Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Archery: STYX 'em up

This is a discussion on Archery: STYX 'em up within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; so for the last couple days in cz i've been lugging around about 5 styx everytime i leave base...finally started ...
Page: 1

Banned

Default Archery: STYX 'em up

so for the last couple days in cz i've been lugging around about 5 styx everytime i leave base...finally started getting the hang of using them last night and today... so far i've been able to solo 2 fully shelled rogues w/ glowy +8 md's by waiting til they spot me then hitting them w/ styx as they start to run towards me...by the time they are on me i'm hitting them w/ SH and w/ 1 or 2 pots (like 2-3 SH) they are down...both times i red ball..but what usually is me being pwned easily or running my ass off is now a real deal battle

what exactly is happening when i styx someone and does styx work like SH as far as accuracy?

:angry: still not been able to get right up on anyone for AS :angry:

morax

When you styx them they have no mana - well i think it takes 3K mana off them so for a rogue they will have none. This means they have to mana pot maybe (if they dont use minor heal combo) they dont have time to use the HP pot after it and are dying. Who knows.

Apostillo is the worst for it, i hate that guy always gets me killed because of styx.

redfieldTnT

lv 70 archers suck big fat dick
    i can solo any archer fuck u all whoever u are from

doc1 (legit high lv kick ass archer) to
    crazy_a (duping hacking kohack using shit fuck)
    i can solo any archer fuck tanking thats not prudent
    slide archer hes shit no matter lv 60=70
    g/l sirchadwick i hope u go assasin

/end_archers_suck_fat_dick_rant

Banned

are they accurate like SH?

morax

As far as i know its 100%

SiegeR

when i was archer i always stix when he red balled so he cant hit me or run away either.

imma cut you up Senior Member lIIIIIIIIIIl's Avatar

archers aren't meant for soloing, end of story. they're good in parties for purpose of styxing and additional damage. its more like a support class tbh.only way to solo as archer is probably running the HB-12-OB route, along with mages.

Yun_Yuuzhan

A well timed styx on the priest can kill a whole party, but I can honestly say I've never personally died to one that hit me. Hit a soulpot and you're back np, the loss of one hp pot will not kill you.

If they gave the next tier of bow (battle/long bow) like I've said then maybe archers would be a little more useful, but then again a ranged class that does too much damage is pretty gay (aka Hunters in WoW)

xourico

do u think 300/900 damage is low for a archer in KO?? <_<

they hit full shelled warriors arround 400 and paper mages/BP for 900, sorry, to that add a styx, sorry, but archer are very usefull, its all about timing and skill, they are usefull and they can solo most of class, except maybe strong BPs debuffers

but no one can defeat a good lvl 70 debuffer

Originally posted by xourico
    do u think 300/900 damage is low for a archer in KO?? <_<

they hit full shelled warriors arround 400 and paper mages/BP for 900, sorry, to that add a styx, sorry, but archer are very usefull, its all about timing and skill, they are usefull and they can solo most of class, except maybe strong BPs debuffers * *

but no one can defeat a good lvl 70 debuffer
    ur talking about archers with iron bow +9/90? because so far not 1 archer has hit me 900 before. apolon_bg from tormentors hit me only 600-700 and he's lvl 70. (and that was during when i was a lvl 64 bp with poor jewels, only 580+ def)

TunaFishyMe

archers are deadly in a group. 5 archers together would be death for anyone. Plus if they are on vent all target one guy. But alone, they are poppycocks

Originally posted by TunaFishyMe
    archers are deadly in a group. *5 archers together would be death for anyone. *Plus if they are on vent all target one guy. *But alone, they are poppycocks
    same goes for mages. deadly in a pack.

then again there's always some way to counter it in one way or another. IMO lets say a party of 5 lvl 70 archers vs a lvl 70 warrior and 4 priest should do the trick ^_^ . meh make it 3 preist, i think that would do. when the archers styx the priest, they can't attack, n when they attack the warrior together, priest heals. they attack the priests, another priest heals.

all depends on the player.

PamelaAnderson

Originally posted by TunaFishyMe
    archers are deadly in a group. *5 archers together would be death for anyone. *Plus if they are on vent all target one guy.
    I wonder why you dont hear about a party of 7 archers and a priest anywhere.

There are tons of archers leveling

As tuna said, it seems like it would be quite effective.

sexa

Originally posted by Yun_Yuuzhan
    Hit a soulpot and you're back np, the loss of one hp pot will not kill you.
    thats a big mistake imo. i remember the times that i turned back to life with around 10 hp. and hp pot is 720

TunaFishyMe

Ideal party would be 5 Archers, Duffer, Full Healer, Defensive mage. Thatll just rape everyone.

The mage parties I see are kinda homosexual. Most of them are Paper mages. Usually I see two mages and run towards them, lag for 4 secs, then die from like 7 novas. But on the occasions where I dont lag cuz of the novas, MS, firebelt, wait for novas to drops, and they are free np. Im sure 6 complete mages/paper mages who are pimp daddy, 1 rogue (lupine), 1 full healer would be an awesome party.

Sin parties are pretty deadly too. I dont know many people who can take 4 spikes and 4 thrusts lol.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast