Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SnapCracklePop

Any recent expansions or something?

This is a discussion on Any recent expansions or something? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Sup guys, long time no see! Haven't played for ages and I'm curious what are the newest game updates? Show ...
Page: 1

Default Any recent expansions or something?

Sup guys, long time no see! Haven't played for ages and I'm curious what are the newest game updates? Show me some fancy new items and events plz

Rise Online World. Look it up mother fucker.
    black likes this.

Senior Member ˡᵒᵛᵉ ᵏᶤˡˡˢ ˢˡᵒʷˡʸ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StonedFreerider View Post
    Sup guys, long time no see! Haven't played for ages and I'm curious what are the newest game updates? Show me some fancy new items and events plz
    no updates, game (USKO/STKO) is pretty much owned by a Turkish company

/the end

The Korean devs suck. I think the engine is so old it takes months to release anything into game. Then it's full of bugs for a year XD

Nothing new only some new idiot Holy Knight Armors.

Anabolic Senior Member Euphoria's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StonedFreerider View Post
    idk how long you didn't play so I'll try to guess on the new stuff you probably didnt know / met in game :
    1) Dark knight weapons ( Spear / shield / bow /jamadar / dagger/staff / Axe (kurian) )
    2) Holy Knight armor (almost the same as korwaz - cooler imo , got a lil better HP bonus but less resis if im not mistaken , higher AC ) --> Lets say I used krowaz set 8 and not holy set 7 .much better .
    3) UTC Event (getting some nice items such as Pontus rings /ararat ring / Moonlight - buju - azagai (not new as the dark knight weapons but still newer than CHD or eagles eye lol) - very nice weapons.
    4) Akara's auction house - you can bid on some unique items - accessories - named : Akara's Elf Metal Earring / Akara's Iron belt / Akara's Iron neck etc... it has 1 more stat point on a specific stats . lets say ROL +0 has 7 dex ? So AKARA's rol has 8 Dex . (IDK if its 7 or 6 w/e lol)
    5) you can go to rev 83/10 , that's the max currently . so you hit 83 --> get to 100% --> reversing your char to 83/1 (you gain 3 points to add into your stats (dex-hp..etc..))

There is probably much more , but tell me what ever you didn't know about the above list I would love to give more information .
    I'm currently playing in STEAMKO - Cypher , the english community is in growth now .

**There's a big hype about Rise Online - IMO you can't judge until its officially out , lets wait and see .

after they tryed to make it better with curse weapons and failed hardcore... there u go with Holy Weapons and armor just to fail the game lil bit more !! XD dont even think about going back

I tried to look up MGAME and I couldn't find any real information about the company, besides the location of it's HQ in Korea. I also found the CEO in LinkedIn, but there wasn't much information about him either. I have no idea if the company is just sitting on it's money, now that they've successfully milked a dead game for over a decade, or if they are actually trying to develop it further. It's entirely possible that they don't have any actual employees at this point and they don't develop other games either.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    I tried to look up MGAME and I couldn't find any real information about the company, besides the location of it's HQ in Korea. I also found the CEO in LinkedIn, but there wasn't much information about him either. I have no idea if the company is just sitting on it's money, now that they've successfully milked a dead game for over a decade, or if they are actually trying to develop it further. It's entirely possible that they don't have any actual employees at this point and they don't develop other games either.

MGAME

they have a lot of games, they have a lot of employees , they are a stock market company on south korea, they just don't care much about this game. ko isn't their main source of money why would they waste time on it, their main source are some weird mobile games for korea market. turk company can't allmost do anything on the game or they lose their licence. they have acesso to a lot of the main code but they can't change it. korea don't want to touch that old spaghetti code cause they would had to put a lot of resource on it. not worth . this way korea keeps getting some money from the game wasting allmost nothing on it and turk company keeps getting a lot of money they just have to keep it playable.

Quote Originally Posted by SEDE View Post
    MGAME

they have a lot of games, they have a lot of employees , they are a stock market company on south korea, they just don't care much about this game. ko isn't their main source of money why would they waste time on it, their main source are some weird mobile games for korea market. turk company can't allmost do anything on the game or they lose their licence. they have acesso to a lot of the main code but they can't change it. korea don't want to touch that old spaghetti code cause they would had to put a lot of resource on it. not worth . this way korea keeps getting some money from the game wasting allmost nothing on it and turk company keeps getting a lot of money they just have to keep it playable.
    Interesting. I wonder how many of those games are in active development and what their player bases are. It's also interesting that KO completely stands out from their other games, but they use the same website template for their games as they used for KO back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    Interesting. I wonder how many of those games are in active development and what their player bases are. It's also interesting that KO completely stands out from their other games, but they use the same website template for their games as they used for KO back in the day.
    they have adress --- they have news---- they have their stock price ..... sometimes you need to use google translation ... they work with a lot of other companys and they have a youtube channel .... on the youtube channel they show their office and 2 employes show on the video that work directly with ko ... i will post youtube channel later

all big patchs for ko come on their news ... it's on korean .... but if you use google translation you get it... it can give you some advantges in the game ..... at least on market....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c40R61SviY

official knight online youtube channel .... this video show a bit where they work ..... of course they had to use mask there are some scary people playing this game , better be safe . at least now you know there are people there. check the other videos they allways make small changes on the game.

https://github.com/srmeier/KnightOnline

here is a link with an old knight online source code.. is an old project but you can check the code just to have an idea how dificult it would be to change this game code. some code is the same has today other is not but you can learn a bit with it. i found a bit about damage calculation .
    Last edited by SEDE; 12-10-2020 at 06:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SEDE View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c40R61SviY

official knight online youtube channel .... this video show a bit where they work ..... of course they had to use mask there are some scary people playing this game , better be safe . at least now you know there are people there. check the other videos they allways make small changes on the game.

https://github.com/srmeier/KnightOnline

here is a link with an old knight online source code.. is an old project but you can check the code just to have an idea how dificult it would be to change this game code. some code is the same has today other is not but you can learn a bit with it. i found a bit about damage calculation .
    Difficult in they way that most people that worked on it originally are no longer a part of the team. Understanding and modifying the code will take a lot of time and resources but it's doable, however they don't think this projects worth the time for them probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Knoxville View Post
    Difficult in they way that most people that worked on it originally are no longer a part of the team. Understanding and modifying the code will take a lot of time and resources but it's doable, however they don't think this projects worth the time for them probably.

the code looks like it was made by one main person that knew a lot but was not organized, without that person they have to waste a lot of time fiding what is link to what. cause the code is like spaghetti if you touch something it will create a random bug somewhere else cause the way it was made. you can see that the formulas where well made but the way everything is linked is a bit crazy to understand. afther they waste a lot of time understanding it they have to waste a lof of time re writing it .... all that resources are not worth .... doing a game from start using this formulas would be the best option .... like rise is trying to do .... but there is a problem with that.... if you do the game from start like rise is trying even if you use all the formulas you will never get the same feel of gameplay that ko have..... you will get something close a copy that isn't the same ..... that's why they only do small changes from time to time .... and even those small changes take a lot of resources to do.... somethings that would be easy to do in any new game are hard to do with this old code.