those selling accounts, read this:

This is a discussion on those selling accounts, read this: within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; dunno how many of u have experienced this, but i have and so would like everyone to be wary next ...
Page: 1

Default those selling accounts, read this:

dunno how many of u have experienced this, but i have and so would like everyone to be wary next time they sell accounts using paypal.

this is what happened: i put a rogue on ebay, start price 200 and buyout 220. someone bought it (his nick on ebay is fredfinnerty706, i believe if i havent misspelled) and then sent the 220 via paypal the same day, right then and there. fortunately, i didnt send him the account info right away as i read my email later that night, which is also when i found out paypal was launching an investigation into potentially unauthorized funds that i may have received (read: fraud). as it turns out, the transaction was reversed by paypal (wont go into detail there, but paypal doesnt have the brightest of cs reps-- if u want more on this pm me). now, if i was online at the immediate time of auction close, i might have sent him the info and thus been scammed/defrauded of the acc info- same way one might use a check only to have his bank deny it and purposefully cause it to bounce.

so, moral of the story is-> take time in sending info if payments been made with paypal, esp if u have buy it now options available or the bidder is one with 0 feedback (or less, this douche who bought my rogue- i checked his rating recently and its -2 atm, lol..im not the first seller hes attempted to scam).

good day all,
    :wub:

SaTaN

me and my dad only sell to people with a good rating that has 10 or more reply/comments to his records. that way we know he is trustable and with paypal you wait 2 days to make sure you dont end up sending it and having paypal say no to his CC fund.

Originally posted by SaTaN
    me and my dad only sell to people with a good rating that has 10 or more reply/comments to his records. that way we know he is trustable and with paypal you wait 2 days to make sure you dont end up sending it and having paypal say no to his CC fund.
    rating don't matter ppl make other accounts to boost 1 accounts ratings or ask a friend to do so, i say u are taking a risk no matter what so careful

Baneare

Is there a time limit that the buyer can retract his payment? Something like 2 days after the auition is closed they cannot get a refund?

Can you put something in your item description that says the info will be given within 24 hours of the sale?

TunaFishyMe

if the guy gives you money, he cannot get a refund for a virtual item. I dont know exactly what you mean by unauthorized fund

echo

I had the exact same thing happen to me, unauthorised funds, meaning he says he didnt purchase said item it must have been someone else using his CC. Luckily i got the email from PP just before handing over account. The 2nd time i put the account up, the account sold then i got an email from the winner saying he did not bid on the item, his ebay account was hacked. So first someone hacked paypal account and tried to scam me the 2nd time they hacked someones ebay and tried to scam me. It is true if someone buys a virtual item they can not charge back, BUT they can say they never bought the item in the first place which leads to fraudulant use of this persons paypal which then YOU get investigated. Meanwhile all they would have to do is check the IP of the person doing the transactions from ebay and paypal but no they are useless.

WHAT THE HELL IS WITH THESE HACKERS AND USKO?!?!?

bull

Originally posted by TunaFishyMe
    if the guy gives you money, he cannot get a refund for a virtual item. *I dont know exactly what you mean by unauthorized fund
    i think he's saying the guy who sent him money didn't actually have the money on his CC, or something like that.

BUMP THIS SHIT TO THE FUKING TOP, NO MORE SCAMMING PEOPLE!!!

IT CAN HAPPEN, ASK QOOP h43r:

edit: MODS MAKE THIS A STICKY PLZ, PEOPLE NEED TO BE AWARE

EatMeTheMage

so i can't safely sell accounts?

Killgannon

Boo hoo.

EatMeTheMage

Originally posted by Killgannon
    Boo hoo.
    <_<

RoxaS

Moral of Story: Dont sell your accouts for USD, kkthxbye