb f.u.ck as there is no anvil method THAT WORKS and never will be, the anvil is 100% random no matter what anybody thinks and when you burn aload of items do not come bitching to everyone about it because the people here won't make you feel any better but flame you.[/b]
    well, i think u didnt understood me...i need explain all better but my english sux... i do not say there is a method for upgrade better or no...!!! the topic is about a BUG on the anvil...u know what is a BUG??? for example u get a invite party in elmorand while u are useing the gate for moradon...u will bugged because u cant get in a new party and u need relog!!! same for anvil...i get a bug for upgrade a lot of shit and then when im bugged all my items burn...and isnt bad lucky is a bug and for fix it u just need close the anvil window...
    Before flame peoples try count till 10...i study eletronic and informatic thats mean that i know what is a random process and how make it in C for example..but i know also that a 100% random process cant be made...and i say also that every software in this world cant be perfect there is always a bug inside...peoples can find this bug and use it like they want..anvil code is not perfect!! i found this bug out and it broke all your items!!!

"anvil is all about luck"

i agree

well, i think u didnt understood me...i need explain all better but my english sux... i do not say there is a method for upgrade better or no...!!! the topic is about a BUG on the anvil...u know what is a BUG??? for example u get a invite party in elmorand while u are useing the gate for moradon...u will bugged because u cant get in a new party and u need relog!!! same for anvil...i get a bug for upgrade a lot of shit and then when im bugged all my items burn...and isnt bad lucky is a bug and for fix it u just need close the anvil window...
    Before flame peoples try count till 10...i study eletronic and informatic thats mean that i know what is a random process and how make it in C for example..but i know also that a 100% random process cant be made...and i say also that every software in this world cant be perfect there is always a bug inside...peoples can find this bug and use it like they want..anvil code is not perfect!! i found this bug out and it broke all your items!!![/b]
    Go test your so called "bug" before calling it as such, when its most likely just a streak of bad luck.

liquidkk

well i remember making +8 1st grade stuff back at ke and +3 to +4 was about 90% (like 2 max 3 burned from full inventory of +1 to +4)
    since rodf came out maybe abit earlier i was getting pissed off because +3 to +4 was bugged (about 10 maybe more burned from full inventory of +1 to +4)
    so it might be bugged cant say for sure

firenewbie11

How the hell would you know if its a bug until its too late, and what is the differences between (break all your upgrades) bug and just bad luck? I mean I could go ahead and upgrade like 10 +3 items and with bad luck i burn like 7. Do i call that bad luck or do blame it on bug? Or say if I upgraded something like 10 +8 items to burn so i could make a shard +8 and they all burn as expected and I tossed on shard +7 with Trina and BUS and that burns. During that process your "bug" could have been what has burned your items meaning your shard would not have a chance of going to +8 but you didn't not know its was the bug at work since you EXPECTED all +8 junk to burn.

Bug or not, you would not know and you would only call it a "BUG" as an excuse for your run of bad luck.

Banned

How the hell would you know if its a bug until its too late, and what is the differences between (break all your upgrades) bug and just bad luck? IBug or not, you would not know and you would only call it a "BUG" as an excuse for your run of bad luck.[/b]
    is a bug coz if u have 25 or more +3 items in your inventory and u try make a +4 from all this 25 u will burn all your 25 items if u are bugged... and this is impossible! coz bad luck or not some +4 need be get out!!

One for the Anvil knowledge market.

Luck?

There is no such thing as luck in the computer programs, just the chances generated by the code and the time.
    You can't say that if I have luck I will success at 23:59:59 and if I don't have luck I will fail at that time.
    There can be only one result that occurs at that time.. and that doesn't depend on the luck.

sexyrexy

One for the Anvil knowledge market.

Luck?

There is no such thing as luck in the computer programs, just the chances generated by the code and the time.
    You can't say that if I have luck I will success at 23:59:59 and if I don't have luck I will fail at that time.
    There can be only one result that occurs at that time.. and that doesn't depend on the luck.[/b]

if a computer is programmed to pick a number from 0-100 and if >90 succeeds then you basically have 10% chance of upgrade meaning if you succeed you are lucky

if we knew the anvil worked the server would have 12389178932107890793287089 +10's
    and it doesn't
    meaning all of our ideas are just mere speculations

Apollus

the Anvil depends on how the game is programmed... If they did use a sort of language that manages to have randomness or a "dice" style of randomness in it then yes the anvil is random, however if the game has a number line (e.g 1-100) and that each different item uses a different number for use of success at a certain "+" then thats the way the anvil will be, i'm not sure what the KOREANS (not K2 so dont blame them for the shit programming) used to program the game but if they did use a language which supports a RNG style of play then like i said they used that system, but if they used a language which only provides set or ordered styles then they used that. If anyone is wondering stop thinking about the Anvil and think about the drop rate on each and every monster. I'd think it WAS set but NOW its just a Percentage or random drop rate. Personally you can think of the anvil in two ways; A Dice or A Raffel Ticket

Btw ur claiming you have a "bug" on the anvil but u actually dont its like everyone said it is to do with luck (or possibly which number ur at in the success que dependin on how they programmed the game). There IS NOT A BUG it just seems like there is I have upgraded many paper armours to +7 so i wud know if there was any "BUG" or not and there isn't trust me.

For everyones information in the original Knight Online there was a way to get to +7 100% and to +8 99% (i know because i remember LORDARK doing it right in front of my face after a server restart and asked me to keep a tab of what happened on the anvil) and he also made the first +9 in KO (at least i think it was the first +9.. well was the first non-gm made +9 in xig at the very least) and he sent me a file on how to do it which i didnt understand but w.e... yes there was a method but i am led to believe since KE there has been no method and is more of a "Dice" sort of style. But then again they cud've just made it like 1-2000000000 and only numbers 10, 59, 100, 23958 and 72348 are successes (well not exactly like that but u get the point)

if a computer is programmed to pick a number from 0-100 and if >90 succeeds then you basically have 10% chance of upgrade meaning if you succeed you are lucky

if we knew the anvil worked the server would have 12389178932107890793287089 +10's
    and it doesn't
    meaning all of our ideas are just mere speculations[/b]
    And you do know how the number from 0-100 is picked?
    Please give me a formula, which consists such variable as luck in it.
    It's either time.. or CPU temperature or any hardware working frequency (these 2 are bit different from timeseed).. but not luck.

Maybe I make a problem from tiny thing, but really.. using the word luck is silly.
    Well of course you could say you were lucky after seeing the result, but not that anvil depends on the luck.

if u want my comments.. the anvil is completely about luck, all claims of upgrading methods are as valid as superstitions that certain people value as "true" in real life.[/b]

and what kind of script programer did to write a luck theoreme ^^

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast