Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Anyone who can recommend a nice MMO

This is a discussion on Anyone who can recommend a nice MMO within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; im going to play aion when it comes out....
Page: 4

toniskuusk

im going to play aion when it comes out.

Vishnu

I've done everything you can do in wow already :P which is also why it said in the topic that i was looking for another game and NOT WOW :P
    @ Vishnu, i tried LOTRO once :P got kinda stuck/bored when i ended up planting a cornfield at 3am [/b]
    Did you try monsterplay? You dont actually have to lvl a freep (hero), if you like pvp you're better off just playing a monster char, there's enough quest and ranking up for new skills to just play it.

McGuff1

I tried Archlord for a while but it really lagged my computer where WoW didn't. Best I could get from FRAPs was 15. It also turned into quite a grind by lvl 35 so I gave it up.

JustAnother

Air Rivals is such a gooooood game

bleh.. th eonly decent/good game i know is rohan online.... which is still closed beta right now or something, cuz a lotta friends from school were waiting for this game to come out, but i think they quit waiting cuz took too long. Anyways, if you dont mind waiting, im sure this game is pretty good, i saw the Ss's and videos, gameplay and crap seems nice.

Razyrfist

I know you said "not wow" in your subject, but im going to recommend it anyway.

Exping is rarely a hassle as it is in KO. In KO, you seem to have endless grinding in order to level. This is not true in wow. You have quest after quest after quest to perform in WoW, which keeps leveling from being a chore.

There are only english speakers who play wow on American servers. You find no turks and by the same token, its extremely rare to find cheaters or hackers.

The PvP in wow is incredible. All PvP events have some underlying purpose, whether its to capture a flag or to capture and defend resources until one team has gathered enough. You can enter these events at any time and the PvP brackets are divided into 10s. For example, an 18 can fight a 19, but not a 20. and a 20 can fight a 29, but not a 30.

Often, you will find rare drops off of any mobs and you can enter "instances", where you and your group enter a personal dungeon to kill elite mobs. This will often get you rare drops. These drops, if you dont need them, can be placed in the auction house to sell. This is kind of like merching, only you can sell more items and wow does not have to be running.

I recommend wow, because it is the best MMORPG i have ever played. I'm sorry if i got on your berves for posting about it, but i wanted some people to know some of the reasons its so good.

I know you said "not wow" in your subject, but im going to recommend it anyway.

Exping is rarely a hassle as it is in KO. In KO, you seem to have endless grinding in order to level. This is not true in wow. You have quest after quest after quest to perform in WoW, which keeps leveling from being a chore.

There are only english speakers who play wow on American servers. You find no turks and by the same token, its extremely rare to find cheaters or hackers.

The PvP in wow is incredible. All PvP events have some underlying purpose, whether its to capture a flag or to capture and defend resources until one team has gathered enough. You can enter these events at any time and the PvP brackets are divided into 10s. For example, an 18 can fight a 19, but not a 20. and a 20 can fight a 29, but not a 30.

Often, you will find rare drops off of any mobs and you can enter "instances", where you and your group enter a personal dungeon to kill elite mobs. This will often get you rare drops. These drops, if you dont need them, can be placed in the auction house to sell. This is kind of like merching, only you can sell more items and wow does not have to be running.

I recommend wow, because it is the best MMORPG i have ever played. I'm sorry if i got on your berves for posting about it, but i wanted some people to know some of the reasons its so good.[/b]

Except i've done everything you can possibly do in wow :P ;>

World of Kung Fu is awesome, same original KO-developers (PVP / Forging / Uniques items), except the US liscensed version sucks

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

The PvP in wow is incredible.[/b]
    Sry but i do wanna giggle on this 1. Arena may be fun but wow aint a pvp game and it better not pretend to be 1.

Oh and besides, did u copypaste it from some fansite? :P

Razyrfist

Sry but i do wanna giggle on this 1. Arena may be fun but wow aint a pvp game and it better not pretend to be 1.

Oh and besides, did u copypaste it from some fansite? :P[/b]
    Lol. Nope, all me :P

I do love the pvp in wow, tho its completely based on preference. I love the missions you have to complete in pvp, where you dont just run around killing stuff. You have an underlying goal, like to capture a flag, etc.

Yea, wow is mainly a game based on exping and leveling, which is fun . But when you think youve done it all, find a random group and kick some alliance ass. Its the only way :P

Lol. Nope, all me :P

I do love the pvp in wow, tho its completely based on preference. I love the missions you have to complete in pvp, where you dont just run around killing stuff. You have an underlying goal, like to capture a flag, etc.

Yea, wow is mainly a game based on exping and leveling, which is fun . But when you think youve done it all, find a random group and kick some alliance ass. Its the only way :P[/b]
    I dont criticize ur opinion. Its upto u what u like. But thing is that i like ganks, i like big fights, i like sieges where theres hundreds of ppl, i like pvp where u need to use ur brain, i like pvp when u gain/loose upon kill or death, i like 1v1's, i like arena thingys (like wow has now and l2 soon), i like when in endgame u can do smth (not like in ko), i like the game where ur ment to pvp. Easy as that :P

Fag

I dont criticize ur opinion. Its upto u what u like. But thing is that i like ganks, i like big fights, i like sieges where theres hundreds of ppl, i like pvp where u need to use ur brain, i like pvp when u gain/loose upon kill or death, i like 1v1's, i like arena thingys (like wow has now and l2 soon), i like when in endgame u can do smth (not like in ko), i like the game where ur ment to pvp. Easy as that :P[/b]
    Well i must say that those grindfest korean MMOs dont have endgame at all(except L2), but wow has everything that i need for perfect gaming...

WotLK(comming expansion) offers siege battles, this is the only reason im waiting for it

There are BGs and ofc world pvp (If you play on a PVP server, not some gay RP where 12yo kids are), also arenas that only WoW has

WoW is the only game where you need brains to do 1v1 2v2 3v3 or 5v5, you need different tactics against different classes

WoW is the only game that doesnt have click to move system(well except Requiem that came out recently), you move with WASD there, which makes pvp alot more fun and and entertaining

But since you are a L2 fan i wont argue about that h34r: L2 is a great game but kinda outdated to me, i cant play it anymore cuz it just got boring to me(can also be the reason that i never had a good guild in L2, and the last time i played L2, C4 was the latest chronicle)
    But tbh i dont play wow anymore, just sometimes with my ex guildies chars when they go on vacation

Well i must say that those grindfest korean MMOs dont have endgame at all(except L2), but wow has everything that i need for perfect gaming...

WotLK(comming expansion) offers siege battles, this is the only reason im waiting for it

There are BGs and ofc world pvp (If you play on a PVP server, not some gay RP where 12yo kids are), also arenas that only WoW has

WoW is the only game where you need brains to do 1v1 2v2 3v3 or 5v5, you need different tactics against different classes

WoW is the only game that doesnt have click to move system(well except Requiem that came out recently), you move with WASD there, which makes pvp alot more fun and and entertaining
    But since you are a L2 fan i wont argue about that h34r: L2 is a great game but kinda outdated to me, i cant play it anymore cuz it just got boring to me(can also be the reason that i never had a good guild in L2, and the last time i played L2, C4 was the latest chronicle)
    But tbh i dont play wow anymore, just sometimes with my ex guildies chars when they go on vacation[/b]
    Well yeah im a l2 fan. Lets put it like this, wow will never have the sieges as l2 has. L2 will never have the arena system wow has.

C4 is ancient history. Back then ncsoft thought that nerf is a must. It was a reign of necros who were as dumb as paper turk mages in ko and destros on frenzy equiped with a bow. Since then alot has changed. L2 had a nice endgame at C4 already with subs. Now its even more bigger.

L2 has WASD movment also but it sux. Not omg eww but just pretty pointless to use. But some are using it, i know a glady in retail whos made it pretty famous. Kinda like zero and his combo, all are imitating it.

L2 is far from outdated. Graphics are better than most games atm, content is HUUUUUUUGGGGE, updates are coming from NCsoft all the time. Garcia is pretty much giving a 3rd continent and makes l2 look like aion with air battles and stuff.

About brains and pvp. Yeah i like the wow battles, they seem rly kewl. But in l2 u need brains, in C4 u just needed gloom, ds ds ds ds ds; target, shoot shoot shoot shoot; frenzy shoot shoot shoot, well not that easy but u know what im talking about. Now u need brains, in IL its dif, gets even better in kamael, hellbound and garcia will make it look like whole new game. Anyways, u cant do shit without skills and brains. :P

Ground Zero

U will never find a game like KO, dunno why but all the other games have the movement so different than ko.

Plus u will never find that much drama in other games, the same drama all of us enjoy and the same drama keeps us playing ko[/b]

Damn - I was hoping one there was a game out there with KO style movement and targeting. I returned to this forum to search for one. KO movement was superior. Played WOW and got bored. Tried LOTRO recently and its a WOW clone.

Why can't I find a decent game where I can slide and chase my cursor with autotargeting like KO? Someone find one please!!! :lol:

Razyrfist

Damn - I was hoping one there was a game out there with KO style movement and targeting. I returned to this forum to search for one. KO movement was superior. Played WOW and got bored. Tried LOTRO recently and its a WOW clone.

Why can't I find a decent game where I can slide and chase my cursor with autotargeting like KO? Someone find one please!!! :lol:[/b]
    Rappelz maybe? I played it a while ago. I know you move by clicking, but I dont remember if you can slide.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast