Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

ARROWSHOWER HACK -- Here to stay?

This is a discussion on ARROWSHOWER HACK -- Here to stay? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; PERMANENT SHOULD MEAN PERMANENT - I agree, ask warmaster...
Page: 2

morax

PERMANENT SHOULD MEAN PERMANENT - I agree, ask warmaster

Milkshaker

Ok, thank you for replying so quickly, im glad i have your interest, and since i do have your attention, i dont want you to think that i am arguing with you... i just have a couple of questions...

Since it takes a long time to get banned for this type of abuse, and since you dont really need uber items to kill trons, how many archers would someone need to cover a 30 day ban?

Any talk of increasing the number of days these hackers get banned for?

duke

if u're too tired then quit the game or help ko by giving them tons of money to hire a better programmer to detect it. :lol:

AreS

The old penalty guide is james guide, bring back xp ks bans (not boss or cz) and change the guide (if he really is gone why not make new rules, because the old ones don't work)

Well, afaik, u can get banned in few hours after being detected. Detection should be complemented with GMs patrolling the server or at least having constables to do that.

So far i know u get banned for 15 days, then 30, etc. Should be higher imo.

mentalstamina

look how far the cheat has gone in this game ...

this should be tolerance ZERO

ban permanently for any macro users ( pk or exp ) ban permanently for dupes ban at least 60 days for bug abusing and so

we need more gms or more active one patrolling as much as they can programs dont do everything

k2 should stop thinking 2 min about the kc the cheaters will pay them and start to clean this game

guess this will never happen

There was thousands of 255 bans ( character bans ) on ares, from when i was a GM due to the fact that i cudnt ban properly. The fact is k2 cannot communicate correctly to get the full effectiveness outta the team at hand.

Nosferatu_Incognito

The arrow shower hack is a problem. There isn't much that can be done about it other then to report what you've seen with fraps and tell yourself you've done a good job. Martial Law never does anything anymore cause who cares about 5% when you can arrow shower that back in a few mins.

Popular majority is a wonderful thing if done properly. All of us should have the free version of fraps running at all times. If we all turn in fraps taken of people they might get the point. If not they just add a coment to the emial "fix it or I stop paying for this game". Hit them where the pocket book sits and they might listen a little differently.

Devile, Jessica Wabbit, hell just about all of the past non-inhouse GM's will tell you the same thing. You could "Inform" k2 day after day about who's doing what against the Terms Of Service but unless the paying customer says enough is enough they will just keep on saying "thank you for the information, we are currently awair of this issue and we are working dilagently to fix this problem. K2."

Where the time goes fast, but everything is slow

Dunno about their aproach, but i posted screenshots and fraps of people macroing on official forum, and nothing was done about it. And the macroers even made fun of me , pming me on game saying "dont ý looked cool on that video?"

morax

If they pay premium they will be unbanned.... I banned tons on xigenon - they are all back. Good news is i changed some people who now play the game fairly so my time there wasnt totally wasted.

Apollus

Originally posted by morax
    If they pay premium they will be unbanned.... I banned tons on xigenon - they are all back. Good news is i changed some people who now play the game fairly so my time there wasnt totally wasted.
    +1

If they actually made customer support effective, banned dupers etc More people would buy premium as the service is there to make the game clean. Dirty game = wots the point in buyin premium if im not gonna get a response

Inpulse

Originally posted by Devile
    HS detects this hack and it autobans them. For some reason, not all are detected and banned. Same goes for other macro tools.

Maybe we can help this "cheater reporting" with some sort of tool. Might be a waste of time but worth a shot. *

Festo and I were involved in an anticheat project started by Arestides (how ironic) but died really fast cause the lack of support from him aswell (as expected). We had some stuff from that time, maybe we can reuse it and see what we can come up with.
    do u realize how easy it is to bypass hackshiled?...hs is useless noob program to scare people

Hackshield maybe is easily bypassed but please do not post the process on these forums Thank You

Sure, very easy to bypass and make your stuff work, but are u 100% sure u wont get detected/banned? Might not pick all hacks out there, but its sure doing a better job than before.

Wont go in detail here, but thats what i meant with the change K2 did.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast