Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Are archers really strong - PK wise

This is a discussion on Are archers really strong - PK wise within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Wouldnt an archer party that stand in the same spot rocks? some one come z+all shoot on him and he ...
Page: 5

Lag0nx

Wouldnt an archer party that stand in the same spot rocks? some one come z+all shoot on him and he dies almost instantly?.

Than Manes is noob server <_<
    Or it&#39;s just you 1v1 noobs[/b]
    there are 80 ppl on manes now.

Conclusion is,Archers are for people who can&#39;t combo [my opinion]

Conclusion is,Archers are for people who can&#39;t combo [my opinion][/b]
    its what you enjoy, i dont enjoy run around spam keys like a fool.

i just want to shoot ppl

Banned

With the duff fest that CZ is a lvl 80 archer can just sniper people easy.

At lvl 80 would a hybrid Archer be any use?[/b]
    depends what skills u want .. for pk dun think worth since not have enuogh for both lvl 70 skills .. but for bosses i think lvl 77 or 78 u can vampiric/drain and arrowshower and LF .. i think .. i had it all figured out before i sold my rogue

Old owner of the new owner

My buddy who bought it was not that great as an archer but had godly items, I have not seen him for a month though since my internet was down since yesterday. [/b]
    he bought ch0z3n at lvl 74 w/ my +8 shell set and was sin .. last i seen he sold shells and went archer .. ncs still disabled <_<

They are archers not tanks! Thats like saying all INT preist do is heal or duff. Or how about those damn mages that TP, and cast novas.[/b]
    +1

bottom line if u playing for 1v1 ability archer would not be anyone top choice

i went orc side.

talk about, +200 more per arrow now
    stupid weak humans ..

WafflesAndCocaine

archer is fun easy to ks , yep i dont stick around for a vs either :P i keep my shards just incase i feal like goin back to sin here and there. archer vs assasin , assasin will win most likely depening lvl and gear. exactly why i dont stick around for vs&#39;s and just shoot what i see.

SillyHo

Ive been archer my whole time in ares and I still enjoy it. Archer is by far more of a party creature if played correctly. There are many warriors in ares who will be able to tell you how hard I can hit as well as how well I can cure/heal. It is not a very good solo char but is not totally worthless in 1v1 either. Gear does obviously determine alot as it does with most character classes but the ability to styx/stun/ice also plays into it. And if its OK for people to not tank my shower than I also assume its OK for me to run out of your pathetic melee distance and continue to light you up like a candle from range.

:wub: silly

i was blessed to be part of 1 of the most amazing "archer" partys ever( :P )

me apolon apostilo robin_hood lex(ice mage) aenima(priest)

i was only lvl 68 at the time but all 3 of them were lvl70&#39;s w/ uber gear and lex and aenima are legendary pkers
    made 30k np during like an hour killing spree defending emc .. never seen anything like it .. at 1 point we were in middle lunar valley surrounded by all orcs all back-to-back and it was like 10 mins of just z shadowhunter z shadowhunter z shadowhunter ..
    lol fukkin crazy .. but yeah was to few and far between

#1 key for archery pk is having pr0 priest[/b]

isn&#39;t that the key for any pr0 pk party?

deviouz420

Archers are at a tremendous disadvantage when compared to the sin. Arguably the most important among these is the inability to minorheal during attacks. Our defense and HP are insignificant compared to the warriors. Spamming hp pots are simply inadequate for a rogue. Also there is the matter of a sin being able to combo. It&#39;s still not clear to me whether this is a bug or not but in any case the fact remains. I can&#39;t say for sure about level 80 archers yet, but archers are simply more annoying than formidable foes in your 70&#39;s and 60&#39;s. With great gearing of course, your survivability skyrockets. However as far as your offense goes, you are simply the party support. In the case of a 1 v 1 it is a bit different. If you have a poorly played opponent, you are able to arrow shower. This does an immense amount of damage if all 5 arrows connect. Unfortunately, most well played characters will utilize the dragged out s-r combo to avoid it. Archers do make a great support member in the party. A well shot styx will drive priests insane. Your healing is also superior to a priests in some ways due to the fact you are able to run while healing party members simultaneously. I&#39;ve seen a peculiar tactic of Archer pvp a few years ago. 7 archers and 1 priest would stand at a designated spot. With the priest as bait, they would all "hide". Once their "Z" targeting found something in range, there would be 7 arrows released together. Needless to say, the opponent would go down in the blink of an eye. Still...an archer&#39;s rating in PvP is in my "opinion", one of the lowest of all classes.

luckysz

archers = boring
    assassin = woot

go assassin. i wish i did -.- i wish i had money to redistribute too

Shane1911

Conclusion is,Archers are for people who can&#39;t combo[/b]
    Yeah - OK, noobcakes. Whatever.

Archers dont ks, ppl ks us.

Shot at 2007-07-06

Shot at 2007-07-06

Shot at 2007-07-06

Shot at 2007-07-06

Shot at 2007-07-06

well u killed me too, but compare my items to wagyars -> +9 earrings, WP or PP - not sure, elf belt and dual kekuri rings +0... not mention +7 chitin set...
    ... and i never run from 1v1 as archer, and i never had a gear close to wagyar ... funny as ppl mention only ppl who made videos... i still beated wagyar in few 1v1 when he had rols and i was 61 against hes 63/64 - got screenie from this 1v1 but who cares... also killed apositlo 4 times in a row back of HB after 4 time he never came again... i never made a movie coz i never care [/b]
    Mario you fatass, you beat me once when I was hybrid and I couldn&#39;t minor :lol: You didn&#39;t mention all those times when I whooped your ass :P Nvm noone can say who is best, some have other favorites and some hate them and I am not only talking about archer players, but classes generally. I say archers are as good as any other char if u know how you play. But Mari0 is right, only those who make videos people remember. No1 would talk about me if I wouldn&#39;t have made videos, wich is wrong....Doc1 was amazing archer, some others too got too little attention.

If you wanna play archer, play and you do fine if you remember have fun. If you don&#39;t like do something else...what suits you best play it, no1 else can tell what to play.

Ps. I don&#39;t remember loosing any warrior who is sliding...If archer has weapon def armour there noway warrior does enough dmg by sliding compo...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast