Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Archers...

This is a discussion on Archers... within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I see so many nowadays... Are they good again? Did they make them stronger in some way? I'm thinking of ...
Page: 1

Default Archers...

I see so many nowadays... Are they good again? Did they make them stronger in some way? I'm thinking of making a Rogue, I already have an Archer clan I can join (Turkish) but I'm not sure if I should go archer or Assassin... Can anyone help me?

Edit: Also, is it possible to play KO without babaing $100's of dollars or spending 100's of hours? or are those days dead?
    Last edited by KillU; 01-06-2015 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KillU View Post
    I see so many nowadays... Are they good again? Did they make them stronger in some way? I'm thinking of making a Rogue, I already have an Archer clan I can join (Turkish) but I'm not sure if I should go archer or Assassin... Can anyone help me?
    archers do fine, but they are better when u have more archers in one party.

Little archer Senior Member

archers are gimmicky, they don't stand out at all in any aspect be it damage or utility... they can be trollish in a party full of them, that's where they're most useful / effective.

an archer solo is useless, despite being only a variant of the safest solo class (sin), there's not enough damage to do anything unless you're ridiculously geared. even an archer duo or trio wouldn't be as effective as a sin party of a similar amount.

the way i see it, they're vastly underpowered in most if not all tasks. subpar utility, subpar damage. all of their older strengths and unique abilities are gone:
    -heal cancelling combo (heavily nerfed due to cooldown implementation)
    -styx usage (heavily nerfed due to meta changes, every class has like over 7k mana so it doesn't even matter)
    -best pve dps (now it's lower than warriors due to cooldown implementation)
    -town sniping (newer towers completely negate this)
    -more utility based playstyle in parties than sins (less effective due to damage being so high nowadays that minor healing barely helps teammates, ice and light shot also never work due to everyone having 100+ resistances)

soo unless you have an archer with +9s or higher, or a well coordinated archer clan, don't even bother with them. you will not win a single 1vs1 (unless it's against an idiot) or be more useful than any other melee attacker class in a pve or pvp party... well, maybe slightly better than a BP still.

don't let ignorant people fool you, an archer in current ko is niche and not really viable in most circumstances.

Banned Senior Member

archers are trash unless you have 6 of them in a party sort of like attack mages now-a-days. useless in melee parties( with the exception of you are crazy over geared than it can be useful ofc)

Banned Senior Member

I used to go Full AP archer back at the beginning of Carnac West. Had the servers best bow at one point with a +9 Reverse Iron Bow early in the servers life. Running full AP build I would just solo KS the shit out of people. That's about all an archer is good for. KS'ing because people don't want you in their party, or find a party that will accept you and you can finish people off as they try to run away. That's about it for archer in KO at the moment.

Also, is it possible to play KO without babaing $100's of dollars or spending 100's of hours? or are those days dead?

Polak Extraordinaire Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by KillU View Post
    Also, is it possible to play KO without babaing $100's of dollars or spending 100's of hours? or are those days dead?
    way dead m9, only way would be to find a sharer who does one of the two and play on his acc

was two archer parties in cz other day half noobs half with OP gear this is anatoila btw so noob is +9 WF OP is +10 WF was alot of dead bodies when peeps came close feel sorry for priests

SEXIEST NOSE ON EARTH Senior Member SheldonCooper's Avatar

buy +10 azagai bow from a GM and you should do fine as archer xD

Quote Originally Posted by SheldonCooper View Post
    buy +10 azagai bow from a GM and you should do fine as archer xD
    he only sell rof+5 still waiting on Krowaz +10

isnt windforce better than azagai?

azagai+7 has 148 ap i have it on kk it's sick

Quote Originally Posted by SheldonCooper View Post
    azagai+7 has 148 ap i have it on kk it's sick
    at what +?

dont forget windforce has dex and the curse effect.

+7 148 ap and 85 elemental

oh...

thats higher than i thought. is it easier / cheaper than a windforce? because windforce also has that stupid -70 ac... but the effect adds a fun minigame to the otherwise dull comboing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast