Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

About dual core processors

This is a discussion on About dual core processors within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; One my friend (he isnt playing ko tho) just bought a new computer with a64 2X 4400+ processor etc. Well, ...
Page: 1

Default About dual core processors

One my friend (he isnt playing ko tho) just bought a new computer with a64 2X 4400+ processor etc. Well, I just wanted to install KO there to see how is it like to play with a good computer. It all worked great but, EVERYTHING is happening like two times faster than with normal computer. I can run with swift faster than lightfeet, cast healing so fast - I can do everything so fast lol. I also tried at my other friend who also has dual core processor and same thing, everything so much faster.

Soon, more and more ppl will buy this and it becomes a "little" unfair for other ppl with normal processors -.- Whats your opinion about that, is it bug abusing using a dual core processor?

Default Re: About dual core processors

Originally posted by nesma
    One my friend (he isnt playing ko tho) just bought a new computer with a64 2X 4400+ processor etc. Well, I just wanted to install KO there to see how is it like to play with a good computer. It all worked great but, EVERYTHING is happening like two times faster than with normal computer. I can run with swift faster than lightfeet, cast healing so fast - I can do everything so fast lol. I also tried at my other friend who also has dual core processor and same thing, everything so much faster.

Soon, more and more ppl will buy this and it becomes a "little" unfair for other ppl with normal processors -.- Whats your opinion about that, is it bug abusing using a dual core processor?

i think if u have one u wont downgrade just for ko , but maybe its just bad setting ( by k2 / mgame not ur friend )

priest_

Default Re: About dual core processors

Originally posted by nesma

happens with counter strike. you need to change the core that it uses.

Its a clear bug. KO is not working properly with dual cores CPU. So ppl like your friends run twice as fast, some other got less than 10fps.

sexa

dual core processors are new and not standardised yet, but not being used widely right now and would stay that way for some more time. mgame cant let dual core cpu users to have advantage. they would make a new patch in some time

The_Dude

Here is my post on dual cores - http://www.ko4life.com/forums/viewtopic.ph...ighlight=#70336

I was getting 5-10 fps EVERYWHERE, regardless of what was around, etc.

I got my new video card in the mail, and now it works better, but still not as well as it should given my system specs. The only thing that is at warp speed is the opening scene with the leaves falling and the battle mace dangling. The game itself runs at regular speed like it always has.

I don't see how it'd be an advantage to dual core users, since you aren't actually doing anything any faster then you normally did. It just shows up faster on your end, but probably at regular speed on other peoples end.

Originally posted by priest_

Changing the core that it uses is a giant pain in the ass. Normally you right click the program in task manager, click Select Affinity, then uncheck one of the CPU's and you're done. However, when you try that with KE it says access denied.

Someone posted a reply in my topic (linked above) on how to change it for KE, but it involved editing the registry and stuff.

evenson

Originally posted by The_Dude+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The_Dude)</div>
    Here is my post on dual cores - http://www.ko4life.com/forums/viewtopic.ph...ighlight=#70336

I was getting 5-10 fps EVERYWHERE, regardless of what was around, etc.

I got my new video card in the mail, and now it works better, but still not as well as it should given my system specs. *The only thing that is at warp speed is the opening scene with the leaves falling and the battle mace dangling. *The game itself runs at regular speed like it always has.

I don't see how it'd be an advantage to dual core users, since you aren't actually doing anything any faster then you normally did. *It just shows up faster on your end, but probably at regular speed on other peoples end.

<!--QuoteBegin-priest_

Changing the core that it uses is a giant pain in the ass. Normally you right click the program in task manager, click Select Affinity, then uncheck one of the CPU's and you're done. However, when you try that with KE it says access denied.

Someone posted a reply in my topic (linked above) on how to change it for KE, but it involved editing the registry and stuff.[/b]

What video card you using? I was using a x850XT and i had that super fast opening but shitty fps ingame, btw im using a regular amd 2200+

what exactly goes twice as fast? animations? My pc is pretty fast but not dual core, but i have the leaves falling very fast at the start, certainly double speed. there is already an existing bug with all CPU's that sometimes halves animation speed and sometimes doubles it. I think that this has existed for a long time and it is only being amplified by high-end dual core processors.

The_Dude

Originally posted by evenson
    What video card you using? I was using a x850XT and i had that super fast opening but shitty fps ingame, btw im using a regular amd 2200+

I had a NVIDIA 5200 but now have an NVIDIA 7600GT. For the game I put my resolution on the middle one (there are 3 in the list), and put all the stuff on high with shadows, weapon detail, etc. and now I get 70-90+ fps a second while sitting in eslant. Not sure how it will perform with lots of people around as I just changed the settings about 5 minutes ago, but I figure 50-60 with the odd ball dump to 30 something.

Killgannon

I want dual core processing speeds... ugh. My comp is 4 years old now ;

Phosgene

my cousin has a dual core proccessor , he determine one proccessor to use some of the proccesses running , and other proccessor to use other proccesses .
    its simple , and the computer runs fast like shit .
    i mean just think - all the anti virus and regular progrems run on one proccessor , and games and heavy proccesses is running on other proccessor...
    just huge .

fucking need to get a new computer...

Optic4l

Originally posted by giga
    fucking need to get a new computer...
    yeah same here -_-

ViSeH

Got my computer for like 8 years now

Fantasy

My computer at work:

Intel Pentium 4 D 950 Dual Core 2,6 ghz
    Asus GeForce 7900 GT 256MB DDR3

Don't be jalous about my computer it's only at work because I work in game devellopment sector We get new pc every 9 months Leaves are also falling very quickly for me but for the rest I'm having no trouble. Very sweet FPS by the way ^_^

My computer at home:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Manchester
    MSI Radeon X1600 XT 256MB DDR3

Also the leaves but for the rest no trouble.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast