Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Archers - The Ksers

This is a discussion on Archers - The Ksers within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally posted by Doc I personaly get enough kils, but I agree with fagyar we need atleast the battle bow ...
Page: 3

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

Originally posted by Doc
    I personaly get enough kils, but I agree with fagyar we need atleast the battle bow or siege bow ( not totemic, that would be unfair to all other classes and thier would be no more sins )

Cama me old m8 I think that you will find that arrow Def ( or atleast some of it ) now works zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz hence the reason we need a better bow
    its always worked a little...but not enough to make a difference :/

Doc

Originally posted by camaz0tz+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(camaz0tz)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-Doc
    I personaly get enough kils, but I agree with fagyar we need atleast the battle bow or siege bow ( not totemic, that would be unfair to all other classes and thier would be no more sins )

Cama me old m8 I think that you will find that arrow Def ( or atleast some of it ) now works zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz hence the reason we need a better bow
    its always worked a little...but not enough to make a difference :/[/b]
    Dunno m8 I tested a priest pauld in arena and the diff was around 150 - 200 per shot, thats a big difference

Cava

Originally posted by Malavon
    <3 archers , only class that i can't actually kill , i'm not talking about styx cuz i got my mana burned by 1 archer over 100 i fought (yeah that's true only 1 % use Styx). Arrows breaks spells casting , if you dont do this , stop shot for 1 second and then continue , when he will come up to you to use manes he will prolly try do this from max range wich is higher then AS range.. so just move 1 step infront he might not notice it ^^.

i love Archer class , when my bro was an archer up to lv 61 i loved playing his char (he doesn't let me play much :P) , but now when his sin it's just boring.
    actually ANY class can beat a mage in a 1v1. only thing is whether he knows hwo to pot or not. ( n if high resists to magic)

Solstice

Archer is weak in comparison to sin, party or not. Only real use is styxing and curing.

Originally posted by Solstice
    Archer is weak in comparison to sin, party or not. *Only real use is styxing and curing.
    Damn good that I haven't knew that otherwise I would still be buying NPs and I wouldn't be able to make quite many warriors flee 1vs1 :P

Omg but now I know Selling lvl 64 useless character :blink:

Sarcasm ftw... I doupt that doc1 and wyntr and tlax would own most of human sins who are same lvl and trust me I am not kidding <_<

well i love you dmoino but look there are some good archers
    i alwaaaays lost 1 vs 1 with recoman because he is good archer
    frankhaya is good archer to ..
    perceas good archer to..
    because they have great items
    its just you need very gg items for archer
    archer with gg items = pwnage
    you already got a good bow now go save for chits+8 or rols

Doc

Originally posted by Solstice
    Archer is weak in comparison to sin, party or not. *Only real use is styxing and curing.
    Hmmmm kkmen zzzzzzzzzz n00b

Solstice

Originally posted by wagyar+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wagyar)</div>
    Originally posted by Solstice@
    Damn good that I haven't knew that otherwise I would still be buying NPs and I wouldn't be able to make quite many warriors flee 1vs1 :P

Omg but now I know Selling lvl 64 useless character :blink:

Sarcasm ftw... I doupt that doc1 and wyntr and tlax would own most of human sins who are same lvl and trust me I am not kidding <_<[/b]
    Comedian. Not really sure why you are attacking me when I am for improving archers but I guess egos take over sometime.

<!--QuoteBegin-Doc

Hmmmm kkmen zzzzzzzzzz n00b
    uh who are you?

An archer who could own you little ass. :rollseyes:

Now, i'm not a famous archer who has over 100k np and has kills every 2 minutes, but i've been archer for almost all my time playing KO and i can contribute:
    From my time playing, i've found out the hard way that its true that archers at low lvl (60-64) should not solo. Even with the best gear you'll have a hard time killing most targets with SH. Variable dmg, shells and arrow shields, rogue's natural low ac combined with standing still to shoot, you have a lot against you. Your place is in a party complementing other people's dmgs, styxing, curing and sometimes minor healing. If you dont have the patience to be a support member, do not plan to level to 65 or higher, or do not love being an archer, reskill or start another char.

Now, about doing all the killings or soloing when you're 65, i'll write something when i'm there

About a new bow, i do think the next bow should be implemented, but not above that, like a siege bow i think, if that is implemented arrow def should work. the next bow will definetly even things out a bit for the lower leveld archers...

dmoino

At last a good opinion from Goathorns
    Only ask one thing!!! Dont be mad at me if I ks u B)

taugrim

Default Re: Archers - The Ksers

Originally posted by dmoino+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dmoino)</div>
    Well im a archer LvL 61 and im talking against me. We cant kill in cz without ksing someone.
    Im sort of new to pk (only have 12k) *
    But in all my life of pk I killed like max 10 ppl without ks[/b]
    At level 61, you aren't going to own people, regardles your class.

If you want more solo kills, be selective in your targeting. Try attacking enemy mages and battle priests on their flanks. You can hit them, they won't know which direction you are coming from, which way to retreat. Element of surprise FTW.

<!--QuoteBegin-dmoino

I have ibow+8 and with dd on it gives me around 1500 ap.
    now put any char against me 1v1 and you wil see what im talking about
    About the 1v1 thing...99% of the time in CZ combat is not 1v1. It's a lot of people in a small area. So your point has no relevance, unless you have machismo issues and want to be able to say "I can beat anyone 1v1".

Everyone ks's everyone else in CZ. That's life. The reality is most players attack the nearest (or near) target. That people single-out archers is stupid.

If you are having problems killing people, ditch the dagger def. Archer is the 1 build that can do fine WITHOUT dagger defense. You don't need it, because of ranged attack + LF + MH. Throw on +dex armor instead, boost your attack.

If you want to have close combat, sin is a better fit.

Originally posted by dmoino
    I think we need better bows
    It would be cool to have a better weapon, but +7/70 IB (or in your case, +8/80 IB) is good enough, esp when you consider the range of the weapon.

IMO it would imbalance the game if archers were given higher ap bows.

EDIT: OK, I went and looked at the bows list, and I agree with some of you that battle bow (ap's: 105--125-131-140) would be acceptable, and that it wouldn't imbalance the game. Any other better bow would though.

Archers are fine for PK, if you know how to play them. Esp when you have multiple archers in a party, and they know how to play together.

i personally think that they should either:

- implement battle bow, or
    - Increase damage to Ice Age values (SH 300%, DP 350%) and arrow shower 6 arrows.

Wouldnt a arrow shower with 6 arrows be 600% damage, equaling to spammable spike but in stnding still archer form? :mellow:

what about when they lift the 70 cap i dont really remember the archer skills but i heard they get some really good ones.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast