Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Archery: STYX 'em up

This is a discussion on Archery: STYX 'em up within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally posted by TunaFishyMe Ideal party would be 5 Archers, Duffer, Full Healer, Defensive mage. *Thatll just rape everyone. * ...
Page: 2

imma cut you up Senior Member lIIIIIIIIIIl's Avatar

Originally posted by TunaFishyMe
    Ideal party would be 5 Archers, Duffer, Full Healer, Defensive mage. *Thatll just rape everyone. *

The mage parties I see are kinda homosexual. *Most of them are Paper mages. *Usually I see two mages and run towards them, lag for 4 secs, then die from like 7 novas. *But on the occasions where I dont lag cuz of the novas, MS, firebelt, wait for novas to drops, and they are free np. *Im sure 6 complete mages/paper mages who are pimp daddy, 1 rogue (lupine), 1 full healer would be an awesome party. *

Sin parties are pretty deadly too. *I dont know many people who can take 4 spikes and 4 thrusts lol.
    sin parties r VERY deadly but very cheap IMO.bcause they're stealthed it makes it all the harder to spot them.

Yun_Yuuzhan

Originally posted by xourico
    do u think 300/900 damage is low for a archer in KO?? <_<

they hit full shelled warriors arround 400 and paper mages/BP for 900, sorry, to that add a styx, sorry, but archer are very usefull, its all about timing and skill, they are usefull and they can solo most of class, except maybe strong BPs debuffers * *

but no one can defeat a good lvl 70 debuffer
    Lol? I've never died to any archer 1v1, not even level 70s. The problem is they never hit above 600 on warriors so unless they're running with a duffer, they're just wasting time. Bps are a crappy class IMO, so squishy with their 500 ac. :wub:

I use a soul pot so I can go back to hitting you. You can't minor heal combo and let's face it, hp pots are extremely easy to outdamage with comboing these days. I'm not going to tank you for long because of arrow shower, and while sliding I'll get hit with 2-3 arrows max. Archers just can't beat warriors solo. I agree a group of them would be pretty nasty though.

Banned

Originally posted by SotongPoo
    archers aren't meant for soloing, end of story. they're good in parties for purpose of styxing and additional damage. its more like a support class tbh.only way to solo as archer is probably running the HB-12-OB route, along with mages.
    not the fact that i was out in cz soloing...i don't feel that i am well enough equipped, high enough lvl or got the skillz down PRO to be able to run around cz trying to solo anything...tho i have been able to pick off a stray mage every now and again in 2 or 3 shots...i'm just saying that now instead of feeling helpless when caught in the lurch thanx to styx i feel i got a half ass chance of pulling off a kill...and i fully agree w/ the support class concept i've heard on this forum numerous times...nothing like a party w/ 2-3 archers locking in on the same target along w/ a few paper mages for pyrotechnics :P

wako0

stupid sins with their stupid lightfeet always running away :angry:

stupid archers with their stupid arrowshower..allways owning me :angry:

PamelaAnderson

Stupid mages with their novas parties always nova'ing at the same time using vent. :angry:

Crap I dont even have time to pot before pressing ok.

mc_macking

Styx the mages. I can tell you from experience, it really pisses us off. :P

leftclaw

Originally posted by mc_macking
    Styx the mages. I can tell you from experience, it really pisses us off. *
    That made my day.

And pal, I'll take note of that.

OohYouTouchedMyTraLa

Last night I had a 3v1 (2 sins and 1 archer) and it was kinda hard cus the archer was spamming styx so it was kinda hard to take him out first. They were kinda noobish tho, but still they redballed.

Archers cant spam styx, thats their problem. Archers are only effective in a group battle where they can be protected, they are weak alone. They resemble mages more than assassins.

I think they should give them the battle bow and let them minor heal whilst shooting, then it will be more balanced with other classes.

cRuX

Originally posted by 0000000
    Archers cant spam styx, thats their problem. Archers are only effective in a group battle where they can be protected, they are weak alone. They resemble mages more than assassins. *

I think they should give them the battle bow and let them minor heal whilst shooting, then it will be more balanced with other classes.
    if they did this they need to fix arrow defense then..

TunaFishyMe

minorhealing on archers would be too easy. They dont combo so they only spam two buttons.

so why is it ok for warriors to hit 600 damage WITH spear defense, but not for archers to hit for 500 without arrow def. I am just making suggestions to address the imbalance. And 500 is on rogues, lvl 70 archer hits priests and warriors for below 400 usually.

Sabao

well youve to see that archers hit priest for 400dmg using long range, i bet that a priest would prefer a sin tanking them an archer

Yun_Yuuzhan

Originally posted by Sabao
    well youve to see that archers hit priest for 400dmg using long range, i bet that a priest would prefer a sin tanking them an archer
    But that's the point, 400 damage is nothing. I run away from solo archers all the time, no need to spam pots. They aren't worth fighting because the smart ones will just lightfeet away and shoot again. They're never fatal that way nor will they die so why bother? Just return to your party and ice them real fast if they get duffed and fail to cure fast enough.

I don't think the totemic bow should be in but the long/battle bow definitely should be. Archers have two bugs against them: sliding and comboing. They can do neither so they suffer in 1v1. In parties they're still effective as support to finish off that tormented sin/mage trying to get away, particularly if you have two.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast