Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Ardream

This is a discussion on Ardream within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by MyDestiny KK let me explain myself... In CZ ppl have way to high states... So if some1 ...
Page: 3

Little archer Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by MyDestiny View Post
    KK let me explain myself...

In CZ ppl have way to high states... So if some1 isn't getting cured ASAP (unless it's bp or Mage) he can still be ok (unless it's many ppl on you and then it doesn't matter), in Ardream if you don't get cured right away even 1 man can kill ya...

I think because that in Ardream ppl have lower hp it need more skills to save your buddies, especially when priest doesn't have group 10k heal and like Lavie said Mage dies fast with duffs..

And +1 to zeca, small party is always more fun.
    the same way it takes "more skill" to survive, it takes a minimal amount of skill to score kills on duffed targets. just press 1 button all while remaining stealth for the entire fight.

and with an absurd amount of gear (what the "pro" dcz players usually pk with) it gets even easier to both survive the duffs, and score kills.

now add an average dose of coordination, and you got yourself a team impossible to beat for all the other random noobs, despite a possible disadvantage in numbers.

is that fair? lately ko is just no fun at all for me. but if cz pk is repetitive and dull, then dcz pk is even worse, imo.

edit: talking about fairness of the zone mostly, because now that i think about it, stomping noobs is always fun.

@zeca -q

O_o Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by kaosblade View Post
    Eh i've played a lot of adream as an archer and this is definitely not true. There are several classes that are noticeably weaker skill wise compared to sins. For example, archers are missing shadow shot in DCZ which hurts there damage a lot. Priest end up only having 960 heal if buffer (And no 300ac either). Haven't played much mage there. War Missing Scream and sword dance. Mean while sin has spike which is main skill at all levels.

But as you said if you know how to play your class well any of them can thrive. Just easier as a sin :P.
    Archer is the only class that I can say is weaker, simply coz of its slow hits... Even with as ms combo, people simply slide and it's not effective.. That's why archers need to pk in a party...

And warrior doesn't need sword dancing nor scream, just get +8/+1 and you can do good (especially with duffs)

About priest, you can go for 1200 buff / 1920 heal build if you like.. I think it's a good thing that you have to pass on something to get something else.

And Mage is gg, the only problem is that he need high hp and dd so he won't die so fast when he is duffed.

Quote Originally Posted by MyDestiny View Post
    I think it's a good thing that you have to pass on something to get something else.
    mages dont have powerful aoes, if they want a secondary 45 aoe they need to give up impact.
    warriors are pretty straightforward but lacking in the damage department (unless ridic overgeared)
    priests can choose torment + 960 heal, or aoe 960 heal and parasite. same with the buff tree as you explained.
    archers just simply lack the damage and abilities needed (shadow shot does 200% damage, thats 200 to 350 damage on average, terrible. also missing ice shot)

Assassins are the only class that dont have to give up anything to get their full skillset. and since the general damage is very LOW (even lower with op items), your minor healing gets twice as effective.

thats why sins are op compared to other classes

Ardream cw is pretty good atm at some times, you should have duffer :P

Darken, PsychoPath and LyKeZ like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 4YouNoHealStupiD View Post
    =o          

lmao id feel ashamed of playing ko if i was there.

such an old game

Ancient Tribesman Moderator Darken's Avatar
    In deep d4rk forest, with thick mists is something valuable hidden.The Village of Golden Tribesman

woah. I'm all impressed -,-

Ancient Tribesman Moderator Darken's Avatar
    In deep d4rk forest, with thick mists is something valuable hidden.The Village of Golden Tribesman

woah. I'm all impressed -,- any more pics from that event ? :P

the best joke :

El Shaddai Senior Member zecabr's Avatar

chickssssssssssssssssss

i think many have thought this by now but...

why are those pics relevant in this thread?

Will the Gamescon event thing be streamed? there you go

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    the same way it takes "more skill" to survive, it takes a minimal amount of skill to score kills on duffed targets. just press 1 button all while remaining stealth for the entire fight.

and with an absurd amount of gear (what the "pro" dcz players usually pk with) it gets even easier to both survive the duffs, and score kills.

now add an average dose of coordination, and you got yourself a team impossible to beat for all the other random noobs, despite a possible disadvantage in numbers.

is that fair? lately ko is just no fun at all for me. but if cz pk is repetitive and dull, then dcz pk is even worse, imo.

edit: talking about fairness of the zone mostly, because now that i think about it, stomping noobs is always fun.

@zeca -q

If your a sin and you sit in stealth and simply tunnel duffs, you'd have a hard time finding decent players who are willing to play with you. I certainly wouldn't play with a sin who has no idea how to support his party. There is no surviving duffs, simple as that, if you're sitting duffs with a player running at you, you will almost certainly die. Catching players out on duffs is the fun of the zone, everyone knows its coming, most priests/sins should be relatively quick on cures and thats where outplaying your opponents will give you the win. Not just having random goons run in for para's. The fact that you get punished so hard for sitting duffs is the dynamic of the zone, over-extending 20 yards will get you killed same as being caught out un-aware and such. There is alot less room for error, especially when you're outnumbered.

I'd much rather play with 3-4 extremely sick players and outclass 3 partys than have to sit in an 8 man party with 3-4 baddies whilst facerolling into duffs and spamming 10ks. For anyone talking shit about warriors, archers and the likes, have you even ever played with any good warrs/archers in DCZ? They fucking stomp shit up allllll day. Any class can end someone pretty quickly with full duffs (2-3hits) so it rarely matters. I remember rolling priest/warr/archer back in the days and the pressure output on torments coupled with good styxes and the ease of snatchin quick kills meant we could tank alottt of people as no-one could get close enough to me to put me under any sort of pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavie View Post
    If your a sin and you sit in stealth and simply tunnel duffs, you'd have a hard time finding decent players who are willing to play with you. I certainly wouldn't play with a sin who has no idea how to support his party. There is no surviving duffs, simple as that, if you're sitting duffs with a player running at you, you will almost certainly die. Catching players out on duffs is the fun of the zone, everyone knows its coming, most priests/sins should be relatively quick on cures and thats where outplaying your opponents will give you the win. Not just having random goons run in for para's. The fact that you get punished so hard for sitting duffs is the dynamic of the zone, over-extending 20 yards will get you killed same as being caught out un-aware and such. There is alot less room for error, especially when you're outnumbered.

I'd much rather play with 3-4 extremely sick players and outclass 3 partys than have to sit in an 8 man party with 3-4 baddies whilst facerolling into duffs and spamming 10ks. For anyone talking shit about warriors, archers and the likes, have you even ever played with any good warrs/archers in DCZ? They fucking stomp shit up allllll day. Any class can end someone pretty quickly with full duffs (2-3hits) so it rarely matters. I remember rolling priest/warr/archer back in the days and the pressure output on torments coupled with good styxes and the ease of snatchin quick kills meant we could tank alottt of people as no-one could get close enough to me to put me under any sort of pressure.
    Oi cunt what ya been doing
    Get me net back tommorow
    What we playing mop or gayO

Lmao where in the fuck did u go missin too? WoW for sure, season is over like this week or smth i think, then mop is out soon.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast