Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

ARROWSHOWER HACK -- Here to stay?

This is a discussion on ARROWSHOWER HACK -- Here to stay? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I'm really tired of seeing this. Im tired of all the Macroers and Arrowshower Hack KOxx users. There have been ...
Page: 1

Milkshaker

Default ARROWSHOWER HACK -- Here to stay?

I'm really tired of seeing this. Im tired of all the Macroers and Arrowshower Hack KOxx users. There have been many disappointing things about KO / KE that have made me want to stop playing, but i never was very serious about it until now.

Since Arrow Shower Hack does not seem to be going away and the GM's aren't banning people for it anymore, maybe we should just embrace it. Ok fine, im joking about embracing it but what are we to do? It is so common among archers now that people expect for you to use it if you are a rogue with a bow.

I have worked very hard for all of my levels since September 5, 2004 and I am just really tired of the recent seemingly ongoing bullcrap and lack of concern by other players as well as GMs

So I ask you... Is arrow shower hack here to stay? If not then why isn't anyone doing anything about it?

http://files.filefront.com/ArrowShower_Hac...;/fileinfo.html

FatM4n

I hope the gm's the their thumbs out of their arse and start doing what they are paid for

HS detects this hack and it autobans them. For some reason, not all are detected and banned. Same goes for other macro tools.

Maybe we can help this "cheater reporting" with some sort of tool. Might be a waste of time but worth a shot.

Festo and I were involved in an anticheat project started by Arestides (how ironic) but died really fast cause the lack of support from him aswell (as expected). We had some stuff from that time, maybe we can reuse it and see what we can come up with.

SaTaN

Originally posted by Devile
    HS detects this hack and it autobans them. For some reason, not all are detected and banned. Same goes for other macro tools.

Maybe we can help this "cheater reporting" with some sort of tool. Might be a waste of time but worth a shot. *

Festo and I were involved in an anticheat project started by Arestides (how ironic) but died really fast cause the lack of support from him aswell (as expected). We had some stuff from that time, maybe we can reuse it and see what we can come up with.
    Would be nice to see it gone devile.

Hostage

I dont think even with all the hackshield programs you put out will stop all hacks. Maybe most, but there will always be new programs. Then again, new hackshields. :P

After playing Unreal Tournament, Quake, and Counter Strike, it seemed like there was a new bot out like once a month, then a week later, a new patch.

Milkshaker

No offense intended, but while programs that "automatically" solve problems are somewhat effective, they do occasionally fail. It seems to me that you would find the solution to why they fail a lot faster if someone could let you know immediately about a problem instead of having to wait hours or even days to read about it on the forums.

The video in the link i posted was from a few days ago, but the characters in the video were seen in the same spot on Ares 1 just hours ago.

Any Suggestions?

Cava

ok well, here's what i know. there isn't only 1 programme that can fuck up ko. there are more than 2173628 programmes similar to kosp, and u just need a programme to prevent hackshield from working. many myko hacking/macroing tools could've been used on usko.. so k2shhould check on those. then again its not really possible <_<

Rentzusuken

Originally posted by Hostage
    After playing Unreal Tournament, Quake, and Counter Strike, it seemed like there was a new bot out like once a month, then a week later, a new patch.
    Sphin>< was GREAT at finding the new bots. h43r:

NightOwl

Well, I think the point is - arrow shower hacks came to stay but the main point is, hacks don't force no one to cheat. It's like saying cars and guns kill ppl... ppl kill ppl, the same way hackers are hackers even if they don't have the tools for their trade. As long there are some players who like to stay in the right path, who enjoy playing this game fairly, those will always be the nr1 np holders and nr1 clan in every server, cause hackers are always skill less h43r:

Too lazy to read all so I'll just say 1 thing, kohack/kosp/koxp w/e that shit called, it never gone.
    Every time I was lvling my archer to 50 at hai's, ALWAYS here was some noob/party arrow showering trons....
    Pulling golems didn't help since they just run and arrow shower them too <_<

K2 approach about cheats has changed. Dunno if they heard me after asking for this for so long or someone else inside came up with the idea, but I'm glad they changed the way the worked before. Some here might think nothing has changed and nobody gets banned. Thats wrong.

My suggestion months ago was to stop blocking cheats but actually letting cheaters use them, but in the background detect and report them. Whats the point on blocking a hack that will be updated in hours. Blocking cheats alert the developers and they will come up with a fast fix. Isn't it better to let cheaters think everything is fine, use their crap and later on get banned for it not knowing what the hell they did wrong?

Well, thats what is going on right now. Cheaters are getting banned for using many hack tools but they have no idea what they used to get banned. They dont know if the hack they are using will be detected tomorrow or not. Bans increase if they fuck up again.

This has forced mainstream hacks to be developed in private, reducing the number of ppl with access to this cheats. Sure, not perfect but much better than seeing 60% of server using hacks. About KOXP, prolly K2 needs to tune up a bit more HS and thats it.

On the other hand, maybe we can help reporting these cases in a proper way. How, lets think about it. Maybe we can get something nice to help cleanup the servers.

Mahican

Devile. When people are caught, why ban them for 30 days or so, then let them back to the game with their uber levels. From what I have seen, the only people on Beramus who got delevelled were hit and hotsauce. The rest got bans and were able to come back with their levels intact. This achieves nothing. Why do they not just delete the accounts of the people they have caught using 3rd party programs. This will cause people to think twice then. I know that if I was ever to macro (which i would never do), I wouldnt care about being caught because a 30 day ban is nothing. I woul come back 30 days later with 2 or 3 more levels to my name.
    I do not see the "scare factor" in K2's policy at all.

Not saying that the penalties are right. I'm talking about how they are detecting hacks instead of blocking them. Sure, permanent bans should remain permanent.

During the time i was a GM, i banned thousands of accounts PERMANENTLY. Most of them for duping. I didnt have the time to go inside of every single one of them and delete everything so i just wiped some and left the rest with the items, coins, etc. What a surprise i got months later when Arestides decided that the banlist was "too long" and unbanned ALL with all the dupes and coins inside of those accounts.

Permanent should mean PERMENANT. And ppl who macro should be deleveled at least, if they aren't gonna give permanent bans.

Milkshaker

Originally posted by Devile
    Isn't it better to let cheaters think everything is fine, use their crap and later on get banned for it not knowing what the hell they did wrong?
    The mere mention of a program like this scares me a little, but only a little, I guess my only recourse is to wait and see what happens.

Two things though that that policy does not cover:

The fact that I buy premium every 30 days and i pay for playing on ly so that i can benefit from the leveling aspect of the game and while K2 allows the hackers and cheaters to remain in the game, they are robbing me of my leveling time, the time that i pay for. I cannot compete with this type of hack. This arrow shower hack kills all monsters far faster than i can.

Secondly, It is not always the archer that is the main beneficiary of the arrowshower hack. In my video there is a PARTY sitting in the grass near him and while all the members of the party sit and benefit from the exp, technically they are doing nothing wrong so if you BAN the archer, the "party" will just load a different account with an archer to perform his dirty deed with almost no interruption at all.

This is something that no hackshield program can detect since parties are made up by people on different computers.

The idea here is, detect the guy using the HACK, and ban him. The faster this is done, the less exp leechers will get. Sure, they can load another archer to do the same, but i dont think u will have infinite items to dress all those archers. Also, difficult to have infinite lvl55+ rogues.

I get your point, sadly, we can't do much about this but discuss here a dream about K2 doing something to stop them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast