Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any safe alternatives to KO?

This is a discussion on Any safe alternatives to KO? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I haven't been able to get in game for weeks now and I really want to play. Even if it's ...
Page: 1

Realsies

Default Any safe alternatives to KO?

I haven't been able to get in game for weeks now and I really want to play. Even if it's a private server. The only thing is, 99% of PS's have virus/trojans/etc....

Are there any private servers out there that you'd recommend?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Realsies View Post
    The only thing is, 99% of PS's have virus/trojans/etc....
    Bullshit. asad10

_.-~=FackaBitch=~-._ Senior Member Gaudior's Avatar

check the private server area. and it's not true that every private server have trojan lol. nobody would play them.

Incineration

I'd recommend you Life KO, the server has just restarted, so you will enjoy your pk there

Beholdlove

if u want a pure pk based server i suggest to try sexyko --> http://sexyko.net/#home
    Its a very good server average of 50 ppl in cz, crowded in the evenings/weekends.
    Only its in beta atm the owner of the server is doing a beta to test his project. -->Board Message . Beta should be over in a few weeks.
    All skills are working now from 1- 83. It takes like 2-3h to reach the max level. Everyone starts with +8/0 which is the max rate. Only things that are farmable are biffrost/FT items, Wep def and 2h giga. Donators can buy valk armors which give them an advanatage of 100 ac which isnt that big.

Overall a good server! been playin it for 7 months now

Realsies

Quote Originally Posted by IamStillAlive View Post
    Bullshit. asad10
    Obviously an exaggeration but it's mostly true that most PS's (not just for KO) have virus/trojans.

Also, thanks for the suggestions. I will look into them.

Banned

Alright 90% of the ko server have viruses huh?
    Please show me 5.

PlayIt2TheLimit

They dont actully have a virus or trojan they just show up as false positives if the person running the server is stupid.

TNM

Quote Originally Posted by IamStillAlive View Post
    Alright 90% of the ko server have viruses huh?
    Please show me 5.
    I haven't tried 5 diff private servers, but to name you one: sexyko shows up as a trojan eventhough it is probably a dead one. Though it wasnt just knightonline.exe being flagged but also the s-shield which is custom (who knows). Most private servers have those falls positives because the owner was too lazy to put any effort in taking em out as the basic client comes with a dead trojan.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TNM View Post
    I haven't tried 5 diff private servers, but to name you one: sexyko...
    You named me a server with a fake virus, i didnt ask for that though.

Realsies

You guys can say what you want, doesn't matter to me, but you're the ones crying when your items are stolen on the real KO. Yes I know about false positives. I used to pack trojans/keyloggers/reg stealers myself (about 5 years ago when I was into that sort of thing) so I am always very cautious. You might be confident in what you do, have fun with it doesn't matter to me in the slightest. You're probably the ones posting your IP in the "Can't log in? Post here" thread of the official forums. LMFAO @ those people.

How about you guys go out, download EVERY single KO private server there is (not just the ones posted here) and come back and tell me how many viruses you have (excluding false positives by shitty A/V's)

PlayIt2TheLimit

Why not just setup a virtual server to run the PS in and see if it has a virus. virtualbox is a great application but you need to torrent a .iso or use a windows installation disc.

KataNoob Senior Member blood_warrior's Avatar

Most knightonline.exe's detects as viruses because they have been hex edited.
    If you're a chicken and dont want to risk getting any viruses, then I recommend that you make your own exe.

Realsies

Quote Originally Posted by blood_warrior View Post
    Most knightonline.exe's detects as viruses because they have been hex edited.
    If you're a chicken and dont want to risk getting any viruses, then I recommend that you make your own exe.
    LMAO, if I'm a "chicken". I really think you should go kill yourself just for saying that. It made you sound so fucking stupid it's not even funny, actually it is.

KataNoob Senior Member blood_warrior's Avatar

By "chicken" I did not mean you in person.
    My message applies to everyone that doesnt have any clue of what a virus is, but still avoids them like they were sent from hell itself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast