Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

any 1 ever been trade scammed ?

This is a discussion on any 1 ever been trade scammed ? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Actually not true, more then once when I traded with people, the other pressed ok by mistake without waiting for ...
Page: 2

Actually not true, more then once when I traded with people, the other pressed ok by mistake without waiting for me to put in the item. I traded him it to him immediately after and reminded him to pay close attention in future trades.

Trade scamming is a very simple scam which can easily be avoided by taking one's time, but purposely attempting to rob someone of their items/noahs is still a scam no matter how simple it is. Or whether or not you think they should have checked closer first. If the intent to trick the other is there, it is a scam.

Remember also that some fairly young children play this game too, the person you "get over on because they were too foolish to check" may in fact be a 7-10 year old kid who is not as likely to pay close attention. Though the fact that some people in this game may enjoy getting over on 9 year old kids is also true..

DragonFire

I know one of my friends got scammed like that, but it was a trusted friend so when he canceled it he didn't really think of looking again he just clicked trade.

Lag0nx

zuhahaha
    your fualt[/b]
    as i said
    ",i still think i should be shot for clicking confirm"

Banned Senior Member

Someone tried it on me once, but I knew of the "cancel trade, switch items" trick.

Have never been scammed ingame

haha this was very popular back in diablo 2 days, like 5 years ago or whatever. If anyone falls for this now they're just foolish =\.

flamthrow

what if it was a +8 md he accidentally put in there and was like "oops wrong md trade back pls" .. u, not being a scammer would give it back ?[/b]
    I would and I already did was a rol tho in that case.

seanthesharkJR

i think it is a funny thing too do .. and atleats 6/10 have tried it on a turk

wideload620

a md8 id take it unless i knew them

i think it is a funny thing too do .. and atleast 6/10 have tried it on a turk [/b]
    Hmmm the "I tried it so most others must do it too" reasoning /turk bashing. You sir are highly original. I commend both you and your creation of this thread.

Banned

I would and I already did was a rol tho in that case.[/b]

ok .. what if u seen some noob trying be a "show-off" by flashing ppl his RoL drop in merch and u unexpectedly appear w/ 20gbs and b4 he can close merch are able to trade 999,999,999 noahs for it .. u, not being a scammer, give it back ?

i never got trade "scammed" but i got merchant scammed.. it's a bug. i saw a silver bar for 1 coin and i was like and i bought it. then i look at info screen "Lost 500,000,000 coins" i got owned bad

you have to be seriously retarded to get "trade scammed"

Banned

you have to be seriously retarded to get "trade scammed"[/b]

or seriously stoned B)

Banned

Its entirely ur fault...not the scammers. Its like not blocking trade on a boss.....Dont bitch about them,take the necessary precautions and ull be fine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12